Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 20:29   #10456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00p View Post
... any after market solution ... to fill the glaring gap i'd have if i were to replace polo's stock HU with a single din HU? ...
One needs a 'dash kit' - available from VW as well as on the 'net. Off-the-shelf after-market for VW will take some more time in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00p View Post
... mid bass drivers in the front doors of Polo require cutting the door, or would they fit cosily behind the stock grills? ...
Proper mounting locations are provided in the doors for standard-sized speakers
Old 14th October 2010, 20:53   #10457
Senior - BHPian

My civic has the aux in not the usb option of the new civic. So I now use a ipod charger and a jack to aux in to play music of the ipod. Its terribly distracting as the music control is through the ipod.

What options do I have to get the HU read the ipod?

Get a HU of the new civic if someone is discarding it.

Can I get it from Honda ? Is this a simple solution - I mean is it plug n play ?

Or I use the HK D+P ?

Any other option ?
Old 16th October 2010, 20:32   #10458
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^ - no one ????????
Old 16th October 2010, 21:29   #10459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
My civic has the aux in not the usb option of the new civic. So I now use a ipod charger and a jack to aux in to play music of the ipod. Its terribly distracting as the music control is through the ipod.

Get a HU of the new civic if someone is discarding it.

Can I get it from Honda ? Is this a simple solution - I mean is it plug n play ?

Or I use the HK D+P ?

Any other option ?
NC you answered your own question. The best will be HK D+P if you are unable to find the HU.

You can get the new HU from Honda but its gonna cost somewhere around upwards of 20k i guess.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:03   #10460
BHPian

Subwoofer enclosure design and filling !!

Hi Gurus,

I seen in some of the install pictures of the Net that Sub enclosures are lined with some sort of material like Glass wool or other such damping/insulating material.

I would like to know what are the benefit/ drawback of filling/lining the sub enclosure with such material?
Secondly does one needs to consider the volume of material being used and adjust the dimensions of the box at design stage to achieve the ideal volume for the box?
Thirdly can one use the non woven fiber mat that is pasted to the underside of the carpets used in our cars?

Also does anybody in or around Delhi know of a place or market from where one can buy materal for fiber glass moudling, any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Jasvinder
Old 17th October 2010, 13:28   #10461
Senior - BHPian

Glass wool or Poly-fill (same as that used in pillows and cushions) damps out the rear wave of the sub in a sealed enclosure. This prevents resonance in the enclosure, which changes the characteristic of the sub. The material should not be pressed flat - it should be left flocked (loose pile).

Stuffed in large quantities, it serves to make the box appear a volume larger than it is physically.

Since the effective density of the material is low (~10% or less of what it seems), it is a rather insignificant fraction of the enclosure volume.

Use carpet felt for the same purpose? Sure one could, but since the effective density is much more (>70%), one has to figure out how to make a loose roll and make it stand behind the sub. Pasted on the inside walls is not going to be effective with felt - too thin to provide any resistance in the box volume.
Old 17th October 2010, 17:55   #10462
BHPian

@DerAlte: Thanks for the information. Poly Fill will be easy to find and handle with regard to Glass wool. Would a single layer of material that is available with home furnishing guys enough or should multiple layer be used?
Old 17th October 2010, 19:55   #10463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Glass wool or Poly-fill (same as that used in pillows and cushions) damps out the rear wave of the sub in a sealed enclosure. This prevents resonance in the enclosure, which changes the characteristic of the sub. The material should not be pressed flat - it should be left flocked (loose pile).
@Der - Is a pictorial representation of the same available ?
Old 17th October 2010, 23:15   #10464
BHPian

What is edge steepness?
Old 18th October 2010, 10:26   #10465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
1. Get a HU of the new civic if someoneis discarding it.
2. Or I use the HK D+P ?
NC ask GTO if his Civic's HU is still around. he relaced the HU of his Civic some months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
What is edge steepness?
In what context? There is edge diffraction and baffle step compensation both of which are related to speaker boxes, there is also the steepness of a crosoover (slope), ....
Old 18th October 2010, 11:46   #10466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
... Would a single layer of material that is available with home furnishing guys enough or should multiple layer be used?
Not sure what you meant by 'single layer' - you need 2-3" thickness.(in original fluffy state).

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
... pictorial representation ...
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-polyfill.jpg
Old 28th October 2010, 11:44   #10467
BHPian

Guys
How do I ''fix'' the subwoofer in my Fiesta's boot. The problem is that after driving for a while, the subwoofer gets a mind of it's own and starts dancing in the boot. I mean it doesn't stay where it was put. Sometimes it comes all the way to the boot entrance. The subwoofer is an Infinity Reference 1240SE which comes with it's own ported enclosure.
Old 28th October 2010, 16:07   #10468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the subwoofer gets a mind of it's own and starts dancing in the boot.
Velcro .
Old 28th October 2010, 16:36   #10469
BHPian

Quote:
Guys
How do I ''fix'' the subwoofer in my Fiesta's boot. The problem is that after driving for a while, the subwoofer gets a mind of it's own and starts dancing in the boot. I mean it doesn't stay where it was put. Sometimes it comes all the way to the boot entrance. The subwoofer is an Infinity Reference 1240SE which comes with it's own ported enclosure.
I've placed a vinyl sheet in the boot which made this worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Velcro .
Thank you Navin, I was also searching for a simple DIY thingy to keep this in place. Whenever I open the boot, the SW will be there in the center of the boot to greet me.

Will a 2" square for 4 corners to hold approx 30Kg box or should I've to stick this all the way below the enclosure? What do you suggest?
Old 28th October 2010, 18:01   #10470
Senior - BHPian

Experts:

I want to add 2 speakers on the parcel trey in the boot for my Vista. Since, the boot has poor space, i don't want to block any part of it with speakers.

For your info, there are already 6 speakers in the car which came by default, as it is the top-end Vista. 1 in each door and 2 tweeters on the dash. However, I think the bass can be better. So thought of adding 2 speakers on the parcel trey.

Please suggest:
1) Feasibility: Whether its worth and/or possible.
2) Brand
3) Output
4) Type (oval, etc...)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks