Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 10:08   #10336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Guru's, can Jazz's OE music system be replaced with aftermarket HU ? Has anybody tried it before ? Like for civic, are there any aftermarket panels available which would aid this experiment ?
Yes it can. I dont know if anyone on TBHP has tried it but after market panels should be available, the car has been out a while now.
Old 14th August 2010, 02:45   #10337
BHPian

who is the authorized dealer for servicing Blaupunkt audio player in bangalore? its 6 years old, past 1 month noticed suddenly the audio system switches off and its started automatically in 1 minute and its repeats. sometimes it works absolutly fine...
Old 14th August 2010, 10:38   #10338
BHPian

Can somebody help me with the prices, discounted or otherwise for the following-
1 3sixty.2
2 alpine pxe h650
Old 14th August 2010, 11:15   #10339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Can somebody help me with the prices, discounted or otherwise for the following-
1 3sixty.2
2 alpine pxe h650
will be in terms of 25k + for both of them
Old 14th August 2010, 15:22   #10340
BHPian

Need Suggestions

Hello gurus,

After ages one of my friend is in US for 4 weeks, and can help me getting some stuff from there. I was thinking of getting some components or a sub if there is some great deal going on.

I mostly listen to classic rock, sufi and bollywood, like laid back sound. The car is an Alto and I was thinking of getting some good quality comps which can be bought for around $100-125 The current amp is GT5 A604 powering GT5 4" and 6x9 co-ax.

Ideally the best way is to listen personally and then decide, but in current situation, this is not an option for me.

Need your advise on the following,

0. Is this a good thought at all? Will I get something good for 100 bucks?
1. To retain the stock location (4"), if it all possible. --->> very confused on this one I know 6.5 will do wonders, but cutting shutting....!
2. Enhance the sound stage as much as possible for this budget.
3. Get the best possible deal for this amount.

I have already started looking for good deals, need to place the order by tomorrow or on Monday max so that it reaches on time.

So far shortlisted the following,

Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB6501 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component System (Pair, Silver): Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: MB Quart Discus DSH216 6.5" 2-Way Component Speaker System: Car Electronics

Still looking for some 4" ones in my budget. But alas. Found the following option, out of budget, but is it worth?

Amazon.com: SLX 210 Deluxe - Rainbow SLX 4" 2-Way Component System: Car Electronics

Edit:

Found a thread on DIYMA about the amazon offer (45% off), is there anything good worth buying here?

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...car-audio.html

Man, how do you guys find good deals in US??? I could not get any!

Last edited by cyclops : 14th August 2010 at 15:24.
Old 15th August 2010, 01:15   #10341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
After ages one of my friend is in US for 4 weeks, and can help me getting some stuff from there.

Man, how do you guys find good deals in US??? I could not get any!
1. if you are getting stuff from the US look for the brands that are just not avaiable here. Indian prices also buy you warranty which you wont get from a US purchase.

2. As far as good deals are concerned. Be wary. Frank Mehta gets some lovely prices as do some others so maybe you should ask them. I prefer to stick to retailers that are only 5 star rated by amazon etc.. even if it means paying a bit more.
Old 15th August 2010, 10:56   #10342
BHPian

Guys! Do you have any idea about the Infinity IMS?
Is it just an input selector or will it improve the sound from my Fiesta's stock Headunit as well?

Navinji I think you can help me by getting in touch with Sam Sir, I had sent him a PM but received no reply since three days. I tried contacting Infinity Customer Case as well but no reply from them as well.
Old 15th August 2010, 11:53   #10343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys! Do you have any idea about the Infinity IMS?
Is it just an input selector or will it improve the sound from my Fiesta's stock Headunit as well?

Navinji I think you can help me by getting in touch with Sam Sir, I had sent him a PM but received no reply since three days. I tried contacting Infinity Customer Case as well but no reply from them as well.
It is just a input selector only it will not improve any SQ.

And Sam bhai has gone to germany for some personal work !!!
Old 15th August 2010, 12:41   #10344
BHPian

help in upgrade

Hello Gurus,

i presently own an OHC VTEC with an ICE setup below:
Alpine HU CDE 9872E with Ipod dock
front coaxial speakers (don't remember the brand)
rear JBL GTO(some series) 6X9

i am planning to finally upgrade the system and was looking at a few options:
i am happy with the HU as it is doing the basic work by playing my I pod. I am as of now not planning to put in a sub(can think of it later)

for the front i was looking at Morel tempo 6X component system and DLS oval 962 for the rear.
I need help in deciding on a good 4-channel(preferred) amp to drive the morels & DLS.

I can put in a sub & monoblock in the future if i feel the need. For now however i was hoping to get some feedback on an Amplifier as well as on my choice of speakers.

i prefer to listen to classic & modern/alternative rock.
Old 15th August 2010, 13:15   #10345
BHPian

I have a question for the ICE gurus here. In a couple of weeks, I will be taking delivery of my Safari VX and the vehicle comes with the Alpine DVA-9861E HU and Tata also provides the iPod Interface cable with the HU. Now, I did some googling a couple of days back and came to know that Alpine sells another cable for this HU which apparently can be used for connecting a USB storage device for the HU. Does anyone know which cable it is exactly and where can I get this cable in Delhi. Also, does any one know if this interface cable will allow me to use my external hard drive with the head unit? Also, any indicators about the probable pricing of this cable?

Last edited by SumitB : 15th August 2010 at 13:16.
Old 15th August 2010, 19:36   #10346
BHPian

Nice choice of equipment!
I'd suggest you look for the DLS reference or classic 4 channel amp.
DLS RA40 (if you can source from US), or the DLS CA41 (heard it was available at some discount ~ 15k). Am not sure what's the cost of Genesis amps here locally but if you have the budget, go for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Hello Gurus,

i presently own an OHC VTEC with an ICE setup below:
Alpine HU CDE 9872E with Ipod dock
front coaxial speakers (don't remember the brand)
rear JBL GTO(some series) 6X9

i am planning to finally upgrade the system and was looking at a few options:
i am happy with the HU as it is doing the basic work by playing my I pod. I am as of now not planning to put in a sub(can think of it later)

for the front i was looking at Morel tempo 6X component system and DLS oval 962 for the rear.
I need help in deciding on a good 4-channel(preferred) amp to drive the morels & DLS.

I can put in a sub & monoblock in the future if i feel the need. For now however i was hoping to get some feedback on an Amplifier as well as on my choice of speakers.

i prefer to listen to classic & modern/alternative rock.
Old 15th August 2010, 22:05   #10347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Nice choice of equipment!
I'd suggest you look for the DLS reference or classic 4 channel amp.
DLS RA40 (if you can source from US), or the DLS CA41 (heard it was available at some discount ~ 15k). Am not sure what's the cost of Genesis amps here locally but if you have the budget, go for them.
RA40 is seriously out of my league.
checked DLS CA41 on ebay and it was for 18K. is this a right price?
Old 15th August 2010, 22:35   #10348
BHPian

Damn that's expensive! You could get a RA40 in US with that money.
Sent you a PM btw.
Old 15th August 2010, 23:27   #10349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Damn that's expensive! You could get a RA40 in US with that money.
Sent you a PM btw.
do you know of any good installer in and around chandigarh?
Old 17th August 2010, 09:02   #10350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I have a question for the ICE gurus here. In a couple of weeks, I will be taking delivery of my Safari VX and the vehicle comes with the Alpine DVA-9861E HU and Tata also provides the iPod Interface cable with the HU. Now, I did some googling a couple of days back and came to know that Alpine sells another cable for this HU which apparently can be used for connecting a USB storage device for the HU. Does anyone know which cable it is exactly and where can I get this cable in Delhi. Also, does any one know if this interface cable will allow me to use my external hard drive with the head unit? Also, any indicators about the probable pricing of this cable?
Any replies? I am scheduled to leave for Delhi in 24 hours. Some help will be appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks