Old 23rd November 2008, 20:08   #8986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
If you are aware of any such posts, please let me know

Guys suggest brands please!!!

Team-BHP Classifieds - Sony subs - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

check the reply given by "santro jockey"

nway if you have already given him coaxials for the front then all he needs are 6*9's and an HU
i think that should be possible in 5K (if not for free )

for the 6*9's check this
Team-BHP Classifieds - Sony 6x9 - XS-V6942A and 16 cm XS-V6942A - 4 way coaxial speakers - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

if the seller above is offereing only the 6*9's they should be worth 1000rs

if nothing works out and youre still serious PM me i would try and arrange brand new JBL speakers for you cheap( my god brand new JBL in a cab - Sam you better get his no!)
MODS please note i do not deal in ICE products or work on any profit.im just helping out someone trying help his cabbie

As for the HU also check
Team-BHP Classifieds - Pioneer DEH-P4650MP with remote, perfect condition - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

this product should ideally be bought for not more than 1800rs(plus shipping) considering its 3 generations old and almost 2 years old ( seller is asking for 3300 though)
it has no usb though.but its a pioneer

Last edited by Magma : 23rd November 2008 at 20:11.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:51   #8987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have a question on behalf of my cab driver
You have your own personal cab driver! Wow!

Quote:
I agree. He wants an MP3 HU (USB will be a ++ since he wants to use a Pen drive ), a decent pair at the back. For the front, I'm donating him my new like Pioneer coaxials already.
Consider JVC. Of the big brands they offer some of the best VFM in the budget category.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:34   #8988
BHPian

USB HDD Issue

@ leadf00t - as I told, I tried to connect my 160GB WD pasport HDD to 4050 HU, but it failed to read. When I connect it, the HU recognise a USB device for a second, but suddenly skips and goes to another source. If I change the source back to USB again it again skip the source, though the LED on HU is on. So, like you, I also believe HDD is not getting enough power from HU. But when the thump drive is connected it works like a charm.

Please let me know if you could try with a 'Y' usb (one to HU and the other to a power source). I will also try to source such a cable, if possible.
Old 24th November 2008, 14:05   #8989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You have your own personal cab driver! Wow!

actually navin thats not uncommon nowadays.

i have one too which i use between 3.30 and 5.00 pm everyday.so do a couple other people in my office building, they find this economical and less of hasseles.

Most cabbies have a cell phone in todays day and age so its easy to contact them
Old 25th November 2008, 09:47   #8990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
actually navin thats not uncommon nowadays
In fact essential for those airport trips at ungodly hours.
Old 25th November 2008, 11:52   #8991
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
In fact essential for those airport trips at ungodly hours.
Quote:
actually navin thats not uncommon nowadays.
A driver I can understand but a cab driver wow! how things have changed. I have not used a cab for a while now (being old has it's privelliges - my nephew & niece would never let me do this).

Magma, what do these cab dirvers cost say for 90 mins, 3 days a week. What if you have your own car and all you need is the driver for 90 x 3 mins per week?
Old 25th November 2008, 13:57   #8992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A driver I can understand but a cab driver wow! how things have changed. I have not used a cab for a while now (being old has it's privelliges - my nephew & niece would never let me do this).

Magma, what do these cab dirvers cost say for 90 mins, 3 days a week. What if you have your own car and all you need is the driver for 90 x 3 mins per week?
navin
i would never let a cab driver drive my own car.
there are special drivers who work on per da basis for that.

the very advantage of using a cab is lost if the cab driver is gonna drive YOUR car . also it will turn out more expensive.

advantages of using the cab in crowded areas i see
well you dont have to worry about parking just get dropped and then call the cabbie to your location.(well your driver does that too but people using large cars always think about their car and driver too)

no worry about your car getting scratched in crowded gallis

cheaper in one way ,since you dont worry about maintenence,repairs fuel etc

more importantly for ppl who have one car the car is free for other family to use plus if its a one way trip you dont have to worry about fuel wastage when your car goes back empty

navin
my cab takes a full load of goods(when tempo not availble) to malad(e) from my factory in byculla in peak traffic ( 5pm) . delivers the goods all in 265-290 rs.(easily 1hr-1.5hrs sometimes)

taking me from office (byculla) to crwford market with goods - 70rs
i find it very reasonable

Last edited by Magma : 25th November 2008 at 14:01.
Old 25th November 2008, 16:11   #8993
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
there are special drivers who work on per da basis for that.

the very advantage of using a cab is lost if the cab driver is gonna drive YOUR car . also it will turn out more expensive.
the per day drivers ask for rs. 400 per day. I was hoping that I'd get a driver for 90 min per day 3 days a week for say 1-1.5K per month (4 weeks) so it would be about Rs. 80 per hour with my car. I dont need a driver the whole day or for that matter every day of the week.

PM me if you have an idea. Lets stick to ICE here.

Last edited by navin : 25th November 2008 at 16:14.
Old 25th November 2008, 23:25   #8994
BHPian

Hello Gurus. This is really urgent.

Please suggest me good 6.5" comps. I can spend upto $250 on comps. I will be getting these from US during 'Thanks giving day' through one of my colleagues. I have decided to get Alpine 9887 HU. So suggest me good comps to with that. Please give your reply as soon as possible. (27th is Thanks giving Day)
Old 25th November 2008, 23:45   #8995
BHPian

To make your work a bit easy suggest me if any one of the followig brands would do and the better one among these. Infinity Reference series, Alpine Type R series, JL TR series, Boston SX series, Hertz Energy series, Focal ( I think most of these are in the same price range from what I have seen on net)
Old 26th November 2008, 03:15   #8996
Senior - BHPian

vamsi, the best advice you will probably get here would be to use your own ears
Old 26th November 2008, 12:57   #8997
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Please suggest me good 6.5" comps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Infinity Reference series, Alpine Type R series, JL TR series, Boston SX series, Hertz Energy series, Focal
I would replace the Infinity Refresence with Infinity Kappa, Hertz Energy with Hi-Energy, Boston SX with Boston Pro.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:09   #8998
BHPian

Thank you Mr.Navven and Mr.Greehorn. Greenhorn ji I cannot use my ears now because I have to get them from US and there is only 1 day left. Any way thanks. If you have any personal choice however you can suggest them here.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:31   #8999
BHPian

@Vamsi - Are you sure you will get Alpine 9887 HU and Infinity Kappa or Hertz Hi-Energy Components at popular stores like Bestbuy, that too with discount on Thanks giving day? All I have seen are (in Electronics) some Sony/Samsung type popular/mass brands and mainly camera/tv kind of apliances.

But the above mentioned things are available in your price bracket already. For eg Alpine 9886 is $250 and Infinity Kappa 6.5" comps is $215 from Amazon.

Please let us know what you get with prices.
Old 26th November 2008, 15:19   #9000
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Gurus,
Please help me out with an upgrade decision.

I currently have a Pioneer HU(model no. I am not too sure about, its 2 years old) and Pioneer rear ovals.

I want to install an amp and a sub. What are my choices in a budget of say 12-15k?
Also, are front compos HIGHLY recommended or can one do without them?
And lastly, incase I go for front compos, do I need to get two amps? one 4-ch to power the 2 sets of speakers and a mono-block for the sub?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks