Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 00:05   #8866
BHPian

FH 6050UB queries!!

i found the following features about FH-6050UB on the poineer India site which were a little confusing to me,so please do explain !!

-Direct AUX-in by mini-jack (rear)
so does that mean we have to use a cable all the way from the rear to attach to a mp3 player?

-USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed)
is this feature present at the front panel or some place else too(rear)!!

-Bluetooth adapter ready
does this mean we need some extra stuff to use bluetooth feature?

-Direct Sub Drive
no clue to that either!!

- 2 RCA pre-outs: selectable (front + rear/front + subwoofer)
so does that mean amps cant be connected?
sorry for too many queries in one go but im too naive in this matter!!
Old 30th October 2008, 02:35   #8867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i found the following features about FH-6050UB on the poineer India site which were a little confusing to me,so please do explain !!

-Direct AUX-in by mini-jack (rear)
so does that mean we have to use a cable all the way from the rear to attach to a mp3 player?
yes
Quote:
-USB direct connection: USB 2.0 (full speed)
is this feature present at the front panel or some place else too(rear)!!
yes again. some sort of extension cable will have to be used

Quote:
-Bluetooth adapter ready
does this mean we need some extra stuff to use bluetooth feature?
yes again. you'll need to hook up a seperate bluetooth kit

Quote:
-Direct Sub Drive
no clue to that either!!
a rather useless feature by which the subwoofer signal is sent to the rear outputs so as to drive a small DVC sub. useless since you cant bridge the channels, and small DVC subs which can work with ~22W are hard to find

Quote:
- 2 RCA pre-outs: selectable (front + rear/front + subwoofer)
so does that mean amps cant be connected?
of course amps can be connected, what statement makes you think otherwise ?
Old 30th October 2008, 06:28   #8868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
of course amps can be connected, what statement makes you think otherwise ?
just the thing that the brackets dint have such an option
Old 30th October 2008, 10:33   #8869
Senior - BHPian

@ariendj, the brackets give 2 possible connection scenarios, but both scenarios need an amp. Pre-outs terminated at RCA sockets provide the signal for the external amp(s) to amplify.
Old 30th October 2008, 12:06   #8870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohang_j View Post
I want to run a 4ch amp for front and rear speakers and a 2ch amp (bridged) for the sub, i have Pio 3050 with 2 pre out. What is the best way to do it.
Koi to reply karo yaar (you and your ICE GO TO HELL bhi chalega)
Old 30th October 2008, 12:21   #8871
Senior - BHPian

both of them are 60W/ch amps, so try mixing and matching , and choose whichever amp is better according to your ears.

I think the best option would be to use the 4 ch for your rears and sub, and reduce the volume of the rears, and apply an HPF to it, so that the channel driving the rears does not consume a lot of power , and that reserve power would be avaliable for the other 2 channels to dump into the sub.

configure one channel as sub(LPF'd ) , other for the speakers(HPF'd) . use a splitter, send one pair to the 2 channel, use it to drive the fronts
another pair to the 4 ch amp to drive the rears. remember you'll be losing fader control, so remember to set the gains on the amps appropriately
Old 30th October 2008, 12:22   #8872
BANNED

Let me try!

Quote:
Koi to reply karo yaar (you and your ICE GO TO HELL bhi chalega)
The easiest and the best way is to use a good 4channel amp and power your front speakers and sub using that. Power your rear speakers from the HU.
If you're adamant on going for a 2 amps setup, then 1 amp input can be taken from the speaker level outputs of the HU. Either use a line convertor or the amp should have a high level input in this case.

And of course, not to turn down your request:
you and your ICE GO TO HELL!
(copy - pasted from your post).

Last edited by speedzak : 30th October 2008 at 12:24. Reason: You and your ICE, I forgot.
Old 30th October 2008, 15:08   #8873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The easiest and the best way is to use a good 4channel amp and power your front speakers and sub using that. Power your rear speakers from the HU.
If you're adamant on going for a 2 amps setup, then 1 amp input can be taken from the speaker level outputs of the HU. Either use a line convertor or the amp should have a high level input in this case.

And of course, not to turn down your request:
you and your ICE GO TO HELL!
(copy - pasted from your post).
Thanks a lot for the reply
I have tried driving rear speakers from HU but the sound (loudness) is very very less (10-15%) at full volume.

Quote:
both of them are 60W/ch amps, so try mixing and matching , and choose whichever amp is better according to your ears.

I think the best option would be to use the 4 ch for your rears and sub, and reduce the volume of the rears, and apply an HPF to it, so that the channel driving the rears does not consume a lot of power , and that reserve power would be avaliable for the other 2 channels to dump into the sub.

configure one channel as sub(LPF'd ) , other for the speakers(HPF'd) . use a splitter, send one pair to the 2 channel, use it to drive the fronts
another pair to the 4 ch amp to drive the rears. remember you'll be losing fader control, so remember to set the gains on the amps appropriately
I have tried using rear pre out to drive both rear speaker and sub but there is a considerable loss in BASS.
Old 30th October 2008, 15:24   #8874
Senior - BHPian

use one pre out for speakers, use an RCA splitter to get two of them, better IMO than using level convertors.
use the other pre out for the sub. usually one of the pre outs can be used as a sub out , with a dedicated LPF and settings for that
Old 30th October 2008, 15:25   #8875
BANNED

Rear fills! Just fills.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the reply
I have tried driving rear speakers from HU but the sound (loudness) is very very less (10-15%) at full volume.
If you have a good front sound stage, it is better to have less volume for the rear fills.
Rear speakers are called rear fills. Yes, they just have to fill in the gap for the rear passengers. The primary sound stage should be from the front speakers. This is the optimal way of setting up speakers.
But if you have a weak front soundstage, then you may power the rears with high volumes. Then, you're moving far away from the optimal setup. So even in this case, it is better to get better front speakers.

Too much gyan and money going to be spent, right?
Old 30th October 2008, 16:12   #8876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
If you have a good front sound stage, it is better to have less volume for the rear fills.
Yes my front stage have illusion 4 inch compos and i need rear speakers mainly to fill mid bass.
Quote:
Too much gyan and money going to be spent, right?
Started with strict 10k, after 3 months now crossed 20k ++ for woofer +amp+fiberglassing+compos etc
Quote:
use one pre out for speakers, use an RCA splitter to get two of them, better IMO than using level convertors.
use the other pre out for the sub. usually one of the pre outs can be used as a sub out , with a dedicated LPF and settings for that
It seems to be good idea i will try this first and then think of line level.May be i can use aux out of JBL amp insted of Y splitter

Last edited by mohang_j : 30th October 2008 at 16:14.
Old 30th October 2008, 23:37   #8877
Senior - BHPian

hi team,

getting some ice tmrw, i went to muneem's shop galaxy and general motors. looking for a JBL 1204 in a asealed box and a good 4 channel amp. how is the JBL 60.4 and the other is a sony version of the same. galaxy said that blau gt4 is mainly used for speakers and not for sub's so kind of confused.

should i go for the JBL amp or the sony amp...

help required urgently as ICEing would start within 12 hours ie tmrw afternoon
Old 30th October 2008, 23:49   #8878
BANNED

@Govigov.
Would suggest you to get Kenwood 8401 amp. The best bang for the buck!
Keep JBL as the next option. Then Blau and last, if nothing: Sony!

Galaxy is owned by Muneem? Never knew that!
Old 31st October 2008, 00:02   #8879
BHPian

Oye.... I Don't Own Any ICE Shops....man does Steeroid own EndEffects and Hydra own Emperor. I am out of here.

Last edited by muneemmk : 31st October 2008 at 00:11.
Old 31st October 2008, 00:52   #8880
Senior - BHPian

he was always advertising that shop i thot that it was his!!! (honestly)

anything about the sub? JBL 1204 and kenwood 8401... alright.

how much should that cost me? the ikon is already amp wired. jbl in a closed box about 3500. how much for the 8401 kenwood?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks