Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2008, 15:16   #8851
BHPian

5k is budget for how many speakers sir.
front or back or both?
what HU will you use?
also what kind of music do you like,also do you have plans for an amplifier etc etc
Old 26th October 2008, 15:26   #8852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
5k is budget for how many speakers sir.
front or back or both?
what HU will you use?
also what kind of music do you like,also do you have plans for an amplifier etc etc
Plan is to upgrade the complete set up but sometime later by dec or may be early next year.

As of now the car has Nippon HU and two crappy nippon rear speakers that sound like AM radio.

So before I go in for complete upgrade,I am thinking of replacing the speakers.

I usually listen to rock/pop music and 99.9% of the time only front two seats are occupied.
So need some speakers that can reproduce or give some decent sound(bass and treble).I am not too much into ICE so some md range speakers will work for me.
Old 26th October 2008, 15:44   #8853
BHPian

hmm.
many speakers to choose from. i like only Illusion,JBL.heardnice things about bull audio too

for 5K get component speakers for the front.
GTO608 are JBL 6inch components. get them if 6 inch speakers fit in the front doors of the accent.should be just under your mentioned budget
Old 26th October 2008, 15:52   #8854
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if 6" would fit in or not.
what are the other options

what about the rear one's?
which one should I opt for.or rather which one's would sit perfectly in the parcel tray without any cutting shutting.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 26th October 2008 at 15:54.
Old 26th October 2008, 16:18   #8855
BHPian

i think 6 inchers should fit using an MDF ring.please goto the sound off and show off section and have a look at other accent instals to be sure.infact im almost sure 6 inchers fit there using an MDF ring

there is also a 5 inch model GTO508c

if you are going for a sub then no need of changing rear speakers

if not then you can put 6 inch round speakers like GT5 652 or oval speakers GTO 937 or 938 ( ovals will give you more bass)
Old 27th October 2008, 10:35   #8856
BHPian

Akshay,
For 5K you will get decent comps from JBL, Illusion etc. Go for comps and install them at front doors. Let the rear speakers there and you can throw them out with next upgrade. Focus on front speakers, not rear.
Old 27th October 2008, 10:50   #8857
BHPian

Hi guys,
I have a weird problem in my zen,head unit is pioneer,i think its 6950,rear speakers a re oval again pioneer 4way,front speakers are ultimate,i guess the five inch ones....

I get good bass and the music at the rear is loud,but front has almost no effect.......even if i cancel out the rear speakers,the front is hardly audible,like say the head unit is playing on volume level 4.....very low....

I bought myself pioneer 6inch speakers which i fit usuing a MDF ring,i guess they were two way,but the sound quality was just not as per my liking,the front speakers would jar when connected to the four channel amp of sony(while buying i was told they would noit jar,i guess i was just duped)

I am now interested to upgrade my front speakers...my priorites are crystal clear quality of sound in the front coz i drive alone most of the time,i would also like to know what brand,rating etc etc and whether i should connect an amp to all four speakers...(i dont want them to jar plsss).SOund in the front needs to be loud as well...

COuld you guys suggest what would be the best setup for my zen....i wouldnt mind junking the rear speakers as well....if there is something that will give me better sound quality...and loudness...
Old 27th October 2008, 11:48   #8858
BANNED

@Scorpian.
You should get a 6/6.5" sized decent speakers for the front. Get component speakers. They're far better than normal coaxials. Connect them to your amp and you'll have a rocking front soundstage.
You can choose from JBL, Hertz, Illusion audio, Rainbow, Bull audio, Alpine etc.. My choice would be Bull audio for 5k.

What else is connected to your 4channel amp? Do you have a sub?
Old 27th October 2008, 23:41   #8859
BHPian

@Speedzak
Thanks for the reply...

I have sold of the 4channel amp,and the front 2way speakers of pioneer,as they would jar...

Right now the current set up is...

Headunit of Pionner 6950
Front speakers...Ultimate (dont like them at all no sound in the front)
Rear speakers ...Pioneer 6x9 4way something...
No AMP
No Sub..

The plan is to first upgrade the front speakers,as u have suggested components will i get components of 5inch to fit in the front door,or will i have to use a MDF spacer?

What size are the front components most commonly?
If i connect a amp(next purchase)will they jar?(used to listening to loud music)What amp would be good..?

I do not want too much of a boom boom sound,clarity and awesum sound reproduction hold the priority in my list....so i am thinking of axeing the idea of a sub...(am i doing the right thing)

Sorry for too many questions.......i hope you will understand my thirst for a good sounding system....

Thanks!
Old 28th October 2008, 13:10   #8860
BANNED

First of all, understand that Jarring will happen to even best of equipments if not tuned properly. So even if you get good equipment, make sure you get it installed by a good installer.

Get 6.5" size components for the front. They're the most common ones and will fit in the Zen comfortably with a spacer.

To extract the best out of the components, you'll need to power it using an amp. Better if you can upgrade together. Or you can go step by step and get to know the difference too.

And importantly, a sub is not designed to go boom boom boom!
It should play the low ends of music in a controlled manner. Many peoply doesn't understand this and they use it to create air movement inside the car.

A good setup is where the speakers (& tweeters) can play the mids and highs clearly and the sub plays the lows clean. Easily told than done!
Old 28th October 2008, 15:41   #8861
BHPian

I want to run a 4ch amp for front and rear speakers and a 2ch amp (bridged) for the sub, i have Pio 3050 with 2 pre out. What is the best way to do it.

My set up is
JBL CS 60.2 for the sub
Blau MKII 4ch for the speakers
Front Illusion 4inch compos
Rear JBL 506c compos

When i tried to drive JBL 506c from HU sound was very less (they have less sensitivity)
Old 28th October 2008, 19:43   #8862
BHPian

@Speedzak

Thanks for the response....

I shall upgrade the front with the 6.5components.
Which amp should i buy,i mean am interested in the four channel but which make and what wattage?

Should i keep the rear 6x9 or should i upgrade them with something else?

The sub idea is more clearer now,i somehow like the pioneer DVC type,are they worth or is something else better?

Thanks man........
Old 29th October 2008, 19:22   #8863

Advise required on ICE in GETZ

Hey Guys....

I saw this forum and found it very interesting on the indepth explanation given on installing ICE. I have a KEnwood HU, a 5.25 inch Xenos Component Speaker set in the front, JBL Oval speakers in a Tray that was cut out of plywood in the back, a 12 inch Sub and a JBL GTS 602 ( I hope I got that right) Amp installed below the front seat of my GETX GLS 1.3...I find that the bass in my car is very heavy and is drowning the Treble...I get very rich bass....but that drown the sound quality....Also Need advise on other possible locations for the Amp as I already lost an amp earlier in my car due to water seeping into the Amp ( thanks to Hyundai Service) leading to the Amp getting Fried...

I hope the gurus here can help me improve the Sound quality in the front as I get a lot of Bass effect in the back....

Thanks in anticipation
Old 29th October 2008, 20:46   #8864
Senior - BHPian

the brute force approach would be to throw out the xenos comps and get something better. Of course, the other alternative would be to fine tune the HU settings
Old 29th October 2008, 22:05   #8865
BANNED

Beginning of ICE fever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdryeyes View Post

I have a KEnwood HU, a 5.25 inch Xenos Component Speaker set in the front, JBL Oval speakers in a Tray that was cut out of plywood in the back, a 12 inch Sub and a JBL GTS 602 ( I hope I got that right)....

I find that the bass in my car is very heavy and is drowning the Treble...I get very rich bass....but that drown the sound quality....
Quote:

help me improve the Sound quality in the front as I get a lot of Bass effect in the back....
There're 2 reasons I see for your above mentioned problems.
1. Your front components are not that great.
2. Your speakers are powered by HU.

Get better components for the front. I would recommend JBL 608c or GT5 series as you have rear ovals already.
Get a 4channel amp for your speakers. It will sound far better than when it is powered from the HU.
Quote:

Also Need advise on other possible locations for the Amp as I already lost an amp earlier in my car due to water seeping into the Amp ( thanks to Hyundai Service) leading to the Amp getting Fried...
You can fix the amp behind the rear seats. Use an MDF plank to mount the amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post

Which amp should i buy,i mean am interested in the four channel but which make and what wattage?
Any reputed make will do. JBL, Blau, Pioneer, Kenwood etc.. One of the best VFM amps in the market
now is the Kenwood 8401.

Quote:
Should i keep the rear 6x9 or should i upgrade them with something else?
If you have the budget, of course! Else, leave it for now. Later on, you can get coaxials of the same series as your components.

Quote:
The sub idea is more clearer now,i somehow like the pioneer DVC type,are they worth or is something else better?
You can get better subs like Jbl, Bull audio, blau etc..
Pioneer sub you've mentioned ain't that great for musical purposes.

Last edited by speedzak : 29th October 2008 at 22:13. Reason: Check.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks