Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 07:55   #8746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
what a thread guys. its huge. im not good with car audio, so i need a little bit of help. i have a baleno altura, i luv the car btw, but the system is still stock.
there are two things i need t no.
1- which company are the stock speakers ?
2- i plan a change, i need a cd/tape player, both because dad still listens to tapes, and i want a set of new speakers. only 4 speakers. dont need an amp or subwoofer unless necessary. budget is low, maximum 15,000.
im also wondering whether id be able to have large speakers at the rear, due to holders being small. is there anything i can do? please help
(does any1 want to buy an old baleno altura?)
Welcome Aboard Sukrit7,

Less Said about the stock speakers the better, most OE Speakers seem unbranded and are very basic,

For a head unit you can go ahead with any 2 din head unit from JVC,Kenwood which would be in your budget and it will sport a CD/Casstete player , you can also accommodate a good 6 X 9 rear 3 way coaxial in the same buget (without bill and warrenty of course).

Please Go through the Rules and regulations about posting in the announcements threads to avoid getting an infraction. and any query toward sales can be made at the classifieds section in an orderly way.
Old 23rd September 2008, 09:35   #8747
BHPian

thank you for your reply muneem. im not sure if the altura can take 6x9 because of the size of the rear parcel tray. also checked and found that the stock player has a cd changer port. i suppose i can connect an aux in from there as well. how much does this cost ?
Old 23rd September 2008, 11:30   #8748
BHPian

Folks,
Sorry to ask a silly question, somehow not satisfied with the otput of my install, the set up is like this in my scorpio,

HU- JVC AVX 2
AMP- Alpine 4 channel.
Front- 6.5" boston comps.
Rear- Pioneer 6x9"
Sub- dual coil pioneer with separte monobloc amp
Centre speaker with amp- alpine.
LCD 9"- xENOS.

Pls suggest someone in chennai/coimbatore/ trichy who can decently tune up the system.

tnx
Old 24th September 2008, 00:29   #8749
Senior - BHPian

What kind of a sub (& amp) would one need to listen to high bpm music clearly (electro). SQ or SPL ? There should be no missing a beat or blending of continuous fast bass into a single bass note.
Also which subs (brands) would be suitable for electro music in various budgets like 5k (will this even suffice ?) 10k, 15k, 20k etc.
Old 24th September 2008, 07:38   #8750
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure a lot of people will say I'm wrong , but i think a sealed box and a monoblock would be the best idea for that
Old 24th September 2008, 07:54   #8751
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Pls suggest someone in chennai/coimbatore/ trichy who can decently tune up the system.

tnx
In Chennai, you can get in touch with Bala who is very famous for his ICE installs. There're many others too. Contact one of our Chennai Bhpians.
In Coimbatore, go to RM car decors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm sure a lot of people will say I'm wrong , but i think a sealed box and a monoblock would be the best idea for that
Why do you think a lot of people say so? I think you're right!
To get all the different beats from the sub, I think a sealed box is the best option. Nothing will be drowned nor lost if made correctly.
Old 25th September 2008, 01:49   #8752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You can get 5" coax speakers from many brands Blau and JBL CS series come to mind that will fit in the zen door. However with a 3/4 -1" spacer maybe even a 6" coax will fit.
Pardon my ignorance if someone has already answered this question before. I bought a cute little used 2002 model Maruti Zen back in Goa/India. There is no music player in it. Can't remember the specs. Can someone guide on (a) CD player that will fit it? Kenwood/Pioneer/JVC (b) Speaker sizes (c) Will a car take a seperate amp (400W) with woffer fit in? if so any suggestion on size? We bought it as a temp car but already liking it and want to keep it for long. Thanks.
Old 25th September 2008, 07:34   #8753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarshanS View Post
Pardon my ignorance if someone has already answered this question before. I bought a cute little used 2002 model Maruti Zen back in Goa/India. There is no music player in it. Can't remember the specs. Can someone guide on (a) CD player that will fit it? Kenwood/Pioneer/JVC (b) Speaker sizes (c) Will a car take a seperate amp (400W) with woffer fit in? if so any suggestion on size? We bought it as a temp car but already liking it and want to keep it for long. Thanks.

a) All CD player brands quoted above will fit. range is 4000 - 13000rs ( and more)

b)Speaker sizes : an installer/distributor like gunbir,Bass & Trouble,blueraven and ramie is most qualified to answer is
ohh ramie bhai you had a zen na?. 5.25 inch goes in easy but i think you can get a 6incher in too

c) car will take a seperate amp and woofer/amp with built in woofer.
only you will need power cables to connect the amp with you battery and will need RCA cables to conncet your Head Unit (HU) to the amp.
Speaker wire will be needed if you have seperate amp and sub woofer.
10 inch would be sufficent for regular listening but we always suggest 12 inch (that size is more freely avaible , you can choose subs from JBL/Blaupnkt/GZ/
Old 26th September 2008, 11:39   #8754
BHPian

I have a Q which is install related.
I have a JBL tube in my Alto boot. The 6x9s are mounted on the boot door.
The amp is mounted on the back of the rear seat.
The problem is that having the tube makes it very difficult to remove the sparewheel. it entails collapsing the rear seat. pushing the sub on top of that and then removing the Sparewheel.
What i was wondering is that can i cut an MDF sheet to the shape of the boot floor and install it with a small handle that would enable me to lift up the whole thing without pushing the tube etc around. The sub tube would be tied down to this MDF plank.
How does the idea sound ? What thicknes MDF to be used ? Anything i can do to just make the problem of acessing the sparewheel easier?
Old 29th September 2008, 22:58   #8755
BHPian

i have a question.
installers would probably know or a fellow bhpian with an iced i10

now my stock magna i10 comes with stock speaker wires from the HU location to the front doors ( i already know this since i installed components.)

does this model also have stock wiring for the rear doors?

if so then i would not need to purchase new wires becsue i plan to use the rear speakers only as fillers of the HU
Old 30th September 2008, 00:01   #8756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
What i was wondering is that can i cut an MDF sheet to the shape of the boot floor and install it with a small handle that would enable me to lift up the whole thing without pushing the tube etc around. The sub tube would be tied down to this MDF plank.
How does the idea sound ? What thicknes MDF to be used ? Anything i can do to just make the problem of acessing the sparewheel easier?
I'm sure the MDF thing can be done without much hassle. But I'm not sure if the effort and expense will be really worth the gains in terms of ease of access to the spare-wheel.

- We don't need to access the spare wheel that often, right?

- MDF will add quite a bit of weight, and the MDF platform in itself will be quite a heavy thing to lift. Adding the weight of the BassTube to that will make things worse. You'll probably end up doing more huffing and puffing than you do right now.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:20   #8757

New Audio setup for my swift diesel

My first post

My new swift diesel is due delivery tomorrow. I needed some help on the Audio setup. i read the threads here regularly.. especially Sam Kapasi's

This is what i have shortlisted -
Sony MEX BT3600
JBL GTO 937 for rear (parcel tray)
Front (still searching which ones to go with)
All in all, this guy from milan subway is asking for 13.5k.

I read a thread on fake JBL's, how can i assure that i dont buy fakes? and also if there are any specific dealers, please suggest.

I am willing to spend around 14K for my audio setup.

Regards,
Adi.
Old 1st October 2008, 20:28   #8758
Senior - BHPian

question regarding Amp and Sub

Hi, I am going for an upgarde and wanted to ask few questions. To start with my current set up is: HU Pio 6950 powering Sony explode coaxl at the rear, Front Hertz DSK 165 comps and Sub Pio VCCS series 12" in a sealed MDF box powered by Sony 4chl 600W amp brigded with front comps also.
Now i was thinking of having a new Sub with a Mono. Wanted to know how DUB4001 (mono amp) 1*400 watts with Audiobahn Sub AW122N 12" SVC 550 W RMS Cast Basket will sound togther???
Will i need to have a new inclosure for this sub or it can be fitted in the current Sealed box? Is the amp capable enough to power the sub?

All in all, is this combo right?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:03   #8759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
i read the threads here regularly.. especially Sam Kapasi's
in which case you must have spent all your money on flowers and wine for your wife/gf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
Sony MEX BT3600
JBL GTO 937 for rear (parcel tray)
Front (still searching which ones to go with)
All in all, this guy from milan subway is asking for 13.5k..
Compare the Sony HU to a Pio or Blau
If you are getting JBLs in teh rear why not the same brand in the front
The 937 has been replaced by the 938.
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:08   #8760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi, I am going for an upgarde and wanted to ask few questions. To start with my current set up is: HU Pio 6950 powering Sony explode coaxl at the rear, Front Hertz DSK 165 comps and Sub Pio VCCS series 12" in a sealed MDF box powered by Sony 4chl 600W amp brigded with front comps also.
Now i was thinking of having a new Sub with a Mono. Wanted to know how DUB4001 (mono amp) 1*400 watts with Audiobahn Sub AW122N 12" SVC 550 W RMS Cast Basket will sound togther???
Will i need to have a new inclosure for this sub or it can be fitted in the current Sealed box? Is the amp capable enough to power the sub?

All in all, is this combo right?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Nitin I have answered these queries in another thread, am I correct?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks