Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2007, 08:00   #7246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandc View Post
Dear Sam,

I plan to purchase an i10 era in Jan 2008. My Budget is around 15K. I like Instrumentals(Flute, Sax, Veena), AR Rahman songs (Both Melodies and Rock type).

I was thinking of a Pioneer HU and JBL/Blaupunkt speakers.

I assume that I do not need amp and sub woofers right now.
Hello baba,

If I am not totally wrong, the i10 will accomodate 6.5" in the front and rear. Similar to the Getz. In this case you should definitely get a set of components for the front.
A nice set should put you back between 5 to 6K with bill and warranty.
Then you need a pair of coaxial speakers for the rear. This should put you back by another 2.5 to 3K.
A decent Pioneer HU should cost snother 5 to 6K.

All in all you would have spent around 14K. Now you will have around 1000 rupees left.

Go and buy one bottle Sula Brut (I think around 800) and a bunch of roses in mixed colours. A handheld bouquet. About Rs.150/-

I suggest you buy the champagne in the morning and hide it in your fridge, or the neighbours fridge. Then fit your system and that very evening, pick up 2 or 3 nice CDs from home, then ask your special lady to go for a drive. Why? Just, come on.

When she reaches the car and sits inside, give her the bunch of roses (hidden in the back seat). Drive off to a quiet spot and play her favourite song. Unpop champagne (also hidden on back seat) and pour out in 2 glasses (also hidden on back seat)
Sit in quiet comfort and enjoy the song. Since you are driving, do not consume more than 1 glass of champagne.

After this short drive, return home smiling and chatting with bottle of champagne in hand and sit in living room talking while you finish champagne.

After this short and romantic event, regardless of age and number of years in relationship, prepare for a rather active night.

The End.

Team-BHP offers you advice more comprehensive than you can imagine.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:27   #7247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
After this short and romantic event, regardless of age and number of years in relationship, prepare for a rather active night.

The End.

Didn't know Your Yetiship was such an incorrigible romantic, capable of giving blow by blow advice on matters of the heart and the primeval inclinations of man!
Old 15th November 2007, 11:43   #7248
BANNED

nice one Sam but these young guys are quite fast enough to put dark sun control films and ......
Even i was young some times back, still i feels i am young at heart .
Old 15th November 2007, 11:47   #7249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Didn't know Your Yetiship was such an incorrigible romantic, capable of giving blow by blow advice on matters of the heart and the primeval inclinations of man!
Objection, My Lord! Giving innuendos and misleading instructions for the task at hand. Wrong job, I guess!
Old 15th November 2007, 12:21   #7250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sam's back. The Old Sam. Maybe we shoudl revive the Old navin too!
*I can hear Sam screaming nahee *
Old 15th November 2007, 13:54   #7251
BHPian

This is a forum for In-Car Entertainment. Obviously it includes everything Sam said. As long as you find it entertaining and you do it in a car .

Quote:

Go and buy one bottle Sula Brut (I think around 800) and a bunch of roses in mixed colours. A handheld bouquet. About Rs.150/-

I suggest you buy the champagne in the morning and hide it in your fridge, or the neighbours fridge. Then fit your system and that very evening, pick up 2 or 3 nice CDs from home, then ask your special lady to go for a drive. Why? Just, come on.

When she reaches the car and sits inside, give her the bunch of roses (hidden in the back seat). Drive off to a quiet spot and play her favourite song. Unpop champagne (also hidden on back seat) and pour out in 2 glasses (also hidden on back seat)
Sit in quiet comfort and enjoy the song. Since you are driving, do not consume more than 1 glass of champagne.

After this short drive, return home smiling and chatting with bottle of champagne in hand and sit in living room talking while you finish champagne.

The End.

Old 15th November 2007, 14:12   #7252
Distinguished - BHPian

Great Advice Sam, and he even gets to save 50 bucks ( which i believe must be a first on this thread), somebody actually spending less than what they budgeted
Old 15th November 2007, 18:21   #7253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Great Advice Sam, and he even gets to save 50 bucks
Actually thats for the visit to the chemist to get a 3 pack of the scented variety. Sam accounts for everything in the budget, don't worry.
Old 15th November 2007, 18:44   #7254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Actually thats for the visit to the chemist to get a 3 pack of the scented variety. Sam accounts for everything in the budget, don't worry.
, even then its hard to come by people who have stuck to budgets after venturing out here
Old 16th November 2007, 00:54   #7255

Quote:
Hello baba,

If I am not totally wrong, the i10 will accomodate 6.5" in the front and rear. Similar to the Getz. In this case you should definitely get a set of components for the front.
A nice set should put you back between 5 to 6K with bill and warranty.
Then you need a pair of coaxial speakers for the rear. This should put you back by another 2.5 to 3K.
A decent Pioneer HU should cost snother 5 to 6K.

Wow! That is more advice than expected. I really didn't expect to get a reply this fast! Thanks for the advice both the Hardware part and the software part!

I have planned to buy a Pioneer DEH 6950IB. Any suggestions please?

Can you please be more specific on components and co axial speakers (Model No. preferably in JBL or Blaupunkt or Pioneer - We get a limited set of options over here in Erode,TN)

Some one has fitted rear speakers (JBL - oval shaped looks like a GTO937) in 2 separate boxes and let them lie on the boot space instead of using pad. Is it advisable to do so? What is the advantage or disadvantage?
Old 16th November 2007, 15:08   #7256
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
ya i think i can increase, tell me now.....
Sam is going to be a bit busy the next few days so i'l give this a short

for 10K spend 5K on the HU like a Pio 2950 or Blau Mumbai. For 5K you can get either 4 coax speakers for the front and rear or a pair of components for the front and add the rear when the budget permits.

Speakers in the 5K/2 pair range: JBL CS/GT5, Blau GT, Pioneer
Components in the 5K/pr range: Illusion Electra, Hertz Deici, JBL GTO, Blau THc
Old 16th November 2007, 15:50   #7257
BHPian

^ these are all without B&W right?
Old 16th November 2007, 17:57   #7258
Senior - BHPian

GooRoos,

How does one explain the pro's/con's of a 15" sub VS a 12".

Let us hypothetically consider GT5 (15vs12) to illustrate the same. Basically my friend wants to know - "If size matters"
Old 16th November 2007, 19:25   #7259
BHPian

I am just guessing here (and am the farthest thing from a 'guru') but from what I understand a larger sub can produce lower frequencies and more powerful bass. But then the disadvantage is that you have to produce it with more power => more money to spend on the amp.
Old 16th November 2007, 22:34   #7260
BHPian

I guess a larger sub means more air displacement => More powerful bass. Well thats what i think, lets see what the gurus say...

Last edited by adityamunshi : 16th November 2007 at 22:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks