Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2007, 12:54   #7231
BHPian

Why not Illusion itself? Wouldnt they be the easiest choice? In 6x9 ovals, consider Infinity Reference as well. Might be easier to source through JBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
I've bought Illusion EL62 coaxials as front speakers. (Thanks to B&T and moralfibre for their help )
I need the gurus to advise me about the rear speakers that'll match the laid back music of the illusions. I want speakers with a good amount of bass and dont like bright shrill sounding speakers.

Here's a few of the options i have

Ground Zero MK 2 ovals
JBL GTO 937
Alpine S-type
Pioneer
Anything else you guys can suggest

TIA
Old 8th November 2007, 16:48   #7232
BHPian

The guy i bought the coaxials from told me that illusion ovals arent 'good'. He told me to buy the Ground zeros, or the pioneer ovals.

Whats the price of infinity ref ovals ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Why not Illusion itself? Wouldnt they be the easiest choice? In 6x9 ovals, consider Infinity Reference as well. Might be easier to source through JBL.
Old 8th November 2007, 17:51   #7233
Senior - BHPian

I'm facing a problem with FM reception. Post the flood repairs, I reconnected the amps and speakers. Now the recetion is pretty poor. It's scratchy. At times good at times distorted, at times silent. Also, one of the channels is always playing faintly, irrespective of whether I am playing a different channel, or a CD.

Is something loose?

It's a Pio 4950 HU connected to the stock Baleno power antenna. It used to work fine before the water logging. Water did not reach the HU. CD's a now playing fine. But the centre console had been opened quite a few times to repair the climate control.
Old 8th November 2007, 20:13   #7234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'm facing a problem with FM reception. Post the flood repairs, I reconnected the amps and speakers...
Is something loose?..
check the antenna wire for corrosion and/or moisture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
The guy i bought the coaxials from told me that illusion ovals arent 'good'. He told me to buy the Ground zeros, or the pioneer ovals.

Whats the price of infinity ref ovals ?
if you got Illusion electra in the front i would suggest Illusion ovals in the rear. why not listen to them and to hell with what other people tell you. i'm sorry but I get pretty mad at people who listen to advice instead of their ears. other brands i'd consider are Pioneer, JBL, and Blaupunkt. Infintiy is much to expensive for this application and I have not heard Hertz or GZ 6x9s.
Old 10th November 2007, 17:54   #7235

hey navin and sam and all u music gods - i red ur posts where u have given advice according to certain budgets to ppl. however it is an old post and i was wondering that newer stuff must have definietely come out by then
can u guys the experts tell me a good sounding system for my budget of 15000INR
i currently own a new getz prime 1.1
i listem to classic rock like matchbox20,U2,mOBY,LIVE
im not willing to modify my doors of my vehicle

My budget is 15000INR can u help me with the audio shop i should go to in south mumbai( i live close to lamington road)

currently an audio shop is offering me pioneer 5950 base unit, front round 4WAY pioneer speakers and rear oval 6*9 KICKER speakers all with cabling for 15000RS ( sorry i dont know the model no. of the speakers)
please note i dont wanna cross 15000 on 4 speakers and the base unit

Also pls note that later on i would like to install a BASIC AMP and maybe just 1 basic subwoofer to mount on the rear tray.(but thats later when i collect some more MONEY hehe)
keeping this in mind can u suggest me a system for the above mentioned budget

it would be really helpful if u mention the model nos for the 4 speakers
thank you all

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th November 2007 at 20:14. Reason: wud = would. Please type in full words as per TBHP rules. Thanks.
Old 11th November 2007, 01:14   #7236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khuz1979 View Post
hey navin and sam and all u music gods - i red ur posts where u have given advice according to certain budgets to ppl. however it is an old post and i was wondering that newer stuff must have definietely come out by then
i currently own a new getz prime 1.1
im not willing to modify my doors of my vehicle

My budget is 15000INR can u help me with the audio shop i should go to in south mumbai( i live close to lamington road)

currently an audio shop is offering me pioneer 5950 base unit, front round 4WAY pioneer speakers and rear oval 6*9 KICKER speakers all with cabling for 15000RS ( sorry i dont know the model no. of the speakers)
please note i dont wanna cross 15000 on 4 speakers and the base unit

Also pls note that later on i would like to install a BASIC AMP and maybe just 1 basic subwoofer to mount on the rear tray.(but thats later when i collect some more MONEY hehe)
keeping this in mind can u suggest me a system for the above mentioned budget

it would be really helpful if u mention the model nos for the 4 speakers
thank you all
OK, you have a budget already, good.

The starting point should be looking at and listening to a few systems to decide what is OK for you and what is not. There is a wide choice of speakers to fit in your budget - Illusion, Blaupunkt, JBL, Hertz, ... as also HUs - Blaupunkt, Pioneer, Alpine, JVC, even Sony at a pinch. Amp, sub, wo sab pichhu mein awega.

The best for you would be to PM Guru Bass&Trouble, and ask him to help you listen to some installed systems. Don't worry about budget at the moment - there are different ways of meeting it. First get an experience of what is possible - don't take shortcuts.
Old 11th November 2007, 01:37   #7237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My budget is 15000INR can u help me
Hi khuz! You have one helluva specific budget. And, Matchbox 20 isn't even close to Classic Rock - they're into Alternative.
Old 11th November 2007, 02:03   #7238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Hi khuz! You have one helluva specific budget. And, Matchbox 20 isn't even close to Classic Rock - they're into Alternative.
Surprisingly, 15K is a typical budget that is being set of late! That would mean most readers are doing their homework well. Kudos to Navin et al, there is a ready availability of information on costs and variations. It can become a daunting prospect otherwise trying to figure out a budget.

Swami, yaake koodlu charma tegittira - papa, olle-avanu, bittbidi saar!
Old 11th November 2007, 02:10   #7239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Surprisingly, 15K is a typical budget that is being set of late!

Swami, yaake koodlu charma tegittira - papa, olle-avanu, bittbidi saar!
15000INR sounded too specific to me. That is all.
Old 11th November 2007, 13:20   #7240

well raghu
the budget is specific cause thats all the money i got at the moment dude! and i wanna spend all of it
i dont see why having a specific budget is bad though, cause it cuts down so much of the confusion and brings down ur choices to the ones ur most suited to
well raghu which albums of matchbox have u heard??? maybe MTV lycra 2004 knows jacksh*t about alternative to present a rock award to matchbox or maybe we know more than them

nway i have another question
if im running jbl components GTO507c (35rms)in the front and running kicker 6*9 ovals 70rms at the rear and also thinking about runnin 1 subwoofer ( 100rms) later on when ive got some dough
what amp wud i need (or how many amps)
will one 4 channel ( 65rms/ch) amp run ALL of the above ( 4 speakers and a sub)
need to know cause i dont wanna end up buying a seperate amp to run my components for now and then have to upgrade agagin when i go for the kicker ovals and sub
Old 11th November 2007, 14:16   #7241
Senior - BHPian

Khuz - 1 4-ch amp can run either of the following combinations:

1. Front Speakers & Rear Speakers
2. Front Speakers & Subwoofer
3. Rear Speakers & Subwoofer

So, no it cannot run all the three things at the same time. For that you would have to buy a 2-ch or a Mono amp to run the Sub while the 4-ch takes care of the two sets of speakers.

However, given your budget what is recommended is that you buy a decent 4-ch amp and run the Front Components & Subwoofer off it while the rear speakers can be run directly off the HU. But even that is going to be a squeeze in your current budget.

Why don't you purchase the speakers & HU right now & later upgrade (when you have more cash in hand) by adding a Subwoofer & a decent 4-ch amp??
Old 11th November 2007, 18:56   #7242

thanks Raghava
thats what i was thinking too
and yess i know all that cudnt fit in my tiny 15000 budget
CAN u guys tell me
if i should first buy front jbl components 507c + HU + a 4way amp with the 15000rs (my current budget)
and buy the rear speakers and sub later when ive got more money

OR
should i buy the front components 507c + the jbl 937 rear + the HU first and then later buy the 4way amp and SUB later??
Old 12th November 2007, 00:44   #7243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My budget is 15000INR can u help me with the audio shop i should go to in south mumbai( i live close to lamington road)l
audio has not really changed all that much for the past 50 years. there have been some evolutions mostly with respect to material sciences and measuring equipment but the loudpeaker you listen to know pretty much resembles the ones Edgar Vilchur sold 50 years ago.

for 15K you can very easily get a HU that will have 3 preouts (for later expansion - adding amps, subs etc..) and 4 good speakers. I would suggest getting components in the front and installing the tweeters in the A pillars - but that involves a personal choice. are you willing to "modify" the A pillar. The modification is purely cosmetic but it does mean that you would have to sell the tweeters with the car (if and when you sell the car).

since you have no sub the I would advise getting 6x9 in the rear deck. again you have a personal choice. if you replace the fiber deck with a MDF deck the 6x9 will sound a lot better but the hatch door will loose it's ability to lift the rear deck.

there are many places in mumbai that do a good job. there are some pointed to ensure that a good job is done.

1. know what you want, where you want it installed and detail this to your installer - if nesscary in writing. Most installers love to take short cuts but when they come across a knowledgeable customer they also like to impress. work on the installer's pride.
2. trust your ears. not your installers. if he tries to influence you tell you kow what you want and just want his services in getting to your goal.
3. decide on a HU (Pioneer is a good starting point at it is easily available and for it's grey market price it offers very good VFM) and then listen to a few speakers - Der Alte has already listed some prominent brands. Once you decide on the speakers switch to different HUs and hear the difference.
Old 12th November 2007, 13:11   #7244
Senior - BHPian

hello all

i'm planning to replace my front components with blau velocities and was wondering if the gurus have some general tips in mind for the installation. what should i be mindful off etc

current system is blau mp36 hu , gtc542 comps (with no xover) and blau 6x9's in the rear with a gta4 amp

cables used were visonik amp wiring kit with one rca .no idea if its original or not. another rca was some chinese unknown.

Last edited by bottle : 12th November 2007 at 13:14.
Old 12th November 2007, 14:03   #7245

hey Navinbhai and all
thanks
i think i have zeroed in to my speakers
for the front im thinking of JBL compos
607C
or 507c - i know theses are 5.25" but can u guys tell me if these can be installed in a getz that has a 6" speaker provision

for the rear im a little confused
do you think GTO937 on the rear parcel tray is a better idea or shud i go for a 6" round and put it in the rear doors?

Also How much would an MDF tray cost if i go for that

Most importantly i have got the following quote from Firozbhai in Lamington Road
JBL
GTO607C - 6500RS
GTO937 - 5000
GTO 507C - ?

According to previous posts and also a little internet research im finding these prices higher than they should be
Can someone tell me if i can get a better deal somewhere else for these components

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks