Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 18:22   #7126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
20K for 4 speakers and a 4ch. amp.
Speakers: Blau Thc/Thx, JBL GTO, Hertz Dieci, Illusion Lucent
Amps: Pio 6300, JBL 60.4 / 4060, Blau 480.
Dont forget to get good RCA wires.

BTW does the stock HU have 3 RCA outs? if not you will have to consider speaker level to line level adapters and some way to control the level of the Sub (many sub amps come with a level control that can be wired to the dash).
Navin, thanks for your inputs.I will hit the market tomm to try out the above mentioned stuff.

A friend of mine who has a SX4ZXI upgraded his ICE from stock to this config:
Blau amp (GTA 4 special MK II)
Infinity front comps (5inch )
Infinity 6x9 rear speakers.
The installer tried using 1 RCA out + 1 line level adapter. however it dint work out well and they used 2 line level adapters.
He has used pio line level adapters(costing 3.4K for 2) are they good ?
Old 1st October 2007, 20:59   #7127
sakthi350

hi... my budget is 10k... for alto...

Old 1st October 2007, 23:29   #7128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthi350 View Post
hi... my budget is 10k... for alto...
for 4-5K get the Pio 2950 or Blau Mumbai and consider speakers from Blau (GT series) or JBL (CS series).
Old 2nd October 2007, 17:31   #7129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
A friend of mine who has a SX4ZXI upgraded his ICE from stock to this config:
The installer tried using 1 RCA out + 1 line level adapter. however it dint work out well and they used 2 line level adapters.
This job was done yest. at Bharat motors,worli.
my friend knows them quite well.
Anyways coming to the point,dropped into his place to check his car out.was thinking of going in for the same config he put in (even though it meant streching my budget by 5K) heard it..and couldnt have been more dissapointed! there was no bass and lower volumes at all (not till u turn up to vol. to 50% levels) took the car to the installers who adjusted the base a little but hardly made a difference..when i pointed it out the lady(installer) got pissed
Anyways we left from there and i tested the system on the kind of songs i would often play(trance) and at 60% volume there was a horrible disturbance/vibration from front pannels..
So in short am back to square 1 ..given up on installing infinty speakers + Blau amp combo. need to check out something else.Could anyone suggest a showroom where i can check out JBL/illusion/hertz etc?
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:47   #7130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
check to see if the HPF filters on the Blau amp are on and that the speakers are wired in phase.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:00   #7131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
at Bharat motors,worli.my friend knows them quite well.

there was no bass and lower volumes at all (not till u turn up to vol. to 50% levels) took the car to the installers who adjusted the base a little but hardly made a difference..

Anyways we left from there and i tested the system on the kind of songs i would often play(trance) and at 60% volume there was a horrible disturbance/vibration from front pannels..
So in short am back to square 1 ..given up on installing infinty speakers + Blau amp combo. need to check out something else.Could anyone suggest a showroom where i can check out JBL/illusion/hertz etc?
Ok I called Bharat (since I go there too) to get their version. Their version (in short) is this: the 6x9 are in phase (they checked phase) and the HPFs for the 6x9s are off. The HPFs for the front 5" are on. Bharat's contention is that for more bass (trance) you will need a sub.

Why not try taking the system to another dealer and asking them to check out the install. It is a good way to see if the original install is done well.

Damping vibration is discussed on another thread. All cars need damping. You will surpised how much this helps.

JBL is a sister brand of Infinity.

For Illusion PM Bass and Trouble, for Hertz, PM Gunbir.
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:31   #7132
BHPian

Navin,thanks for the inputs.
My friend took it to bharat today(afternoon)
They checked the phase/rca cables etc
Then they changed the amp to a Kenwood 640W amp..(will post up exact model num soon) and voila it sounds just like how my friend wanted it
Will be checking out infinity and other brands soon..
Old 4th October 2007, 12:14   #7133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin,thanks for the inputs.
My friend took it to bharat today(afternoon)
They checked the phase/rca cables etc
Then they changed the amp to a Kenwood 640W amp..(will post up exact model num soon) and voila it sounds just like how my friend wanted it
Will be checking out infinity and other brands soon..
I heard. The amp is a KRC 8401.
Old 4th October 2007, 17:48   #7134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Sam dada would suggest that you avoid Sony, since you mention durable. And he would also suggest that you get a good pair of 6.5" comps for the front (he really likes two-way from the front) and 6.5" 3-way for the rear (oh yeah, you guessed it, Sam says nothing can beat a good 3-way from behind). His description could have been graphic, so I'm trying to keep it simple and clean.
Sam i was thinking about Kenwood will that be durable...
and also what is 6.5" comps and 6.5" 3-way..
sorry to ask you that i am really rookie in this field
Old 4th October 2007, 18:25   #7135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard. The amp is a KRC 8401.
Correction: KAC 8401, a very nice budget amp if I may add...

Quote:
He is over charging for the Pio line level adapters. And they aren't that good. Most amps in this segment will take a speaker level input directly.

Last edited by gunbir : 4th October 2007 at 18:30.
Old 5th October 2007, 09:25   #7136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
He is over charging for the Pio line level adapters. And they aren't that good. Most amps in this segment will take a speaker level input directly.
I have never used the Pio line level adapters but I would theink good line level adpaters should cost about 1K per pair. I have seen some on international websites selling for as little as $20 per pair.
Old 5th October 2007, 18:08   #7137
BHPian

Quote:
I have never used the Pio line level adapters but I would theink good line level adpaters should cost about 1K per pair.
This was 3.4K for a pair.
Anyways,more research done today.
Fronts are going to be illusion electra series comps

Sub would be a groundzero.Will be run off an old Sony monoblock i have..
The catch is that i dont know if the monoblock is in full working condition.If it is not,out goes the SUB,in comes 6x9 ground zeroes. ELSE 6in co-ax (illusion) rears.

Am confused for the 4 channel amp. any suggestions?
Kenwood looks like a good deal to me.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:46   #7138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fronts are going to be illusion electra series comps

Sub would be a groundzero.Will be run off an old Sony monoblock i have..
The catch is that i dont know if the monoblock is in full working condition.If it is not,out goes the SUB,in comes 6x9 ground zeroes. ELSE 6in co-ax (illusion) rears.

Am confused for the 4 channel amp. any suggestions?
Kenwood looks like a good deal to me.
if the mono amp is not working get 6x9 in the rear. 6" coax will leave you seriously bass shy. the kenwood amp seems like the real deal. I did not hear it for long (yesterday) nor did I get the chance to compare it to the Blau GT4 but if I were you I'd choose one of these 2 amps.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:58   #7139
Senior - BHPian

Better sound from Blaupunkt in a Tata Safari

Hi!

I'm considering a Tata Safari, and found that the sound quality from the OE fitted speakers and system ( blaupunkt ) sounded very 'Tinny' - no bass, and the vocals did not sound natural.

Is this due to bad speakers or the placement/fitment of speakers ?

Is this something easily rectified - speaker box, sound deadening paint or will it need replacement of the head unit / speakers.

If i want to fit a DVD entertainment system with seat mounted displays, any suggestions what will suit a safari without making the warranty void ?

Any recommended dealers in Bangalore ?

thanks
Srinivas
Old 9th October 2007, 21:16   #7140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Hi!

I'm considering a Tata Safari, and found that the sound quality from the OE fitted speakers and system ( blaupunkt ) sounded very 'Tinny' - no bass, and the vocals did not sound natural.

Is this due to bad speakers or the placement/fitment of speakers ?

Is this something easily rectified - speaker box, sound deadening paint or will it need replacement of the head unit / speakers.

If i want to fit a DVD entertainment system with seat mounted displays, any suggestions what will suit a safari without making the warranty void ?

Any recommended dealers in Bangalore ?

thanks
Srinivas
Did you listen to the system in the Concorde Motors red EX demo vehicle? That is the older lot with the bass blocker in series with the mid-bass in front.

EX comes with component speakers in front, coax on rear doors. Also, quite likely someone might have kept treble way high to show the chilla-chilla the system can produce - some like it that way.

It much better in the new ones without the bass blocker - check with anyone who has bought a Safari EX (LX comes without anything, VX has the DVD system and is different) after June this year.

Incidentally, only the HU is Blaupunkt, the speakers are not. And @B&T-bhai is not saying who makes them.

Check again with the dealer - maybe he can give a demo in a vehicle readied for delivery. Would be really great if the owner has had the system replaced before delivery - many do that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks