Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 15:31   #16
BANNED

Very intresting. i am glued to this thread. Hope to see updates soon.
Old 26th October 2009, 15:40   #17
BHPian

I've not yet taken out the PCB from old HU, will try to check it if I am free tonight.
I found the PCB track (in diagram) which is used for FM audio signals, but haven't tried it practically yet.

other Audio which is going from CD to amplification is 4 channel, but this small device is only 2 ch. output, any suggestions ??

lastly if i fail I've a friend who can get me some professional help for a small fee.

I'll certainly like to Hook and try this in car, however I don't mind buying a new HU, cause this unit would not give me few options which should be must for a HU like forward/seek. jump directly to track at particular track number.
but you cannot expect more on Rs.200/- jugaar USB .

EDIT: my blackberry 8330 curve doesn't have a macro mode. Taking a pic from more distance would not give clear and big view.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:31   #18
BHPian

Am very interested in this. Please keep updating this thread..

Meanwhile, it may be worthwhile to see if an FM transmitter can be used instead of messing with the electronics ... just a thought..
Old 26th October 2009, 22:39   #19
Team-BHP Support

Yaar, for around 248 bucks you get those FM transmitter modules that have all the features you are talking about (seek, jump yada yada), can play from a SD Card or USB flash drive and transmit over the FM frequency to your car HU. Why not use that as a more elegant solution? Of course, from a DIY POV if you are doing it for the kicks that is another matter.
Old 27th October 2009, 01:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
from a DIY POV if you are doing it for the kicks that is another matter.
Yes its only my D.I.Y. Insect making me do all this.
I'll be deciding a new HU soon.
Old 27th October 2009, 05:44   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Yaar, for around 248 bucks you get those FM transmitter modules that have all the features you are talking about (seek, jump yada yada), can play from a SD Card or USB flash drive and transmit over the FM frequency to your car HU. Why not use that as a more elegant solution? Of course, from a DIY POV if you are doing it for the kicks that is another matter.
Can you elaborate on this?
I have a HU with AUX in but no USB - if there is a 250 Rs way to get USB support, I would be interested.
Old 27th October 2009, 08:04   #22
BHPian

there are two ways to get USB support
1). use the FM modulator which reads your usd/SD card and transmit the songs to a FM station which your head unit would play.

2). the D.I.Y. way which i mentioned from 1st post in this thread, this might not be as powerful or easy to do if you are not much experienced with soldering and other D.I.Y. stuff.
Old 27th October 2009, 09:10   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
1). use the FM modulator which reads your usd/SD card and transmit the songs to a FM station which your head unit would play.
How do you do this? What do I need to buy & what do I need to do with it?
Old 27th October 2009, 09:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of FM modulators available in the market with different price ranges, but bottom line is you can get one easily for 250-300 Rs

Go to a car accessory shop, and tell them i need a FM modulator. This unit plugs into the lighter slot and you can plug the system directly to it if you have a Aux port on the system, else tune your car stereo to the frequency this modulator transmits its signal at.
These are mostly chinese items so you can expect one dying even before you reach home, but worth taking a risk. I decided to check these on my car stereo before buying and these were blowing fuses, so decided against buying them.

Pramod
Old 27th October 2009, 11:27   #25
BHPian

If you do buy a FM modulator - avoid the chinese ones. They work, but not good. I had one which worked well on different frequencies in the morning and evening -due to temperature changes.

I then got one from RadioShack in the US, Accurian brand - that is resonably good. Still not like a CD player though.

So - as said before, avoid the chinese ones if you want quality.
Old 27th October 2009, 11:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

You will never be satisfied with the FM modulators. You will end up not using it.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
You will never be satisfied with the FM modulators. You will end up not using it.
yup. I agree. well, I too have an old sony player, so, @ghpk if you get to know the points where to input the other signals, do let me know. I am willing to open up the box and play around soldering new inputs.

The one thing i need though is that the sound is as good as a CD player. Keenly watching this thread....
Old 27th October 2009, 21:27   #28
BHPian

Deep_bang, I am not satisfied even a bit with sound quality,
I am right now having it connected to my Home system, its a 1000w system and even at high volume High notes are much missing and so is the Bass.

I usually use this system with my computer, and same songs (320kbps) when played off computer is great, but this USB unit is not for quality listening i am sure.

Haven't found time to operate the sony HU, but will certainly do some ungli before i throw or donate it to someone who has been asking for it for few months now.
Old 27th October 2009, 22:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

great ones. did it come with a cover? i saw a similar ones. but its not a kit. its a complete built one with FM and USB port fitted in a tourist tavera. the driver said he bought it from roadside in mumbai near VT. costed 250 rs.
Old 28th October 2009, 09:51   #30
BHPian

mine was just pcb and other components. no covers or body.

yes its getting popular with tempo and bus/truck drivers now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks