Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:57   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
great ones. did it come with a cover? i saw a similar ones. but its not a kit. its a complete built one with FM and USB port fitted in a tourist tavera. the driver said he bought it from roadside in mumbai near VT. costed 250 rs.
It looked interesting stuff while one guy was asking for help to power these PCBs. He told its sold in Pune also (in kit format). I took his email Id on the paper bill which I kelp in pocket. Unfortunately my wife washed that pant in WM and my plans too washed away.

Now somebody please provide source for this. I would like to upgrade my HU again with some more R&D on sound Q.
Old 29th October 2009, 03:43   #32
BHPian

look in local electronics market, I am sure shops which sell those desi sound systems have this.
Local electronics parts shop can be located using justdial

the FM kit should be Rs.150-175 excluding the IR module lens.
Old 29th October 2009, 08:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice DIY. I know this is for the kicks but stuff is available in the market for those who don't know. Glued to this thread for more ideas and attempts.
Old 29th October 2009, 10:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

This is another option.
It has a usb reader and a sd/mmc reader, with the controls on the faceplate.
Also comes with a remote.
Costs Rs 250/-.
It has be connected through a car mobile charger and the output to an AUX in connection.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY - Now Add USB Support to your Old Head Unit/Amplifier-29102009868.jpg  

DIY - Now Add USB Support to your Old Head Unit/Amplifier-29102009871.jpg  

DIY - Now Add USB Support to your Old Head Unit/Amplifier-29102009872.jpg  

Old 29th October 2009, 10:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
This is another option.
Costs Rs 250/-.
It has be connected through a car mobile charger and the output to an AUX in connection.
Post some more details on the same. It will be helpful for those who need USB and who dont want to go the DIY way.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
This is another option.
Costs Rs 250/-.
yes this is exactly what i saw fitted in the tourist tavera. its connected to the aux in on the head unit. works very well. its a very low cost solution.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Post some more details on the same. It will be helpful for those who need USB and who dont want to go the DIY way.
Can we procure it from ebay or any other website
Old 29th October 2009, 19:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yes this is exactly what i saw fitted in the tourist tavera. its connected to the aux in on the head unit. works very well. its a very low cost solution.
my original idea was for HU which do not have a AUX input option.
there are other products and possibilities for HU which have a AUX input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Can we procure it from ebay or any other website
Haven't seen it on ebay India yet, should i ask my provider to start selling it on ebay ?
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:09   #39
BHPian

It would be a good idea to sell this for non-usb head units. May be a cheap solution but works for most of us. Please do post more details and I would be interested to buy one.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:20   #40
BHPian

Hey ghpk,

I've got the Schematics for your player, If you are still considering this project and if you have not blown up your HU. I can try to dig into it and find the pins.
let me know, else I can send you the Schematics
Old 16th November 2009, 14:34   #41
BHPian

Thanks abhay ji, is the one which has multi page PDF, I have that one, but haven't tried due to a few reasons.
Old 17th November 2009, 01:38   #42
BHPian

It has 4 Pages , I didn't uploaded it initially because I thought you had scrapped the project.
Here it is (I am not able to attach the file its 1 MB) PM me your mail iD I'll send it to you.
Look in Page 3 at IC401. It is an Audio Processor and is controlled over a I2C bus. I tried to search with BD3808FS-FE2 but could not find any relevant result. I think it should be BD3805F or similar. There are multiple inputs to this chip but only 2 are used 1 is Radio and other seems to be a differential input (from CD).

To use other input on the Audio processor chip does not seem to possible as the Channel is selected by software. You can use the same channel as Radio which in this case is B1 and B2. I personally cannot sacrifice the Radio so what we can do is put a Switch in between and let it select the channel.

The amp is a TDA8588AJ.
Old 17th November 2009, 03:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Probably the software already caters to the 3rd input - quite likely as AUX-IN. May not be explicitly written in the HU manual, but if one extrapolates the commands from another HU of the same family (usually they share the firmware) one can decode how to get the controller to switch to the 3rd input.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:46   #44
BHPian

Pretty sure that folks must have heard the story about how NASA folks spent millions perfecting the ink pen which can write in space. The russians on the contrary, simply used a pencil in space!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How do you do this? What do I need to buy & what do I need to do with it?
@carboy, you have an AUX port. Just use any player of your liking like Ipod, mp3 player on phone or anything. Get a sterio audio cable which has got a 3.5 mm jack on both sides of the wire, stick one end to the player, another to the HU, switch the mode on the HU to AUX and you are good to go! The wire costs around 15 rupees at the nearest electrical shop not in Croma kind of shops. MX is a great brand for cables.
Old 21st November 2009, 21:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How do you do this? What do I need to buy & what do I need to do with it?
I saw this module in Pune Electronics Lane, Budhwar Peth. One shop Govind electronics was having it for 190 Rs to be inserted to 12V cigarate plug in car, has remote control, and transmitts to FM. Take USB, SD card as input with FM radio inbuilt. No DIY just use it. Without FM it has option of output wire connection for aux in of HU,

Last edited by omishra : 21st November 2009 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks