Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 16:47   #76
BHPian

Re: DIY - Now Add USB Support to your Old Head Unit/Amplifier

Hi ghpk,

This seems to be a neat project! Although I may be posting into an old thread it simply makes sense for me at the moment.

My Octavia ICE is limited to the stock car radio and cassette player and I have a CD Changer port (M-Bus) to which I have attached a 3.5-mm jack though the arrangement is unfortunately in the BOOT of the car.

I think I will attempt a similar project and let you know the outcome of this on this thread itself. This will enable me to load everything into a USB drive and forget about it.

Thank you for posting all the details!
Old 6th June 2012, 23:50   #77
BHPian

Re: DIY - Now Add USB Support to your Old Head Unit/Amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketantendulkar View Post
Hi ghpk,

This seems to be a neat project! Although I may be posting into an old thread it simply makes sense for me at the moment.

My Octavia ICE is limited to the stock car radio and cassette player and I have a CD Changer port (M-Bus) to which I have attached a 3.5-mm jack though the arrangement is unfortunately in the BOOT of the car.

I think I will attempt a similar project and let you know the outcome of this on this thread itself. This will enable me to load everything into a USB drive and forget about it.

Thank you for posting all the details!
I dropped this D.I.Y. long ago, I used USB FM modulator to solve my USB thirst and then upgraded my HU to a JVC headunit which accepts USB as a charm.

In home audio system I do have the same problem as others here having, they were purchased when USB was a very very rare/premium or not introduced, and I do not plan to upgrade them soon, as ears are used to it and they have mostly used as Amplifier for other devices connect to it via AUX. Input.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks