Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I thought the 1200T is a tube?

Sure, ofcourse it's a tube.
Old 26th September 2005, 19:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Whoa ! 10" speakers in the front....Is that a mistake?
yes it is a mistake
its 10 cm

one more thing - guys where can i get JBL in pune ???
Old 27th September 2005, 12:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

another audio setup in a corsa

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1794
Old 6th October 2005, 20:10   #19
BHPian

almost final.....

ok gurus, guys and pals - this is what i have planned to put into my corsa :

1. HU - Sony 5510 -- Rs. 6000 ( without B/W)
2. Rear spk - JBL GTO 936e - Rs. 4750 ( price was quoted in JBL brochure )
3. Front spk - not buying new ones now- company has given 2 tiny speakers at rear - will put them at front

total ----- Rs. 10750 + whatever the fitting charges.

( I had thought of putting some other HU as i already have 5510 in my zen - and it has given me lotta trouble since now... but from a lot of people i have heard that their 5510 is working fine - seems like my piece had something gone wrong with it.)

No high quality cables as of now - company provides the wiring and i guess it is neat.

Suggestions welcome.
Well as i have it under 10k , my dad's happy

BTW does anyone know which speakers are provided at rear, by GM in Corsa ??? ( i asked this to the showroom guy and he said he has no idea and i hope/ pray that its blaupunkt - not some bu****** stuff )

Last edited by hkanitkar : 6th October 2005 at 20:24.
Old 6th October 2005, 20:19   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar
BTW does anyone know which speakers are provided at rear, by GM in Corsa ??? ( i asked this to the showroom guy and he said he has no idea )
Even I am not sure but guess it must be Blaupunkt.
Old 6th October 2005, 23:28   #21
BHPian

checked in the car - the speakers do not have any sticker/ identification on them.
Old 7th October 2005, 00:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
checked in the car - the speakers do not have any sticker/ identification on them.
where did you check for the identification.your talking about rear speakers right ?? or the ones in front ?

Rev
Old 7th October 2005, 09:06   #23
Team-BHP Support

GM provides some poor speakers for their car most manufacturers do. The 936 will drown out anything they give in the front however since you are not powered the 936 with an external amp this effect will be limited. I would suggest upgrading the front speakers and using the front speakers for the rear (if it fits).

this might give less bass but will bring the stereo image to the front.
Old 7th October 2005, 23:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
where did you check for the identification.your talking about rear speakers right ?? or the ones in front ?Rev
GM has given only the rear speakers. i checked for the stickering - it should be present at the bottom - right ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I would suggest upgrading the front speakers and using the front speakers for the rear (if it fits).
i dont get you
Actually there seems to be very less space fo the speakers at the front as they fit into the side moulding on door....
can you suggest some good ROUND speakers for rear ( if at all i need to put round ones instead of 936s )

BTW i am facing one more problem - the rear tray has vary small hole for the speakers and i am not willing to cut a bigger one to accomodate bigger speakers - is there any solution to fit bigger ones w/o cutting ?

One more question - as i have mentioned earlier - wiring is provided by the company - is it decent enough or i should change it ??

Last edited by hkanitkar : 7th October 2005 at 23:10.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

ok,

make a budget. define your requirements (loud rap, soft easy listening, etc..).

1. the front speakers should be upgraded to 5" components or the best coax you can afford. that is where you sit. This will cost 4K+.

2. for the rear speakers you have 2 options.
(a) Getting a pair of 6x9 (some here suggest the JBL 936 but I would also look at the Alpine 690A and the Infinity Kappa 6x9 - the one with the EMIT tweeter) and install a MDF deck. The MDF deck will be too heavy to be lifted by the hatch (if you have a Corsa Sail). GOod 6x9 start at about 4K.
(b) use the existing 4" locations and either use the speakers GM provides there, or get nicer coax speakers if you have the budget. Now with option (b) your bass will be limited so you would need to add a subwoofer and an amp to drive it. a subwoofer, amp and box will start at about 8K. Before you do this make sure the HU has atleast one preamp (RCA) out.

4K for the front and 8K for the sub, amp and box will total 12.5K+.
4K for the front and 4k 6x9 for the rear will cost you 9K+.

As far as speaker brands go please use your ears. see a post i started (shameless plug) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7768

Last edited by navin : 8th October 2005 at 10:33.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:53   #26
BHPian

hey navin - thanks for the info
i have the sedan version of corsa

my budget : 15000 bucks
i listen to lot of hiphop and r'nb along with the usual hindi numbers

can you suggest something which wont need a SUB to be put in as sub is a big no no - i have been warned by dad
i have almost finalised on HU - Sony 5510 - costing about 6k so i have 9k left for the speakers.

one more possibility is that i can put in these speakers from my zen to corsa -- they are kenwood 6989ie i guess

i am happy with the sound - so please suggest something at front to go with these.
one more question - i am told by the fitter that if i put an Amp with these speakers - it will sound better -- is it so ??

for too many questions
Old 8th October 2005, 11:36   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have almost finalised on HU - Sony 5510 - costing about 6k so i have 9k left for the speakers.

one more possibility is that i can put in these speakers from my zen to corsa -- they are kenwood 6989ie...i am happy with the sound - so please suggest something at front to go with these.
one more question - i am told by the fitter that if i put an Amp with these speakers - it will sound better -- is it so ??
ok with 9K what you can do is spend 4K on front compoents. The JBL 5" components might be your best bet given the price and musical choice.

That will leave you 4-5K for an amp. The Sony 504 can drive 4 channels is available for about 4.5K in the greay market. It is not a great amp but for the price it is decent 4 channel amp.

you can use the Kenwoods and spend the money on the 504 amp. The rear tray would have to be made of MDF and well sealed. I am not a big fan of "4-5 way" speaker but since your budget is limited and these are available free (from your zen) why not.
Old 8th October 2005, 18:01   #28
BHPian

hey navin - thanks a tonne
that sounds like a decent setup for money i am getting to spend.
BTW what are exactly these 4 way or 5 way speakers ??

Also my question in the post#26 remains unanswered - what difference does it make when an AMP is put in ? I am totally alien to any gyan on audios
Old 8th October 2005, 21:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
first to answer your question about the amplifier.it will definitly make a difference.your music will sound a lot better and putting it in big words fuller and tighter.the bass will be better and you will be able to listen to it at louder volumes.so there will definitly be a considerable difference in sound.

the 3,4,5 way is all a gimmick.so people see 5 way and go like wow they are better speakers but honestly in a vehicle it doesnt really make a difference and a good companys 3 way speakers sound a lot better than a descent companys 5 way.

if you want more details here it is

2-way has the mid and one centrally mounted tweeter on the center pole

3-way has the midrange with a tweeter and adjascent super-tweeter mounted next to it on the center pole.

4-way and 5 way is a definite case of "more is better" and nobody but Pioneer, make 4-way and 5-way speakers anymore.please correct me if im wrong. all they do is pack more tiny useless tweeters onto the top of the center pole to look flashy and impressive.so people feel its 5 way and has to be better.mostly there is no gain and as mentioned before a better companys 3 way is way better.hope that cleared your doubt and didnt confuse you more.

rev

Last edited by revtech : 8th October 2005 at 21:42.
Old 8th October 2005, 21:59   #30
BHPian

Hkanitkar,
You shud get you setup done from Bafna Car diagonally opposite Parichay Hotel. It is next to the old Vaman Hari Pethe Store. He does decent setups and with good quality work. You will get lots of brands at his place.
Cheers
EVO6

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks