Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 14:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Yess you can cut the boot mats along the box and its done,by putting it under the boxes will make it difficult to remove the spare wheel,ohh you mean the box is not sealed from the sides??? Then why not make a Dicky Tray and mount it there???
Actually the box is having 3 sides then top and bottom , one side of the box is the card body. As per the body curve the box is designed. so there is a milli meter differences in the curves. But the effect is good.

I tried dicky plank, but it started creating noises on rough roads. Now the only option i am yet to try is the pad on the dicky door.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

I recently got the GTO608C for my Safari. I was happy with it but it was (is) too bright for my taste ( not for all type of music). I then added a 4 channel amp to the setup and of course they played more loud and shrill and bad.

What went wrong? Bad tuning. It took me an hour plus to tune it to my taste. It now plays loud and tight even if I pump up volume.

Point is; get it installed right, get it damped if you can and get it tuned. And my taste isn't your taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
JBL 608c is a good VFM component set.
After checking the feasibility of installing 6.5" inch comps, I'd suggest you audition a few setups in Bangalore as each speaker has a distinct signature sound. I am sure many Bangalore t-bhpians will be glad to give you an audition.

Some other brands that you can consider in 5-8k price range are Bull Audio/Illusion Audio Electra/Hertz.
Can anyone tell me why there was a big jump is Bull audio price? Also, how good Auditor's are?
Old 4th May 2010, 14:59   #33
BHPian

I have seen a lot of threads related to setting up the rear speakers in wagonR. how is the fitting the sepakers on the rear door pad? will it make a lot of noise on rough roads?
Old 4th May 2010, 16:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I have seen a lot of threads related to setting up the rear speakers in wagonR. how is the fitting the sepakers on the rear door pad? will it make a lot of noise on rough roads?
Have done similar for my Alto; saves space.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-speakers.html
Old 4th May 2010, 18:20   #35
BHPian

Thanks Jkdas, I have raised a query there.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:15   #36
BHPian

Guys !! As from you all I came to know that the custom made mdf boxes are good enough for a real xperience and I am sticking on to the same setup. I will cut the carpets accordingly.

Any new advices?
Old 13th May 2010, 10:58   #37
BHPian

Guys, I have got the carpets cut professionally and it looks beautiful now. I have replaced the board which is sepreating the boot from the spare wheel. My boot looks great now.. I am happy now with the boot as well as with the sound...
Old 27th May 2010, 20:51   #38
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to start stage 2 upgrade on my wagonR.

I am looking for the following;

6.5" Components for the front (Planning to fit on doors)
4 Channel Amplifier
A good quality Sub woofer
A good wiring with RCA's

Budget around 25k altogether.

Current setup is

Hu- Pioneer 4050
Front- JBL 4" Coxials
Rear- JBL GTO 948 limited edition in custom made boxes fitted permanently in the boot.
Wiring- Custom wires having good gauge.

Taste: I mostly listens to clear Hollywood songs with tight beats(like songs by Pritham), Regional Indian songs and sometimes Hip Hops, Trance and English songs.

Please post in your comments.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:38   #39
BHPian

Setup1
-----------

Focal Solid 4 ( 4 Ch Amp)
Hifonics 6.5" Components on front door
ID GTX12 Sub woofer
8Ga Wires

How this will be?
Old 7th June 2010, 11:31   #40
BHPian

Guys how is alpine MRF 550 (1.2years used, 7k) and DLS A8 (1.5 years used,7k)? which will be a better one?
Old 8th June 2010, 00:43   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
4" components from Kicker are coming into Bangalore in a week or so.
They are definitely a lot better option compared to any entry level 4" coax.
And they are now installed in my chevy spark

Link
Old 8th June 2010, 08:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
And they are now installed in my chevy spark

Link

Hey thats a great install there.. plan for next phase .. i am already in for that.. looking for two options there.

1. Buy new stuffs, which cost less and will come in my budget
2. Buy used high end stuffs, this can bring in to my budget, since its used, but its not new :(

By the way, how do you feel about kickers? Bright? warm? how is that?
Old 8th June 2010, 19:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thats a great install there.. plan for next phase
Thanks buddy. Next phase to be started when i have the money, probably next month.

Quote:
1. Buy new stuffs, which cost less and will come in my budget
2. Buy used high end stuffs, this can bring in to my budget, since its used, but its not new :(
Its upto you. If you get a good deal on used stuff from trusted source, go for it.
Else, plan your install in a phased manner / monthly manner maybe (depending on your source of income)

Quote:
By the way, how do you feel about kickers? Bright? warm? how is that?
The kickers are really really good. I need a better HU than the stock one. Satya confirmed this so the next in line would be a better HU

For 4" that would be the best buy. JBL / Boston would cost you below 2k

Meetup if you want to listen to it. (FYI - i am only running on stock HU + Front 4" kickers - so dont expect earth shattering / freaking awsome sound. If you can notice the lows, mids & highs properly, you would know that a good HU will only enhance the SQ)

Cheers

Last edited by quadra : 8th June 2010 at 19:41.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:41   #44
BHPian

@ Quadra, the way you do things.. i like.. phase by phase. I was soo doubtful whether I need to go for 4" components or 6.5". The worry was the bigger one needs a lot of stock door pad alterations.

If I got a chance to listen to your Kickers components, I can decide. Even if I am not a kicker lover, but i will get only limited 4" ones.

Do you really need an amp to enjoy the 4" components?
Old 9th June 2010, 14:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
@ Quadra, the way you do things.. i like.. phase by phase.
Thanks

Quote:
I was soo doubtful whether I need to go for 4" components or 6.5". The worry was the bigger one needs a lot of stock door pad alterations.
I think it depends on your budget and whether you are ok to play with the door side panels. With the limited knowledge that i have (gained from this forum), 6.5" would sound way better (on door panels) than 4" at the stock location. I would recommend EVO for both these installs as you would get a clean install which is very important when messing with door panels specially.

Quote:
If I got a chance to listen to your Kickers components, I can decide. Even if I am not a kicker lover, but i will get only limited 4" ones.
Sure, lets meet up. For your queries to be answered + the kicker demo, the best place i think would be at EVO's

Quote:
Do you really need an amp to enjoy the 4" components?
I am assuming you are talking about my setup (Kicker 4" fronts + stock HU) - i am really not sure whether adding an amp (with stock HU) would effect the SQ. I will leave it for Satya to answer. He knows my setup (hope so) so maybe he can recommend.

I suggest lets meet at EVO. I need to get the headlight bulbs replaced soon as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks