Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 12:41   #1
BHPian

WagonR Re-ICE'd at EVO..

Hi Team,

At last I had a visit to EVO- pit shop of Satya (Blueraven), Bangalore last month. I had spent the entire day with him for re-doing my ICE setup. My detailed experience is as follows;

11:30am, I am at EVO, we both met in front of the store and he opened to store for the day. He tested my ICE setup and found the right rear speakers (GTO 937) is damaged, suggested me to replace the speaker.

11:45am, we decided to have the rear speakers on different long wooden custom made boxes made of MDF and Blueraven sent me to an another guy, who does this kind of wooden custom boxes for him.

12:00pm, I am at Ravi's place to built custom boxes for my rear speakers. He took me to his workshop where I parked my car inside a Gate. Ravi and his two assistants started taking measurements and started building the boxes.

4:00pm, at last our custom boxes are nearly ready, I can take it back to Blue’s shop for fitment.

4:30pm, I reached Evo and found one of the box have a small issue in its dimensions. Here comes the support from Blueraven, He called Ravi and asked him to come over here and check and redo what required. Within 30 min Ravi came and took the box back to his workshop

4:45 pm, Blue’s assistants started checking and replacing the current ICE wiring in parallel.

5:30pm, the ordered GTO 948 (limited edition) reached shop and by now all the wirings has replaced with good quality wires.

5:45pm, after a lot of calls from Blue, at last Ravi bought the speaker box back to Evo.

5:50pm, Blue’s assistants starting fitting the rear box and when it was almost complete, Blue did a visit and found some finishing problems in the box and requested his assistants to clear it properly.

6:00Pm, At last my ICE work is completed; It’s the time for Blue to tune in the HU. He entered the car and did a lot of settings change on the HU. He was confirming its accuracy and effect by sitting both in the front and in the rear speakers. He found some issue with the polarity and asked his assistant to re-connect the wires at the back of HU.

6:30pm, My ICE work is totally completed and I started hearing good music from my simple ICE setup.
I had a real good experience through out the day with Blue and had found a lot of car enthusiasts visiting his place. I found all of us got the real freedom in the store with some good technical advices.

Blue is good in his piece of work and has a good wrap with his assistants. We should tell him clearly what we need and we should not restrict him with low budgets, if possible.
Attached Thumbnails
WagonR Re-ICE'd at EVO..-1.jpg  

WagonR Re-ICE'd at EVO..-3.jpg  

WagonR Re-ICE'd at EVO..-4.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by bblost : 8th April 2010 at 14:10. Reason: Font Tags removed
Old 9th April 2010, 11:16   #2
BHPian

congo, post some more pics and the expenses bro.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

thelightening congratulations and a few of us here have been his customers for a few years now. I don't know if you missed this thread, check the space saver install done by neeliraven316 on a WagonR.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:59   #4
BHPian

Great going dude !
Could you post the splitup for the cost?
Old 9th April 2010, 15:34   #5
BHPian

@rjstyles69, I visited this space saver installation forum already, blueraven too mentioned, But I dont want to close those side glasses. Thats why went for these kinda setup.

I was interested in replacing the current 4" front coaxials with 4" illusion components. But found it difficult to get the 4" illusions.

the splitup is like this;
Custom made mdf box- 950/pair
JBL GTO 948 with B/W- 4800/pair
Re-wiring and installation - 300

Exchanged old GTO 937 for 750/pair

Will I feel any kind of difference if upgraded the front speakers to 4" illisions? if where I can get the illusions in Bangalore?
Old 9th April 2010, 15:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Great going dude !
Could you post the splitup for the cost?
congrats!
yes please do post a splitup of the cost.
could you tell me where this shop comes? Im interested in a low cost setup for my old car.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro .
I guess you remember me ,i was also there the day you got your ice setup re-done @ EVO.
I came for my rtiz which i visible in the 2nd pic.

Cheers
Old 9th April 2010, 22:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
congrats!
yes please do post a splitup of the cost.
could you tell me where this shop comes? Im interested in a low cost setup for my old car.
The shop is in Cambridge layout. It is in the lane parallel to the Sai Baba Temple in Cambridge layout.

EDIT: Upon seeing the 2nd pic again, i notice that the white beat is of my friend whom I had brought to Satya for a basic ICE set up!!

Last edited by abhinav.s : 9th April 2010 at 22:26.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:29   #9
BHPian

Hey Schoudhury, how to forget u? Absolutely yes.. the ritz in the second pic.... how is the ICE going on?

Yes Captain_Slow, Its very near to Indira nagar, Bangalore. Please ping me if you need blueraven's contact number.
Old 10th April 2010, 00:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I was interested in replacing the current 4" front coaxials with 4" illusion components. But found it difficult to get the 4" illusions.
Just curious - Why was it difficult to get the 4" Illusions?
Old 10th April 2010, 14:21   #11
BHPian

I am not sure, But Sathya told me its difficult to get 4" illusions and its warranty is also a problem. Any idea guys from where I can procure 4" illusion components?
Old 12th April 2010, 11:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I am not sure, But Sathya told me its difficult to get 4" illusions and its warranty is also a problem. Any idea guys from where I can procure 4" illusion components?
You will have to procure it from Hermit Audio in Mumbai, Illusion as far as I know does not have a active branch or distributor in Bangalore.
It's probably the only good sounding option for a 4" Component speaker available in India today.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:33   #13
BHPian

Hey Blueraven, Can you please advice me whether we can go ahead with 6.5 inch component setup on the front doors or we can think of replacing the current 4" front coaxials with 4" inch illusions procured from Hermit Audio?

Can you suggest me the benefits we can expect from both setups independently and their price factor ?

By the way Guys,
I need some suggestions regarding finishing the rear boot floor Mat. If you see the last pic of my setup, the floor mats are not proper now. I need valuable suggestions to modify the rear stock cloth floor mats and the rubber mats in such a way that it should lie on the floor properly covering each curve and corners. Suggestions pls..
Old 12th April 2010, 16:17   #14
BHPian

i like the way the rear boot space is still utilized , even after the 6X9 speakers are put in boxes. congrats

Last edited by amangujral06 : 12th April 2010 at 16:24.
Old 12th April 2010, 18:28   #15
BHPian

Thanks, I was soo concerned about the boot space. Thats the reason why opted for this solution.

Most Viewed