Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 00:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I’m seeing this ICE install as a one-time purchase that can, hopefully, be carried forward to the next car.
Are you really sure that you will carry this ICE setup to another car. Guess that after 4-5 years, your next car will/should adorn different set of components.

small request: can you please remove that perfume bottle from blower. Doesn't look to be to your taste/choice, must have been added by somebody else.
Old 9th April 2010, 00:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful, just beautiful. I must say B&T's tweeter work is reaching art levels now! Can we have a pic of the tweeters from a lil far away? Like from the back seat. My dream is to have an ICE like this in my car some day.

Question for B&T and Navin. How come many of these exotic sounding brands are hardly ever suggested or recommended commonly here? I must confess this is the first time I am ever hearing some of the names. Is it the price?
Old 9th April 2010, 00:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful installation !

Are the new rear speakers of a different size than the stock? Asking since they have been installed with a spacer ring.

Does the HU have a motorised screen. I mean, is the disc slot behind the screen?
Old 9th April 2010, 13:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Audio system is great, but what about the visual effects ?

I was also expecting some dhinchak disco lights to create the proper disco effect.

Rohan
Old 9th April 2010, 13:28   #20
BHPian

That is one sexy install. Congrats GTO! Do you mind telling us the costs invovled?
Old 9th April 2010, 13:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow Congrats GTO on getting the Civic Iced

The install looks great & the tweeter pods look completely stock.

Please change the Sub grills to something which looks better visually.

This looks like another great install from Ajay.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Excellent!! The fit and finish is top class, the choice of components exemplary and I am sure the sound must be brilliant too.
Congrats to Ajay too for a wonderful install.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Amazing! The stock set up retained inside looks really good! Congrats on getting the Civic ICE'd

As others have already pointed out the Sub grills are spoiling the look. Hope something better is waiting down the line for the grills.

And yes, cost break up please!!
Old 9th April 2010, 16:21   #24
BHPian

Brilliant setup GTO and Impeccable workmanship from B&T as usual.

Like everyone has pointed out the grills on the sub do appear tacky but they form a completely functional add-on. A must add-on to prevent damage to the sub from moving luggage esp on highways trips. I too have them on my GZ sub but then who is going to back to look what grills you have on the sub when the sub itself sound so good.

I completely agree with you GTO. Let the grills stay and you enjoy the BASS.
Old 9th April 2010, 17:07   #25
BHPian

GTO i must admit you got some real taste, first the elegant and sexy white civic and now this ice set up - i must say - Lion in sheeps skin !

HU looks amazing, as fi it were made just for the car !
Old 9th April 2010, 17:43   #26
BHPian

Mind blowing GTO, how about a Audio(Video) clip of the ICE ?
A wider shot of the dash also please.
Old 9th April 2010, 18:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
The tweeter pods are the thing I absolutely love in this setup. They look SO stock. I can't believe they could actually be amalgamated so well into the plastic housing near the quarter panel. (or is it part of the fabrication??)
The tweeter pod design has been "lifted" from another Civic install that Gunbir and JB have installed (Sorry guys, and please don't call me Anu Mallik ). I had seen pics on the forum and really liked it. The only difference is that I have had the pods merge with the dash part near the quarter glass, while theirs was mostly standalone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
A bit too bright for my taste, but then I listen to very different music.
Err, GTO's biggest worry was that he should have adequate treble in the car. If I gave him CDTs or Rainbows or something, it would have been impossible to get the desired treble-overload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Question for B&T and Navin. How come many of these exotic sounding brands are hardly ever suggested or recommended commonly here? I must confess this is the first time I am ever hearing some of the names. Is it the price?
Which exotic brands? Peerless (Denmark) and DLS are popular names. While Peerless is a bit hard to find, I had stocked up on these babies since most of the blokes in the local market really didn't know their worth. DLS is still freely available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Are the new rear speakers of a different size than the stock? Asking since they have been installed with a spacer ring.

Does the HU have a motorised screen. I mean, is the disc slot behind the screen?
Yes, the stock rear location is 6.5". To get the desired amount of midbass, we needed as large drivers as possible. Since this wasn't possible in the front without trashing the stock look, the option was to go for 6x9s or 8" for the rear. 6x9 would have needed cutting, and these 8" coaxials with an outboard crossover and silk dome tweeter do the job really well.

Wrt subwoofer grills, we're trying to get Navin to use his water-jet cutter to make us a nice pair of plexiglass grilles with "GTO" cut outs.

Lastly, thanks everyone for all the kind words.
Bass&Trouble is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2010, 19:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Which exotic brands? Peerless (Denmark) and DLS are popular names. While Peerless is a bit hard to find, I had stocked up on these babies since most of the blokes in the local market really didn't know their worth. DLS is still freely available.
Only Pio, DLS and Noise Kill were familiar to a layman like me. I have now added Peerless sub, VSL amp and Soundquest wiring kit to my ICE database.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:33   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Now that you're used to TA, you'll NEVER go back! Trust me on this one
Poor poor GTO. Now he will never be able tolisten to ordinary audio again. Seriously, I rather have no audio than ordinary audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
this is the first time I am ever hearing some of the names. Is it the price?
I think it was the first time that GTO heard of these brands used, other than Pioneer that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Please change the Sub grills to something which looks better visually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Which exotic brands? Peerless (Denmark) and DLS are popular names.

Wrt subwoofer grills, we're trying to get Navin to use his water-jet cutter to make us a nice pair of plexiglass grilles with "GTO" cut outs.
Ajay we can do either of 2 things. Get a perforated grill and spray paint GTO on it or get a solid plate of MS and cut out a large GTO from it. I prefer the former as the later will resonate. Either way I need the woofer's template.

And as far as Peeless is concerned ...oh never mind...

Last edited by navin : 9th April 2010 at 19:35.
Old 9th April 2010, 19:56   #30
Team-BHP Support

I don't understand most of what's written (ICE illeterate) but it still sounds fantastic.

What's the all total damage if one may ask?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks