Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 61.82%
Recommended 15 27.27%
NOT Recommended 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 16:41   #226
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)

Thanks for all the clarifications and recommendations on Ignite, gentlemen.

Our car is going to Ignite for its next service. In fact, were it not for the distance, I would have been a regular at Ignite since long ago. According to Google Maps, the main garage is 22 km away from my place, and the new branch(?) is 16 km away.

Anyway, I think the place is definitely worth it. I had contacted Raghav once through e-mail regarding a problem with my previous car (which I sold off later). He was kind enough to reply to my query, and even went out of his way to ask someone from an authorised workshop for information regarding the same. All this for someone who didn't even take the car to his garage!

It shows his passion, professionalism and helpful attitude to even non-customers. That's the kind of spirit that turns folks into fans of a garage. So yes, distance be forgotten, our car deserves to get treated at Raghav's Ignite next!
Old 11th August 2015, 13:42   #227
Senior - BHPian

I have just written a mail to Ignite garage ( hopefully would be read by Raghav ) and asked for brake upgrade options for my Fiesta 1.6S, hoping to fix up an appointment in the coming week to get the regular servicing and brake upgrade done!

Are both the garages - Palavakkam and the one further down ECR equally equipped to carry out brake related works? Any pointers on this would be helpful.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 11th August 2015 at 13:44.
Old 18th September 2015, 13:44   #228
BHPian

Hi Folks
Do these guys do VW services (once every 15K Kms). I am losing trust on the VW workshops and also my beast will go thru its 5th service in December.

Also are there any other workshops which handle yearly services for VW Ventos.

Thanks!
Old 18th September 2015, 14:00   #229
BHPian

Though I am not using Ignite for regular maintenance (during the period vehicle is in the warranty period), I have serviced my previous car couple of times and also fitted Dieseltronics in my current car at Ignite. My experience so far is very good.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 14:50   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Hi Folks
Do these guys do VW services (once every 15K Kms).
Routine annual service is so, err... routine (oil change, fluid levels, lubrication and so on), that it can probably be done by any garage for almost any vehicle.

Going further would depend on parts availability. Do let us know if you go to Ignite: my Polo might be getting its last in-warranty dealer service in Feb 2016.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:17   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Routine annual service is so, err... routine (oil change, fluid levels, lubrication and so on), that it can probably be done by any garage for almost any vehicle.

Going further would depend on parts availability. Do let us know if you go to Ignite: my Polo might be getting its last in-warranty dealer service in Feb 2016.
I will.
BTW the VW service guys reset the KMS for next service and days (the stuff from buttons you can see next to the trip odo in the speedo console). Can this kind of stuff be done?
Old 18th September 2015, 16:26   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm guessing that independent garages, at least the major ones, must have access to the remote diagnostic features of the cars they service.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 19:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will.
BTW the VW service guys reset the KMS for next service and days (the stuff from buttons you can see next to the trip odo in the speedo console). Can this kind of stuff be done?
Easy peasy Lemon squeezy!
Just a service reminder reset via the On-board diagnostics scanner tool.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:37   #234
BHPian

Took my Alto K10 this weekend to Ignite. I had driven down from Delhi to Chennai and a servicing was overdue. Raghav did a good job of pin-pointing the problems and offered his advice on what needed replacement or what could last few more thousand kilometers. Some minor things like disconnecting an annoying reversing horn were overlooked, but the rest of the service was impeccable and the car feels perfect. The bill was lesser than I expected, so that's a bonus.
spiritofmars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 17:10   #235
BHPian

Quote:
I will.
For some reason, I forgot to update my service experience. It was very very good.
Raghav spent time to understand the car and my complaints and the car ran well . It was a tragedy to lose the car to the floods after some time.

After I picked up my Duster, I had a whizzing sound during acceleration in my highway drive. When I stopped for a cup of coffee near Tindivanam, I bumped into the very man at the hotel. He quickly checked the car and certified it fine which gave me lot of piece of mind to continue the trip.
Recently I had recommended my colleague to service his Vento and he is pretty happy with the service done and also the costs.
Except for the location (for most people of Greater Chennai), IGnite is an excellent garage and provides very good service.
polopm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 19:53   #236
BHPian

Hi all, had gone to Ignite for service and as usual it was a fabulous experience.

Just realised Varun is not with Ignite anymore. So please be aware and to talk to Raghav or Affu directly to get your appointments if you want Ignite and Raghav to service. Sad Varun has moved away but good to see Ignite still being the best.

Last edited by madbullram : 5th January 2017 at 19:59.
madbullram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 23:45   #237
BHPian

As my Fabia 1.6 has completed the extended warranty period, wanted to try an independent garage for the routine service.
After reading the reviews decided on ignite (also closer to where I live).
Mr,Raghav attended the vessel, took it for a test drive . The ghost ABS lamp luckily came on during the test drive (It has been intermittent for a while now).
Issue traced to Rear LHS weel sensor. Raghav sent me a whatsapp showing the error code and duly followed with a quote.
All went well , I should say. Have to mention here that he was straight forward in his points. Mentioned that gearbox mounting is weak. After inspection again messaged me that it willl last for some time more and hence no need to worry about the same now.
Highly recommended.
93000BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 20:46   #238
BANNED

Hi All

My Ertiga had a long pending issue which was not diagnosed or over looked by Maruti engineers. Gave them 2 months time to rectify ,but no difference even after 4-5 visits.

So decided to go to Ignite and meet Raghav , i have already done my i20 service few years back, and since ertiga was in warranty i was refraining from going to ignite.

I must say Raghav did a professional job, at all point of time i had clear view of what was wrong and what will be the estimate. Most of all , it took just 30 mins for raghav to find the problem , for which maruti took 2 months. Problem was with brake calipers, quite a annoying noise arising from there.

They were sent to machine works and got it done, now car is awesome ,

will definitely recommend Ignite and Raghav, My only pain area was distance to be traveled to drop the vehicle .

Hope pick up is available in future
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:58   #239
ike
BHPian

I have a brand new S-cross Zeta that is in warranty. The NEXA dealership gave an auto IRVM as a free accessory but said they will not install it. Would the folks in Ignite be able to help?
Old 23rd August 2017, 22:24   #240
BHPian

Hi All,

My car completed 80,000 and was serviced at Ignite, Chennai. Raghav was courteous enough to call me and keep me updated on the work. The bill amounted to INR 59,978. Below is the list of parts replaced. I replaced the timing belt since the car was nearing the 5th anniversary.

Engine Oil- 2293
Oil Filter- 447
Air Filter-515
Coolant-733
Timing Belt kit- 9865
Waterpump assembly-4059
Fan Belt-1122
Ac Gas and Compressor Oil-2061
Cooling Coil Assembly-4414
AC Pollen Filter-704
Main Pulley Dampner-6853
Fan Belt tensioner-3956
Fan Motor Blower assembly-5559
Transmission Transverse Bed-4185
Power Steering Idler-3567
Brake Fluid-218
Consumables-458

Labor:

General Service-1600
Dashboard Removal and fitment for Blower replacement- 3000
Timing Belt replacement- 2000
Belts and Idler-1200

Tax- 1170

The car drives much better. I installed a RD box a couple of months ago along with the service has made the car as good as new. The blower,unfortunately, has a manufacturing defect. It works for some time and then it dies. It would be replaced this week.

Am I satisfied with the service? - Of course yes!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks