Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 61.82%
Recommended 15 27.27%
NOT Recommended 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2009, 15:58   #16
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ram

Hi MB Ram,

Thank you for the contact number . Spoke to Raghav and fixed up for Monday 10 am.

Would write back with my experience

Cheers
Old 24th May 2009, 09:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Hi MB Ram,

Thank you for the contact number . Spoke to Raghav and fixed up for Monday 10 am.

Would write back with my experience

Cheers
Pls do, knowing Raghav he would be following this thread curiously as he listens to constructive feedback
Old 25th May 2009, 13:24   #18
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Very impressed & comfortable feeling

Hi,

I met Raghav at IgNite this morning (as fixed up on Saturday) 10:00 am sharp. I live in Velachery (those who are in Chennai know this place) and took about 25 minutes to reach IgNite.

At first sight, i really thought the place was a restaurant . Very Very neatly kept!! A K&N Filter banner in the car-yard gave me confidence that i have come to the right place. Once inside, i could see "Team-BHP" stickers in many places.

I handed over a list of problems/things to be taken care. Raghav and myself took the car for a spin and he found that the clutch is just beginning to slip. This was added this to the list.

I should say that i am very impressed with Raghav and his clarity of thought. He is just 28 years old and clarity levels are much better when compared to any other workshop. The other difference here is that, Raghav works on the car by himself, which makes IgNite many times better than other workshops.

The car would be back on Thursday. As i would be travelling, i have requested Raghav to see if he could give it on Wednesday, if not i would be taking it on Saturday. I am eagerly looking forward to get the car back.

I know Raghav actively follows the forum but i was so impressed that i decided to key in a few words for the benefit of our community.

Cheers!!
Old 27th May 2009, 16:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its always nice to have another enthusiast owned garage in our city.
Raghav's a good acquaintance. Should visit him the next time I'm on the ECR.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:29   #20
BHPian

going through the threads create a comfort feeling & auurance on raghav's scope of work,thanx guys & would like to extend my thanx to ram for posting the number.
once i find time surely im going to explopre ignite...
Old 29th May 2009, 15:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
going through the threads create a comfort feeling & auurance on raghav's scope of work,thanx guys & would like to extend my thanx to ram for posting the number.
once i find time surely im going to explopre ignite...
When you do, do post your experience
Old 29th May 2009, 20:27   #22
BHPian

Wow ! Such Accolades ? Will skip NSK and try Ignite for my Swift's next service.
Old 30th May 2009, 09:40   #23
BHPian

Guys, Does Ignite look after Mahindras too?
Old 30th May 2009, 11:43   #24
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Great Service

Hi Guys,

Got my Santro back from IgNite on Thursday. As, i was travelling, he personally dropped the car home. Returned yesterday night and took a test drive of the vehicle.

During the service, Raghav was continuously in touch with me updating me on the status of the car. The clutch replacement was not done, as Raghav found the clutch to be good but the Alternator had gone. (The reason why the car had a flickering tendency when switched on). The Alternator was repaired/serviced and cost me only 25% of the new one. The best part is that i had earlier complained to KUN (if i remember right, during my last two services), that the lights are flickering and the idling is not constant, but they did not detect the problem!! Now, no more flickering.

There seems to be a tad more vibration than before while idling the car. I had returned doing a 430 km drive from Ponamaravati to Chennai in the Fusion in 6 hours. As the Fusion is pretty smooth on the highways, i thought this could be the reason why i could fell more vibrations. Messaged Raghav regarding this. He called me back at 10.15 in the night to explain the reason for vibration. He had already found the vibrations and squared it down to the rusted support beam, which was not changed as it would last for another 10 K kms. He assured me that the rusting has just started and there is no danger of it breaking off.

In my opinion, the benefits of going to IgNite
a. personalized service
b. reasonable cost
c. transparent system of working
d. continuous status appraisal
e. no unnecessary replacement of parts (unlike Company workshops)
f. repair & reuse parts which are repairable
g. Engine bay is not sprayed with diesel (as it kills the rubber parts in the long run)
h. Indepth problem detection capability (until or unless the source of the problem is detected, how can anyone give a solution)
i. All problems taken care in single service (had a list of problem which i had handed over to Raghav)
j. Last but not least, Raghav works on the car hands on and he is a hard core car enthusiast

Servicing at IgNite take slightly longer time in case there are major problems/repairs. But hey, if the car stays one more day and the problem disappears permanently, then i will never mind.

I am sure my Santro would go to Ignite for its next service. Continuous status updates and calling back at 10.15 in the night to explain the problems in the car is something which cannot be expected from company owned/dealer owned garages. Apart from this, personally i feel that Raghav would not deliver a car until he is convinced that the car is in good condition.

As a result of the service, i have more confidence in the car now and i would no longer be afraid to take the car for long trips. Would definitely write in my observations

Incidentally, i had given my Corolla for service on Tuesday to Lanson Toyota (Santro was given on Monday; service week i guess). The advice for next service was to change the Aircon compressor as the bearing of the compressor is creating a hissing noise. They estimated the part to cost a whopping 45 K plus labour. I spoke to Raghav on this (during one of his status updation calls) and he said he will take care of this saving me precious moola. Will take it to IgNite once i drive a few kms and have it corrected.

Hi Josepeter,

I am sure IgNite does Mahindras as one of Raghav's drive is a "top-less" Mahindra jeep.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:43   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Guys, Does Ignite look after Mahindras too?
His personal ride is a CJ3B and you would find a couple of jeeps at his place at any point of time.
Old 1st June 2009, 14:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
His personal ride is a CJ3B and you would find a couple of jeeps at his place at any point of time.
Hey, He services premium cars. Jeeps and Premium cars are the other end of any spectrum. come on..
Old 1st June 2009, 15:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hey, He services premium cars. Jeeps and Premium cars are the other end of any spectrum. come on..
well then consider it a short spectrum . narrow power band
oops very soon someone is gonna warn me about chatting on the forum.

Last edited by petrol_head : 1st June 2009 at 15:33.
Old 1st June 2009, 17:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
You have a point but he has started servicing Jeeps and I am sure soon he would be one of the best reference points for Jeep. Many people laugh at me when I for perfection in my Jeep. The problem is people misunderstand perfection. When they strip a wire, i just expect the electrician to put a tape and pvc pipe on it so that its safe. Even a Jeep would need such touch which I dont find in a normal garage which I hope I can soon find in Ignite.

Today Ignite is the best bcos Rags is there for every car, the challenge for him would be to ensure he moulds or finds two more reliable hands that can take it to next step once the numbers increase and the spectrum widens (Jeeps to Premium cars)
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:17   #29
BHPian

Guys who have already serviced their cars at Ignite. > MAS, madbullram

Could you please share the cost for the "normal" service.
I'd take you word for it about both quality and cost(one car lover to another) but just curious.

My current MASS Vaishali @ OMR is really in it for the money and the charges are really on the high side. Quality of work is ok not that great. They are keen to replace everything. They billed for 4L of oil for my Zen. I guess 3.2-3.5 L is more than enough for Zen. I asked about it and supervisor "stated" this is our "normal" charge.

To add to the fun the service supervisor says "lot of work is required" "car is not in good condition" like 3-4 times every 5 minutes. What can I say in 9yrs and 92k kms I was never left stranded on the side of the road. It means something must be done right by me as an owner and the guys who used to service the car before it was brought to chennai.

Last edited by yzfrj : 3rd June 2009 at 19:19.
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:23   #30
BHPian

Each car is unique so I really cannot comment on the service charge. My opinion is it is not cheap and in line with your normal garage charges. But the value comes in expertise.

For example, my Santro cooling was down, Hyundai service asked me to change the A/C unit but all we in Ignite is refill the gas and it runs fine. I would spent good money if I had changed the A/C unit right?

My suggestion, speak to Raghav and check with him. He has 3 levels of service and cost for each. Go for one that you think is right and I am sure Raghav will point you in right direction. try him once and take a call if you wanna go back again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks