Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2021, 11:49   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The first thing that came to my mind - it's a perfect size for an electric city vehicle

Wonder why it hasn't picked up in India yet.
The same reasons the Nano didn't work I guess. Car is still a status symbol, not just a means for transport. Bigger=better. No one wants to be seen in a 'cheapest' car, no matter how practical it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Is it a standard practise in Hollywood movies to debadge unless in case of product placement?
This I actually know something about, used to work for a major hardware manufacturer a long time ago and we had a team that worked with movie production houses to provide models for on-screen product placement. They'd design bigger logos, change colours depending on the set background, and other subtle yet significant things that would make the product or brand name stand out more in shots. A pretty significant sum in production costs can be offset with product placement without being too obvious or going over the top. (Perhaps not when compared to the overall budget of the movie, but worth it still.) I guess the reverse happens when a product hasn't specifically paid the production house for placement - de-badging.

Last edited by am1m : 17th December 2021 at 11:55.
Old 11th December 2023, 14:04   #287
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is there any further update on this one. Have not really seen a single one on Hyd roads. Can't it be used for personal transportation (no yellow plate). I need a car for 2 kms daily runs to my kids school. I think my wife can manage on this easily. Don't want to buy a second hand car and work on repairs. This looks decent but I am not sure.
Old 11th December 2023, 14:59   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Guys, is there any further update on this one. Have not really seen a single one on Hyd roads. Can't it be used for personal transportation (no yellow plate). I need a car for 2 kms daily runs to my kids school. I think my wife can manage on this easily. Don't want to buy a second hand car and work on repairs. This looks decent but I am not sure.
If you get this, please be prepared to be kicked out! I had personally tried buying this, but at 3.XX lakhs, it makes more sense to buy a pre owned Tata Nano or many other cars out there in the market. This doesnt even feature basic AC for summers or defogger during rains/winters.
amtak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 15:19   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
If you get this, please be prepared to be kicked out! I had personally tried buying this, but at 3.XX lakhs, it makes more sense to buy a pre owned Tata Nano or many other cars out there in the market. This doesnt even feature basic AC for summers or defogger during rains/winters.
Got it. I was looking at the Comet but it's very expensive given the specs. I think I have to settle for a second hand AT. Thank you.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 15:51   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Got it. I was looking at the Comet but it's very expensive given the specs. I think I have to settle for a second hand AT. Thank you.
I would also recommend an used Tata Nano with a good ownership record at anything below Rs 1 lakh. It feels quite planted on the road and despite its frail looks, it feels solidly built while traversing cratered roads.

Back to the more frail Bajaj Qute, I only hope that its a dream come true sometime for Bajaj Auto. Also, I should hope that those two crash test dummies on its front seats emerge with less shocks, post the frontal and side impact tests by NCAP.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks