Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 18:41   #211
BHPian

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Can we drive yellow number plate vehicle with our normal LMV license? Planning to go for scab double cab for personal cum commercial use. Also do we need to take permit if we want to take it outside state for personal use?
Old 24th October 2020, 20:23   #212
B_T

Hi,

I am looking to buy the below for my 2014 DMax Space Cab - Arched Deck. It is similar to the car that was used in this review.

- Hard Canopy
- Bedliner
- Rear Bumper : Steel one

Would any of you know any sellers in Bengaluru or someone who can ship it to Bengaluru?

I've enquired at the Isuzu Service Center near Silk Board, but the say that they do not have these for the older space cab model.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th October 2020 at 22:07. Reason: Punctuations.
Old 24th October 2020, 22:10   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Can we drive yellow number plate vehicle with our normal LMV license? Planning to go for scab double cab for personal cum commercial use. Also do we need to take permit if we want to take it outside state for personal use?
You need an LCV licence, you need to renew it regularly (3 years) and thought this part isn't practiced much anywhere, my law it's compulsory to wear khaki if you're driving a yellow board Vehicle.
joelstephen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 00:21   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstephen View Post
You need an LCV licence, you need to renew it regularly (3 years) and thought this part isn't practiced much anywhere, my law it's compulsory to wear khaki if you're driving a yellow board Vehicle.
You wouldn't need a different license. Your normal passenger (Light Motor Vehicle) license will do. Attaching the latest Supreme Court order for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Isuzu D-Max-2-license-non-commercial-vehicles..jpg  

Review: Isuzu D-Max-license-non-commercial-vehicles-3..jpg  

Review: Isuzu D-Max-3-license-non-commercial-vehicles.1.jpg  

CkmGowda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 12:06   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
You wouldn't need a different license. Your normal passenger (Light Motor Vehicle) license will do. Attaching the latest Supreme Court order for reference.
Thanks a lot CKMGowda Sir. This is probably the first hard proof of such exemption. Rest are all just word of mouth cases in online forums and quora replies only. Great job.

Btw is it possible to get a direct web URL from Morth site https://morth.nic.in/Motor-Vehicle-Legislation for this exemption. I am trying to find the link for this circular but unable to do so. Any direct link from Morth will be very helpful to counter the traffic cops in case of an incident than showing this pdf.

I called Izusu local dealer in chennai and he was also not clear. He said there is an exemption but no solid proof. He said he has to check with RTO and get back. Shared this thread link to him.

EDIT : Hurray found the direct MORTH link after some bit of searching. Here is the circular https://morth.nic.in/sites/default/f..._judgement.pdf

Regards
Dev

Last edited by irdevanand : 26th October 2020 at 12:30.
irdevanand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 13:17   #216
BHPian

Mods can you please merge this post with my earlier one. Just now got the price list and accessories pdf from Isuzu Chennai.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf isuzu_dmax_brochure.pdf.pdf (3.25 MB, 505 views)
File Type: pdf price list- new- Sundar.pdf (75.0 KB, 321 views)
Old 27th October 2020, 11:27   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkmGowda View Post
This is really great news! But do I need to find the notice for the state I'm driving in or is the notice for Delhi and the supreme court ruling sufficient?
Old 27th October 2020, 12:36   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelstephen View Post
This is really great news! But do I need to find the notice for the state I'm driving in or is the notice for Delhi and the supreme court ruling sufficient?
Supreme Court ruling supercedes every other state institution. So, Supreme Court order will suffice.
CkmGowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 20:42   #219
BHPian

A small heads up to potential owners.

I have a D-max S-cab (4 door version; low height) since past 3 years. It has run ~110k kms.

Driven by our 2 loyal drivers and been maintained exclusively by Isuzu dealer in Navi Mumbai. I purchased the isuzu over the equivalent mahindra with the hopes that I will get a reliable vehicle which I can keep for 6-7 years or atleast 250k kms. In the past, I used Mahindra vehicles only, and I switched to Isuzu only because of my poor experience with Mahindra's quality and service.

My experienced till now has been a mixed bag.

1. Car had a power steering failure at 70k kms. Was replaced under warranty without any fuss by the dealer.

2. At 105k kms, one of the injectors failed. Was 'serviced' by the dealer who basically outsourced it to a local Bosch shop. Charged me 22k for something which could've been done for less than half the cost if I had approached the same guy independently. Sadly, my problem did not resolve. It seems one of the connectors has gotten 'loose' and on physical inspection by me, I found out that the dealer wasn't bothered to replace such a critical component (even though he has charged me handsomely). The vehicle was rendered useless for 2-3 weeks, and despite promising to replace the connector, the dealer is not doing so (I even said I shall pay for the same, but to put me out of this misery).

3. The rear brake lights are especially prone to damage in our Indian driving cycles. I end up replacing the rear lights once a year!

4. Rear shocks gave away at 100k kms. This is surprising considering that I do not load the car much (max ~80 kg of payload).

5. The side view mirrors are expensive at 1500 bucks a piece.

Now the good part

6. Brakes last very long. I have only replaced 2 sets of pads.

7. Fantastic driveability

8. Good comfort

9. Has aged very well! No rattles and the parts like mirrors and minor plastic parts have withstood the relatively heavy abuse put on them.

Routine services cost an average of INR 9k. Would I buy this car again? Yes, but only becuase of lack of options!

I bought a Mahindra scorpio (base S3 version) arund the same time I bough the isuzu (basically because of the stupid 80 km/hr speed restriction enforced on yellow plate
vehicles). The Mahindra true to its legacy had waaaay more part failures and replacements, and cost me much much more than the isuzu. It has also crossed 110k kms.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks