Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2014, 15:04   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjon View Post
Here is one space cab I found in kottayam district, kerala. This one was legally registered as private by getting a court order for private use. There are few Tata xenons here thats done it in the same manner.
So it is very much possible to get it in white plates here.
Thanks for your post conjon.
Can you post more details about this court order process so other members can benefit?

If you are not aware, is it possible for you to contact the owner and try and get to know how this process works?
Old 19th September 2014, 22:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is based on D-max but it's pretty impressive!

Quarter mile in 8.2 seconds

Old 20th January 2015, 08:43   #78
Team-BHP Support

Isuzu is opening dealership at Ludhiana & Chandigarh soon , New Dealership is owned by Krishna Group ( BMW & Porsche Dealers )

I was very close to buying one last Year but for dealership at Gurgaon ( they are common dealers for Skoda at Gurgaon ) walked off at last moment at time of delivery .

Thinking of picking one for office / personal use now , what kind of License will we need to Drive this one ?
Old 20th January 2015, 09:14   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Isuzu is opening dealership at Ludhiana & Chandigarh soon , New Dealership is owned by Krishna Group ( BMW & Porsche Dealers )

I was very close to buying one last Year but for dealership at Gurgaon ( they are common dealers for Skoda at Gurgaon ) walked off at last moment at time of delivery .

Thinking of picking one for office / personal use now , what kind of License will we need to Drive this one ?
Commercial license. And yellow plates. That said, many people in PB can get white plates for such vehicles(seen single cab boleros with white plates there). You have to contact RTO for the same.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:44   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Commercial license. And yellow plates.
Thanks , for plates I am clear , how do we get commercial license ? is it some sort of addition to existing one or more complicated like applying fresh ?
Old 21st January 2015, 17:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:

Saw an Isuzu Mu-7 parked inside the BMW showroom operated by Krishna Group in Phase 1.
I guess the launch is pretty close then.
Can't wait to test drive the D-max. I hope Isuzu has done its homework on marketing and sales. They have quite a product in their hands.
Old 21st January 2015, 22:15   #82
BHPian

I have also seen the Isuzu Dmax and MU 7 parked at Krishna auto on GT Road in Ludhiana.

I intend to go there tomorrow with a cheque in hand for the Dmax.

Only concern is the license plates. (though I have been told that they can be changed to white ones after 6 nonths and giving an affidavit for private use). And the commercial license part.

However will go there tomorrow to see if they have opened and update with the details.

- Rishi
Old 21st January 2015, 22:24   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Saw an Isuzu Mu-7 parked inside the BMW showroom operated by Krishna Group in Phase 1.
Quote:
I have also seen the Isuzu Dmax and MU 7 parked at Krishna auto on GT Road in Ludhiana.
Yes , they are starting deliveries , getting Silver one tomorrow

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st January 2015 at 22:41.
Old 22nd January 2015, 03:46   #84
BHPian

Congratulations on your new truck.

White plates. I guess?

What about license issues?
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:19   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes , they are starting deliveries , getting Silver one tomorrow
Congratulations.
I already saw one in chandigarh with superb wheels and a lift kit around geri route
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:37   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
White plates. I guess?
What about license issues?
Chandigarh has started registering LCV less than 3 Ton GVW @ 6 % so we will be saved of Yearly hassles of Road Tax payment and more importantly 2 Year passing

http://chdtransport.gov.in/Webpages/FeesSTA.aspx

Will soon apply for addition to my existing license , I think its to be done via some driving school .

Quote:
saw one in chandigarh with superb wheels and a lift kit around
Must have bought from Delhi , Local dealer will start deliveries from today , they had only 2 in stocks , Blue & Silver both gone , more are incoming , I might pick another white one if it suits our office requirements .

Have asked them to put MU7 Rims at time of delivery , these looks much nice on pickup as the original ones are very punny . Will be curious to know options on lift , this truck has so much potential ..
Old 25th January 2015, 10:03   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The cover is fitted onto the top edges of the tub using metal buttons and velcro. So theres no flapping or anything. It can also be rolled from back to front and held in this position using the velcro straps. Unfortunately, drilling was required to fix the buttons in place. This is a cheaper 5000 rupee option compared to a 40000 rupee import cover.
Lakshman , can you give more details on this - was it customised from some local dealer ? what options did you considered for Imports ( any links )

Or suggestions how to cover bed differently with some canopy ?
Old 2nd February 2015, 18:26   #88
Senior - BHPian

On saturday, found a vehicle with a cover on a flatbed in the Bosch campus trying to enter the Technical center which carries out the engine/ drivetrain testing. On the outward, it looked like a Isuzu DMax double cab. The flatbed had a TN white on black registration, TN43 I think. Does anyone have a clue if a double cab version is on the cards. Since photos are not allowed in the campus, could not click.

Also a couple of days prior to this 2 DMax were unloaded from a container truck. These were debadged but could be easily identifiable as DMax from seeing them.
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Lakshman , can you give more details on this - was it customised from some local dealer ? what options did you considered for Imports ( any links )

Or suggestions how to cover bed differently with some canopy ?
I designed the cover and had it fabricated at a friends workshop. He has people who regularly make soft tops for his jeeps. So this was quite easy for them to do. It is made of rexin.

The only import options given by the Isuzu dealer here were hard covers. Similar to what you get as an accessory with the Tata Xenon. This isn't practical if you need to carry loads that are higher than the wall of the tub. And they quoted 40000 rupees for it.

Have you taken delivery yet? Would like to see how the MU7 wheels look on your D Max. I plan to change my wheels to the MU7 one's since the offset in my after market wheels is too high. The tires end up sticking out of the body too much.
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:37   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I designed the cover and had it fabricated at a friends workshop. He has people who regularly make soft tops for his jeeps
Can you share photo's of same .

Yes , we did took delivery of one and second is on way will upload photo's soon

Most Viewed