Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2020, 13:13   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pilot suspended for raising safety concerns against AirAsia

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
I viewed his videos first time a few weeks ago when a member posted it on the Pakistan Airlines crash thread and then after this thread opened up. From an aviation point of view the content and its presentation is very weak and I dare say tacky. As one of the few members on Team BHP who has employed pilots in numbers I certainly would be very concerned if one of my pilots spent such an inordinate amount of time on vlogging and that too vlogging that seems aimed at building his image rather than serious and meaningful aviation discussion/education. .... With his vlogging side career and worse the tone he depicts in it, it is unlikely I would have hired him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
It's like you stole my lines. .... I always wondered how his regular employer allowed him to be a Youtuber. Most full-time regular jobs do not allow you to moonlight because it affects your main job. And, more than anyone else's, a pilot's and a surgeon's job calls for focus, precision and dedication of highest order. They don't have the luxury of making errors that do not result in some serious consequences.

I am neither a fan of him nor anything against him but it is his fans I can't stand. Just go to comments section and see the crass comments. His fans are the judge, jury and the executioners. And, they have delivered guilty verdict on his airlines. They neither care a rat's derriere about aviation nor have any knowledge or interest in. What is with these folks looking for a hero to worship. Almost like politicians' bhakts.

Who knows maybe our man was reprimanded by his airline for his Youtubing. Maybe some kind of censure letter which might have prompted him to declare war on his airline. People get too emotional and judge an incident by hearing out one side of a story. No one is an innocent angel. Everyone has his own axe to grind.
Very well put @pgsagar. Our thoughts align. For reference I've quoted an earlier post of mine. Unfortunately for him his bhakts won't decide his fate. He has, for all practical purposes, lost his job with Air Asia and I'd be surprised if any Indian carrier of repute would hire him. You really don't want a pilot whose self image of himself is larger than life. Air Asia is to blame that they hired him knowing his vlogging life. He is to blame for believing that his youtube fan club will save his career. There is no doubt in my mind that his youtube insertion was a direct result of being pulled up by the company. I wonder what will happen to his youtube career if he is no longer a Captain! It would do him well to dwell on this.
V.Narayan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 14:13   #77
BHPian

^^
Not going into who is correct here, but about his youtube / social media activities, he is not the first or last commercial pilot who is very active on social media.
He may not have biggest following also, nowadays there are lots of pilots who are very active on various social media platforms (e.g. jpcvanheijst, flywitheva, flywithcaptainjoe, pilot_obet etc from very very long list)

I feel that airlines might be directly or indirectly helping them as It advertises the profession and helps to attract new talent.

Even looks like AirAsia India had to get help from another pilot active in youtube to defend them.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 29th June 2020 at 14:15.
Old 29th June 2020, 16:25   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Air Asia has terminated employment of Capt. Gaurav Taneja as per Moneycontrol

News Link

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th June 2020 at 16:37. Reason: Small correction.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 16:31   #79
Team-BHP Support

Washing your dirty linen in public is an unhealthy practice. No matter what the concern, there are internal redressal mechanisms available in every corporate house to resolve these issues amicably. Should one choose the path of confrontation, it leads to endless legal battles, blame games and public display of corporate culture. No business house likes bad PR.

Secondly, the industry is quite small as is the world. You never burn bridges in your corporate life. A lesson one must learn sooner than later. I've had countless experiences of bumping into same old colleagues in different places. Building a solid network is key to success as well.

Sorry to hear about the termination, but I had guessed it will end up there.
moralfibre is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 21:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav Taneja AKA TheFlyingBeast has entered into the stratosphere as far as independent Indian Youtube channels go. His homemade videos itself are getting millions of views with strong engagement. So I think loosing his job won't really affect him all that much, infact I expect Gaurav to push his channels even more.
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 12:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Gaurav Taneja AKA TheFlyingBeast has entered into the stratosphere as far as independent Indian Youtube channels go. His homemade videos itself are getting millions of views with strong engagement. So I think loosing his job won't really affect him all that much, infact I expect Gaurav to push his channels even more.
+1. I have been loosely following his youtube channel for quite a while now. What started off with a fitness channel putting out a video every 4-5 days gradually evolved into him starting up a vlogging channel that now puts out a video everyday. Full credit to him for his success on youtube. I will not comment on the allegations against the airline or his motivations behind it, but to me he knew very well that his flying days would pretty much be over if he went public with the allegations. His plans of starting a 3rd gaming channel as well as renovating his house to build a gym plus a gaming / editing room etc. before speaking out against the airline further substantiates this - He is solely going to focus on youtube as a career.
Old 4th July 2020, 21:03   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest video on this topic:

Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 11:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile, he is flying simulator on his new youtube channel that crossed 1 million in a matter of 3-4 days!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9...verH-hxgHJtNRQ

PS - Is there any update about the current status of the issue?
Old 30th July 2020, 23:46   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

PS - Is there any update about the current status of the issue?
Latest video:

Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 01:11   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest update:

Pilot suspended for raising safety concerns against AirAsia-20200811_011045.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 10:46   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aviation regulator DGCA has suspended two senior executives of AirAsia India for a period of three months over "safety violations", said a senior official on Tuesday. The suspension was carried out a week ago, the official said.
Quote:
"We had issued a show cause notice to two AirAsia India executives -- Head of Operations Manish Uppal and Head of Flight Safety Mukesh Nema -- in June only. It has been decided now to suspend them for a period of three months," the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) official said.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...119074686.html
RM Motorsports is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 20:19   #87
Senior - BHPian

DGCA handing over 3 month suspension to AirAsia officials basically vindicates Gaurav Taneja. I am sure his followers are going to increase manifold as his perceived credibility now would be unquestionable after this episode.

Happy to know that DGCA took a notice of this and went on to hold AirAsia accountable. If it weren't for this Covid-19 crisis, this thing would have got even more attention.

(Note: I don't follow him)
NiInJa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 20:29   #88
BHPian

Slightly off topic but if anyone is really interested in knowing about commercial aircrafts (technical stuff especially), visit this guy Captain Joe's YouTube channel. His highly informative and good quality content will never disappoint you.
Storm2.0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 16:00   #89
BHPian

Gaurav Taneja is open and honest in his Vlog Channel.
He could be found struggling without job - all day home and his new (gaming) channel not making huge success as his main channel.
He has been open about it as well(indirectly)
Gaming is a task whilst Vlogging and editing videos are natural.

To make long story short, He sums up everything from 1:35

Btw I quote my own post when all of this started on Social Media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
A glitch in safety whilst landing will cost lives. It includes Pilot(s) as well.
No Pilot will take safety for a toss.
If he had raised this concern with management then other Pilots would have joined hands and stood against Airlines.

But if the difference in bonus awarded is not much with full flap landings then other pilots may have kept the silence (like they have done until now)

Just want to bring this point that raise a concern when one has data to prove the flaw. Currently, the data exists with Air Asia. It can be modified or deleted before DGCA probes.
Still being an Airline Pilot means retaliation and humiliation for this act.

In my humble opinion, It would have been better
1. if he changed the employer
2. Receive his final pay from airlines
3. Register a complaint with DGCA on Landing Issues.
4. Use his channel to seek attention of people (like us)
5. Keep shooting Vlogs. His content is enjoyable.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 22:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

His latest video with all the details.

mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks