Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 11:09   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pilot suspended for raising safety concerns against AirAsia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
His latest video
Although I feel sorry for his state today, I don't appreciate some of the arguments put forth. Once again, this video showcases him not feeling fit enough to fly, this time on 24th March 2020, despite some rest. I wouldn't want to get into regulations, but one can't demand to always go by the rule book with respect to rest.Think of pilots flying out at odd times eg. 4am, when the body and mind is at its low state of energy. They don't complain, do they?

Also, the issue of rest is subjective. Eg. Case A - a person gets 16 hours between one duty roster and the next, but hasn't rested well - power failure at home, too many mosquitoes, health issues, late night parties whatever; CaseB - A person gets sound sleep for 4 hours between one duty roster and the next. Where would a person's faculties work better? CaseB.

Again, re-quoting from one of my earlier posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I associate commercial flying with a great sense of duty akin to the Armed Forces. One should be ready 24x7 to respond to the call of duty. At the end of the day, passengers are affected by such acts.

Last edited by vigsom : 30th March 2021 at 11:10.
Old 30th March 2021, 11:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrastinator View Post
Gaurav Taneja is open and honest in his Vlog Channel.
He could be found struggling without job - all day home and his new (gaming) channel not making huge success as his main channel.
He has been open about it as well(indirectly)
Gaming is a task whilst Vlogging and editing videos are natural.

To make long story short, He sums up everything from 1:35

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=-kXC2xrRrZA

Btw I quote my own post when all of this started on Social Media.
I am left scratching my head. Who watches vlogs like these? I mean how much time do people have?

P.S. I dont think he needs his job back. You wouldnt book a BMW otherwise.

extreme_torque is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 14:39   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am left scratching my head. Who watches vlogs like these? I mean how much time do people have?

For that, you can thank cheap internet to unemployed, free time having, YouTube accessing people of the world.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd April 2021 at 07:29. Reason: Personal attack on an individual
D33-PAC is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 15:03   #94
S15
BANNED

Quote:

I think he's now a full-time YouTuber.

Makes sense. Nothing wrong with it either.. Its not something that I would do, but people have done a lot worse in desparate times.
S15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 15:32   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
For that, you can thank cheap internet to unemployed, free time having, YouTube accessing people of the world.
So you feel the unemployed should not have internet? Remarkable, to say the least!

Jeroen

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd April 2021 at 07:29. Reason: Quoted text edited
Jeroen is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:49   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
So you feel the unemployed should not have internet? Remarkable, to say the least!

Jeroen
Jeroen,

Once upon a time YT had content with purpose. I can clearly tell by the spelling capabilities that the lowest of the low have appeared with channels and have comment capacity. It's the peanut gallery.

I didn't mean unemployed per se, but I think the general direction of what I said is not lost upon the savvier users of the internet.

Too much junk on YT these days. And I've been using YT since 2005. Everyone's trying to peddle something as newsworthy, plenty of clickbait.

Accountants have started offering expert advise on the Suez Canal ship block issue at round table interviews. LOL. YT 2021.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd April 2021 at 08:14. Reason: We would prefer to have a bit more respectful posts/comments on Team-BHP.
D33-PAC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:21   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Once upon a time YT had content with purpose. I can clearly tell by the spelling capabilities that the lowest of the low have appeared with channels and have comment capacity. It's the peanut gallery.

I didn't mean unemployed per se, but I think the general direction of what I said is not lost upon the savvier users of the internet.

Too much junk on YT these days. And I've been using YT since 2005. Everyone's trying to peddle something as newsworthy, plenty of clickbait.

Accountants have started offering expert advise on the Suez Canal ship block issue at round table interviews. LOL. YT 2021.

Thanks. So if I sum up your world views it would list as follows:
  • The unemployed should not have internet
  • Underclass nations have a lot of crude people
  • One’s spelling capabilities, or rather lack of it, are a sure sign of being the lowest of the low
  • Only the savvier users of the Internet get it

There is definitely a lot of wrong with the world and I am staring at some of it right now.

Jeroen

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd April 2021 at 08:14. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thank you!
Jeroen is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 23:01   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

While I dont want to get into the categorization part about who deserves to use the internet and who doesnt, I have to agree with this. I cant believe that on an average, more than a million viewers watch the daily life of someone on a regular basis. And this is just one of the many other YouTube celebrities who first started with a certain field of content, and slowly moved to daily life VLogs since their greed for views and money couldnt match the amount of subject specific content that they could post.

I used to watch Flying Beast during the aviation days and then stopped. But the sort of fan following he has is in a different level and is growing stronger by the day. While I have no comments on his personality or his actions, I find it surprising daily life videos get so many hits. This is the case with many other channels and which have worse content(at least some of the Flying Beast content is interesting even today) and I can attribute the sort of YouTube view numbers to cheaper internet and free time for more people, without commenting on their class or status.

Since we would stick to the topic, beyond Youtube, I wonder how the man feels about not flying anymore and is ever planning to fly commercially. Getting a flying license is not easy and why would anyone completely stop flying, even though YouTube at this moment might bring him more money than a career in aviation.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 05:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
I think he's now a full-time YouTuber.

Makes sense. Nothing wrong with it either.. Its not something that I would do, but people have done a lot worse in desparate times.
I am not suggesting its right or wrong. All I am saying is that it doesnt seems like he is that desperate to have his job back as he would like us to believe.

P.S. The content is so cringeworthy that I could not watch it unless i embarrassed myself. More than the content creator, I want to ask the million or so watchers who think its a good use of their time to see someone go around his house doing is daily chores including brushing his teeth! I'll be dammed.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 3rd April 2021 at 05:29.
extreme_torque is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 17:22   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Thanks. So if I sum up your world views it would list as follows:
  • The unemployed should not have internet
  • Underclass nations have a lot of crude people
  • One’s spelling capabilities, or rather lack of it, are a sure sign of being the lowest of the low
  • Only the savvier users of the Internet get it

There is definitely a lot of wrong with the world and I am staring at some of it right now.

Jeroen

Too much is being talked about something that wasn't really said.

E: I am left scratching my head. Who watches vlogs like these? I mean how much time do people have?

D: For that, you can thank cheap internet to unemployed, free time having, YouTube accessing people of the world.

J: So you feel the unemployed should not have internet? Remarkable, to say the least!
alpha1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Probably OT, but the growing popularity of such social media channels, showing the protagonist's minutiae of everyday life, makes me think what a brilliantly prophetic movie The Truman Show really was.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th April 2021 at 21:33.
comfortablynumb is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=BpTsCcLtFKE
Quoting a six months old post when lot has changed with YouTube (after unlock) and his channel tells the fact that getting a job back is a sign of victory.

There are more ads, more subscribers on his channel, more paid promotions, and more views in each video now.
—————————
I am not supporter or basher of him.
But let’s agree that his video crosses 2M views.
He is popular, perhaps not with you, but with Aam junta.
—————————
Also, Getting a job back is getting a victory that pilot is right.
Likely Air Asia won’t reinstate him especially after a dispute.
procrastinator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:31   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I can add a few points here. As already mentioned he had a channel named FitMuscleTV which centered on fitness. That was his niche, his flame. Videos posted on that channel had some serious value and fitness nerds all around the country had his channel bookmarked for information on supplements, Healthy foods, workouts, etc.

But his channel had a very specific audience too. When he seriously started posting lifestyle-related videos on his second channel, his original channel had ~550K subscribers, IIRC. Growth was extremely limited.

His second channel got viral almost overnight. Now, he posts 2-3 videos monthly in FitMuscleTV, and daily videos in Flying Beast.

A lot of Youtubers have gone the same way. India's most loved moto vlogger these days rarely travels in his bike, but posts daily videos regarding a lot of subjects.

Even Youtube has finally started promoting these contents to young viewers as they bring revenue. It has become the new Facebook/Instagram where people exaggerate their outrageously impossible lifestyles, but keep a large part of their personal problems hidden.
RoadAtlas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 05:53   #104
BHPian

Speaking strictly on Gaurav's video, all I can say is; fatigue report is never on a email alone. Each airline has a fatigue form which needs to be filled up post reporting fatigue where in a detailed questionnaire is filled up by the pilot. This fatigue form is then analysed by the CMO (chief medical officer), head of operations and head of safety to see if they need to fix any lacunae in the system. Had Gaurav filled up this form, it would have tied up his report to the flight he wanted to deny , irrespective of the so called confusion in the date. So it's hard to believe that a simple date change caused this "confusion".
Also before declaring a "no show" or "missing in action" the rostering team will try multiple means to contact the operating pilot. Had he taken those calls (mandatory btw), this confusion would be sorted easily.
Hard to believe him when he sings only one side of the story.
AirbusCapt is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 09:48   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Speaking strictly on Gaurav's video, all I can say is; fatigue report is never on a email alone. Each airline has a fatigue form which needs to be filled up post reporting fatigue where in a detailed questionnaire is filled up by the pilot. This fatigue form is then analysed by the CMO (chief medical officer), head of operations and head of safety to see if they need to fix any lacunae in the system. Had Gaurav filled up this form, it would have tied up his report to the flight he wanted to deny , irrespective of the so called confusion in the date. So it's hard to believe that a simple date change caused this "confusion".
Also before declaring a "no show" or "missing in action" the rostering team will try multiple means to contact the operating pilot. Had he taken those calls (mandatory btw), this confusion would be sorted easily.
Hard to believe him when he sings only one side of the story.
Well said Captain, very well said. Frankly I would not want to hire a pilot or an aircraft maintenance engineer whose self image of himself is larger than life. In the cockpit, as you know better than me, we need quiet professionalism and first class professionals and not rock stars.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks