Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 23:43   #1186
Senior - BHPian

MSRTC has started running brand new Volvo 9400s taken on hire basis. They are running on new routes like Borivali - Swargate & Pune Aurangabad. Borivali Swargate route had only 2-4 Kinglong services earlier which used to go via Ghodbunder road. Now there are Volvos almost every hour or two which go via WE highway & Sion.

I have attached a pic of the new bus.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-img_34021_filtered.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2009, 12:55   #1187
nbr
BHPian

Indian buses in Dubai roads

I got this video clip from a local news website. The entire video is about the way these buses are driven by these indian and pakistani drivers. All three indian brands are shown in this video with Ashok leyland, Tata and Eicher . Its really worth a watch

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][COLOR=#669cc6]http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid4267205001?bclid=0&bctid=4637995001[/COLOR][/FONT]
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:43   #1188
Senior - BHPian

found on youtube..this is the bus of budapest.
i love this. want to see this on crowdy indian roads

Old 23rd May 2009, 16:44   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
found on Youtube..this is the bus of budapest.
i love this. want to see this on crowdy indian roads
This must for their Mass Rapid Transit System wherein there would be dedicated bus tracks .
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:29   #1190
BHPian

Tata World Truck launch on May 28th 2009

Tata World Truck launch on May 28th 2009, per MOTORINDIA ONLINE EDITION

That website will also feature the complete coverage including pics.

Thanx
/Venkat
Old 28th May 2009, 13:18   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Here is what I think is some tid bits on Tata's world truck.

From Today's Hindu edition:

Mumbai (PTI): Auto maker Tata Motors on Thursday launched a range of trucks comprising multi-axle, tractor trailers, tippers, mixers and special application vehicles.
Besides India, the range will also be gradually introduced in South Korea, South Africa, the SAARC countries and the Middle East, Tata Motors said in a statement.
"The developing infrastructure in India makes it possible for transporters to reap the benefits of trucks with higher power, speed and carrying capacity. The new range from Tata Motors will meet those needs and will help us penetrate international market more effectively and competitively," Tata Sons and Tata Motors Chairman Ratan Tata said.
The project has been jointly developed by Tata Motors and its two subsidiaries -- Tata Daewoo Commercials Vehicle Co (South Korea) and Tata Motor European Technical Centre (UK).
The company has harnessed the best of the inputs in technology -- in styling, engines, transmission, suspension, chassis, chassis frames, fabrication and dyes from partners based in countries like Italy, Germany, Sweden, the US, Japan and South Korea, the statement added.
Old 28th May 2009, 13:52   #1192
Senior - BHPian

some pics i got from TM website.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-truck01sml.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-truck02sml.jpg  

Old 28th May 2009, 13:56   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Variants & Specifications
The range offers a higher power-to-weight ratio translating into faster turnaround time, better reliability and durability, and resulting in higher revenue generation for the transporter than is the norm now. The versatility of the range meets several needs:
- Tractor-trailers and multi-axle trucks for long distance transportation
- Rigid trucks for short distance distribution
- Tippers, mixers, cranes for construction and mining
- Special applications like reefers, bulkers, and tip-trailers

Capacity: The capacity of the trucks can be from 10 tonnes to 75 tonnes Gross Combination Weight (GCW), to meet a wide mix of usages.

Powertrains: The powertrain option stretches from 150 PS to 560 PS, with suitable engines, transmissions and axles of different makes. Additional features on offer include automated transmissions and air suspension.
Vehicle tracking: Every truck will have Global Positioning System for effective vehicle tracking as standard fitment.

Comfortable cabin options: The spacious air-conditioned cabs come in three different lengths (day, rest and sleeper), three different heights (flat, low-dome and high-dome roof) and in two different widths. While there are two trim levels, features include reclining seats, adjustable steering wheel, seat belts and arm rests (for both the driver and co-driver) for driver comfort and safety. These features are designed to induce longer and more trips and safer driving.

Safety & Emission
The range is designed to meet stringent safety norms of the markets that it will be sold in. In terms of emissions, the range is Euro III and Euro IV complaint, while being Euro V ready.

The best thing when i personally peeped in the cabin was the dash and the feeling inside. you feel as if you are entering a luxury sedan. the AC is damn powerful and the dash was nicely polished. the engine sound is something very different. the huge mirrors and the crystal clear headlamps are amazing. so are the rims.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-image001.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-image002.jpg  

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 28th May 2009 at 14:00.
Old 28th May 2009, 14:18   #1194
BHPian

These trucks looks really good. Finally good news for the 'patriotic' ones among CV afficianados!

Genuinely good effort.

Any additional pictures of interiors etc?

Last edited by Trapezio : 28th May 2009 at 14:25.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:46   #1195
BHPian

I am surprised with the comment that "Leylands are rare in Kerala". To the contrary, Leylands are far more appreciated in Kerala than Tata or any other commercial vehicle brand, for that matter. Besides, Leylands are preferred in ALL HILLY AREAS wthout exception for their fantastic low end torque and bulletproof reliability. The 1612 series (semiforward) of Tata are preferred for local transport since these vehicles are far more cheaper than the Comets and Vikings. They have very dismal hill climbing capacity and are not a match for the rougher but sturdier Leylands.Even the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation is keeping Leyland buses ONLY in it's all High Range garages while TATAs are being plied in level roads. Yes, Hino engines are better suited for cruising since they have torque at the higher end.

Last edited by Ashley Nair : 28th May 2009 at 21:54.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:54   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
I am surprise with the comment that Leylands are rare in Kerala. To the contrary, Leylands are far more appreciated in Kerala than Tata or any other brand, for that matter. Besides, Leylands are preferred in ALL HILLY AREAS wthout exception for their fantastic low end torque and bulletproof reliability
Same goes for Swaraj Mazdain the LCV SEGMENT. They are found in plenty in hilly areas due to their low end torque.
Old 28th May 2009, 22:15   #1197
Senior - BHPian

@Ashley Nair:Leyland bus numbers in KSRTC(kerala) are decreasing.many traditional leyland routes are now having tata buses.but I agree that Leyland Buses are very much preferred in Highranges as well as midlands-atleast in kerala.
Old 29th May 2009, 08:59   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@Ashley Nair:Leyland bus numbers in KSRTC(kerala) are decreasing.many traditional leyland routes are now having tata buses.but I agree that Leyland Buses are very much preferred in Highranges as well as midlands-atleast in kerala.
Curious to know why AL is losing its STU market. For example, MSRTC is also switching over to Tatas, and decades-old AL depots have been converted. BEST in Bombay City buys only CNG-powered Tatas now - this used to be a 100% AL market till 3 years ago. DTC also went the same way. These 2 may be explained away as the Tata's CNG engine advantage, but what about STUs like KSRTC and MSRTC?
Old 29th May 2009, 09:08   #1199
D.Surya

those tatas look good

Whoa, that is a tata truck!!!!! Damn it definitely makes me proud to see one of those. they have come a long way.

It looks great, looks really competitive on an international front. It could be biting the heels of scania, volvo, iveco and all.

Hope it as good as it looks, and does not suffer from all the problems of usual tata passenger cars...

Fingers crossed....

Old 29th May 2009, 09:19   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Curious to know why AL is losing its STU market. For example, MSRTC is also switching over to Tatas, and decades-old AL depots have been converted. BEST in Bombay City buys only CNG-powered Tatas now - this used to be a 100% AL market till 3 years ago. DTC also went the same way. These 2 may be explained away as the Tata's CNG engine advantage, but what about STUs like KSRTC and MSRTC?
Heard that there is substantial difference in running costs between similar Tata and AL buses. I hail from a part of Kerala where I had seen just two Tata buses in my childhood! But now there are quite a few around!

This rumour (which strangely orginates from Kerala) of AL pulling better than Tata does not sound right. I have seen Tata used in Himachal and WB in pretty steep inclines. Even in Kerala I know a few routes in Ghats that use Tata (the right chassis; not the normal 1610) where AL has failed.

Forget about it, if an overloaded SE 1610 can pull up an incline I do not see a Tata bus chassis (which will often weigh less) struggling.

But does rural owners know enough to choose the right chassis for their routes? In this regard KSRTC (Kerala) is not a reliable proof. STUs (even the most successful ones) are not known for their fleet optimization.

Last edited by Trapezio : 29th May 2009 at 09:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks