Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:08   #1336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Spotted this massive machine on my way to Jaisalmer. Does anyone know what exactly it is ?
Attachment 153158
It's either Kenworth or Oshkosh, oil-field truck owned by ONGC!
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:13   #1337
nbr
BHPian

One more to be added

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ santoshnair,
You are talking a perfect thing, Laxmi Motors used Leyland Back Engine Cruisers for their Mumbai-Goa route. Their office is opposite to my building in Dadar.
The main advantage of these buses is that due to height provided, so that light of opposing vehicle doesn't falls directly in the passenger's eye; their used to have more space for carrying luggage & couriers.
I think that both these buses are Goa registered, non a/c but well comfortable. Body building work is done by Sutlej.
Both the buses used to have Jesus Cross at the back & big OM on the front grill.
Mixing the traditions of Hindus & Christians !!!

Bluelines had introduced dual axle double decker buses between Udupi and Bangalore few years back. It had a rear engine supplied by Mercedes Benz. they had charged a huge premium on these buses and i had seen these buses two or three times. Most of the time,that bus was seen parked in a petrol bunk next to the Udupi dhwara. I guess this was the first bus dual axled bus launched in India.

Last edited by nbr : 3rd July 2009 at 20:14. Reason: word
Old 6th July 2009, 11:36   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
And anyways, I wonder why AL doesnt come with a standard cowl like Tata.
The cowl is indeed present, what you dont see is the skin panel covering the cowl as on a Tata. Infact I have seen a few Tata's without the skin panel. I have seen quite a few AL's with a built up front panel.
Old 8th July 2009, 00:23   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Some interesting stuffs for CV-lovers:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...on-2020-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tros-axor.html
Old 17th July 2009, 12:07   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Spotted multiple times this week : Rigid truck in the 25-tonne category sporting Tata's new world truck cab. Though it seemed to struggle just as much as its current brethren from Tata while going up even very slight inclines.

The Mahindra Navistars , on the other hand, seem to have more of a gutsy heart from the way they attain highway speeds or move up inclines.

On another note, read somewhere that MAN-Force has launched their 25 tonne truck with a 220 bhp engine, which I believe is the most powerful one in its category in India. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:33   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Though it seemed to struggle just as much as its current brethren from Tata while going up even very slight inclines.

On another note, read somewhere that MAN-Force has launched their 25 tonne truck with a 220 bhp engine, which I believe is the most powerful one in its category in India. Correct me if I am wrong.
You must have seen one of the 'poorer cousins' of the World truck with smaller engines specially developed for India so as to cater to those people who still rates fuel efficiency.

Tata has launched the LPK 2523 making it more powerful than the MAN.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:49   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Spotted multiple times this week : Rigid truck in the 25-tonne category sporting Tata's new world truck cab. Though it seemed to struggle just as much as its current brethren from Tata while going up even very slight inclines.

The Mahindra Navistars , on the other hand, seem to have more of a gutsy heart from the way they attain highway speeds or move up inclines.

do you have any snaps of the same so that we will be able to tell which truck that was exactly. i mean the engine specs. if you say it was 25 tonne and yet struggling, that too on a very light incline, i really doubt. even the lpt2515 glides smoothly on the inclines. without knowing how much loaded the truck was its hard to comment. even you might not be knowing which gear the driver was pulling it in.

the current offerings from TATAs range from 150 to 560 bhp, which are not only faster but also fuel efficient.

example :LPK 2530 TC 6x4 , 300 bhp

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 17th July 2009 at 19:57.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:40   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Your Jaws will drop

I travelled in a local intercity buy , a couple of weeks before

The bus starts at 4.55 am from the front of kodungaloor temple to sulthan battery via calicut

The body is built by shillibear(thrissur) and its a leyland (ordinary limited stop fast passenger)

the features are

2 ac vents for a 3 seat row (ac will be on full time)

2 Big LCD sreens

semisleeper seats

It has rear air suspension

blue led illumination , with ultra viloet lights

front and back automatic doors (in kerala automatic door for a local bus is a big thing)

the travel comfort is more than in a volvo

pin drop silence inside the bus , well insulated body

Here comes the most attractive thing , the charge is the same as in an ordinary limited stop bus , 3 rupee 50 paise (minimum)

will get the snaps next time
Old 18th July 2009, 04:59   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Tata has launched the LPK 2523 making it more powerful than the MAN.
I dont see the LPK 2523 listed on Tata Motors web site, neither under "India Products" nor under "Worldwide Products". Any links for it?

For that matter, Tata Motors product web site never seems to be updated. Many products are missing, such as the Tata Marcopolo Starbus bus, the Tata Hispano Globus bus, etc. I have written to Debasis Ray (TM spokesman).

/Venkat
Old 19th July 2009, 21:22   #1345
BHPian

Hope you have not missed these in India. Although this pic isnt in India. But we have these is Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-n1033131708_254473_7828.jpg  

Old 19th July 2009, 21:49   #1346
Senior - BHPian

which mini truck is this? 99.9% not TATA.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc08645.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc08644.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc08643.jpg  

Old 19th July 2009, 23:10   #1347
Senior - BHPian

This is probably a new facelifted ACE or maybe since it has a MH15 reg, it might be the ACE Competitor from Mahindra..

Nice catch there.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:22   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
This is probably a new facelifted ACE or maybe since it has a MH15 reg, it might be the ACE Competitor from Mahindra..

Nice catch there.
it is MH12, and facelifted ACE is different. it is the one we saw in Auto expo 2008.
Old 20th July 2009, 00:05   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Is that Hindustan Motor's truck? The Chinese brand, IIRC.

It could be the upcoming Mahindra too, as somebody mentioned earlier,
Old 20th July 2009, 08:48   #1350
BHPian

I am pretty sure it is a Tata. Look at the tail gate fasteners and the tail lamps. They look like straight out of the ACE parts bin.

Could it be the Tata Penguin?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks