Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 15:06   #1321
BHPian

Thanks Salil for the link.
The news is that Mercedes benz is also going to launch ultra moderm low floor buses in India, see CV Magazine of last month.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:55   #1322
santoshnair

can u pass me the link to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Check out post#1100 in this thread by Trassenger titled "Father of Indian Luxury Buses"

Old 2nd July 2009, 09:55   #1323
santoshnair

Check out post#1100 in this thread by Trassenger titled "Father of Indian Luxury Buses"

cant find this any where can anyone help

Old 2nd July 2009, 10:31   #1324
Senior - BHPian

santosh, here you go- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1223436
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:50   #1325
BHPian

AL upgrades

1. An AshokLeyland "Cheetah' chassis , with OE fitted JK radial tyres and modified wheel rim with 8 nos. vent holes (earlier it had only 4).
2. Also the instrument cluster on AL "Tarus 2214Super" chassis. It would have been better if AL put this type on buses too.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-003.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-002.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-001.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2009, 19:44   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Palakkad-Coimbatore(51kms) Sector is served by KSRTC and TNSTC(CBE).The Speed the Fast Passenger of KSRTC does this route is much better compared to TN Buses.The thing is ,TN Buses crawls at a constant speed unlike KSRTC.
Isn't it funny that both STU's using AL vikings/ Cheetas' have different running times??

Anyway - the accidents on KSRTC on this route are higher than TNSTC. And TNSTC drivers are more predictable while an overtaking or so. Last 2 weeks - on SH1 b/ween Muvatupuzha and koothattukulam you have to wait for atleast 5-6 kms to overtake a KSRTC on the uphill parts.

But still I hate TNSTC drivers on Erode - Coimbatore route , they are as maniacal as KSRTC.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:53   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
2. Also the instrument cluster on AL "Tarus 2214Super" chassis. It would have been better if AL put this type on buses too.
Gosh, what horrible quality of manufacturing! The instrument cluster metal/plastics look so tacky with holes cut/drilled poorly (as if without using any automated tools), the wiring harness dangling generally anywhere, the build and weld quality on the side metals look so poor.

And anyways, I wonder why AL doesnt come with a standard cowl like Tata.
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:16   #1328
BHPian

Bus designs

An AshokLeyland Viking222" bus owned by AIMS. The body built by "Shillibear" (Thrissur, Kerala) has tried to imitate volvo B7R designs.
And another Amrita School bus,Tata 1512LPO built by Sakthi, Karur.

Also some pics of Volvo B7R Mark3 bus operated by Coral Travels in Cochin-Vailankanni route.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-006.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-005.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-004.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-015.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-014.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-013.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-012.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-010.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-picture-011.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2009, 11:13   #1329
santoshnair

Quote:
1. An AshokLeyland "Cheetah' chassis , with OE fitted JK radial tyres and modified wheel rim with 8 nos. vent holes (earlier it had only 4).

true wht cant teh STUs have this type on buses it wld be good for driver ocmfort as well....

Old 3rd July 2009, 11:16   #1330
santoshnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post

thnks buddy.....there were couple of buses used for kolhapur as i mentioned before parked near the somiyaa medical college campus on the eastern express highwaya...they were alo back engine cruisers ....they were majestic i still wonder AL started it and they lagging back in a big way none of their buses are on the super luxury rangel ike b9rs or the MBs

Old 3rd July 2009, 11:56   #1331
BANNED

So now Zorro rides a Volvo B7R in Kerala.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:58   #1332
BANNED

Quote:
The Cheetah chassis is meant for buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Gosh, what horrible quality of manufacturing! The instrument cluster metal/plastics look so tacky with holes cut/drilled poorly (as if without using any automated tools), the wiring harness dangling generally anywhere, the build and weld quality on the side metals look so poor.
That is supposed to be integrated into a body by the buyer / his body builder. And they will add more holes and wires (and organise them too) while building the body.

Quote:
And anyways, I wonder why AL doesnt come with a standard cowl like Tata.
+1 to that. Nothing pro-AL for that stand.

IMHO, the practise of (practically) DIY body building by heavy vehicle operators is playing havoc with road safety. Just look at the LCV / MCV (goods vehicles) on the road. There would be "crash guards" at the sides, between the front and rear wheels, which protect smaller vehicles in case of side collisions, and also strong tubular bars at the rear end - to protect the tailgating.

Most LCVs and MCVs (that is, with less than 10 tonne payload) come with factory built bodies. In organised manufacturing, the manufacturer cannot afford to violate the rules while building bodies.

These crash guards would not be present in case of heavy vehicles (10tonne and more pay load) - because the body is built in the "disorganised" sector.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:10   #1333
BHPian

The Cheetah chassis is meant for the buses, usually regular i.e. not low floor buses.
These buses are widely used by Maharashtra State road Transport corporation (MSRTC).
Here is the pic, sorry for the poor picture quality.
The rounded portion is where the cheetah plate is placed.
Attached Images

Old 3rd July 2009, 15:45   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
thnks buddy.....there were couple of buses used for kolhapur as i mentioned before parked near the somiyaa medical college campus on the eastern express highwaya...they were alo back engine cruisers ....they were majestic i still wonder AL started it and they lagging back in a big way none of their buses are on the super luxury rangel ike b9rs or the MBs
I think it's the "Autorola" monocoque body bus, that was built by Sai Group, Pune. Remember reading an article on it in Car&Bike magazine long time ago. The AC i think was driven by a Kirloskar engine, if i remember right.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:56   #1335
santoshnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
I think it's the "Autorola" monocoque body bus, that was built by Sai Group, Pune. Remember reading an article on it in Car&Bike magazine long time ago. The AC i think was driven by a Kirloskar engine, if i remember right.

i guess so they were abs rocket buses and i used to envy people travelling in it
also on luxura apart from the pics i had posted never seen any on road tho it seems APSRTC has ordered 100 of them and r running quite a few....any one on updates on this or any pics

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks