Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 19:12   #1381
santoshnair

hi

travelled by aero express today...its an ashley bus .... its a good service and if ur travelling alone its cost effective as well...the AC is good thes eats r fine charging point per seat no air suspension tho which is surprising body by TVS Irizar...will upload pics tommm as i m at the airport....hey any more pics of the garib rath bus looks good tho

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation and capitalization properly. Avoid the use of SMS language. You must take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th July 2009 at 16:45. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
  Received Infraction
Old 29th July 2009, 20:38   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I too saw these busses, they are better built and nice color, but the height seemed to me similar to the regular ones.

Although I am yet to see or travel in these buses, a few of my friends were kind to send me some pictures. From the pictures, I managed to find that these buses are built on Ashok Leyland Viking SLF chassis. Their floor is surely lower than normal buses. However, the body roof seemed to be of normal height. The window design has been slightly changed (the openable area has increased).

Body is built by KMS and Veera Vahana. I'll get more details and pics once back in town. (In Kerala since end of May)
Old 29th July 2009, 23:14   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Has anybody got a chance to get into the new BMTC buses from AL? They are painted sky blue all round. The front looks similar to the Suvarna's or Suvarna Pushpak's, with multiple round tail lamps, but have larger window panes than these Suvarna's.

Somehow, the chassis looks lower than the semi-low floor ones, or maybe it's just a feel thing.
I usually see those buses in the Old Airport Road.

Commercial Vehicle Thread-dsc01643.jpg
Old 31st July 2009, 16:01   #1384
BHPian

Jnnurm Bus Share

According to the latest press release by Ashok Leyland once again, they lead in the bus segment with the largest share in JNNURM won by them as on date.
Ref: "Commercial Vehicle Manufacturer | Tractor Trailer"

Recently TN has placed order for 1000 Semi-LF fullybuilt buses with Leyland and 500 nos. with TataMotors. Leyland will have the body built by IRIZAR-TVS.

The STU of Kerala(240), TN ChennaiMTC(1000), BEST(500) etc has picked Leyland for maximum numbers. Meanwhile Tata, who was leading untill last month (June) has been picked by Delhi(1600), UP(1300) etc.

Can somebody get the split-up of Karnataka, AP, Maharashtra, Rajasthan etc
Old 31st July 2009, 17:39   #1385
santoshnair

Aero Express PIcs

Please find the pics of Aero Express buses...any idea on th FULLY LOW FLOOR ASHLEY BUSES
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-img00753.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-img00754.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-img00755.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-img00752.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-img00750.jpg  

Old 31st July 2009, 18:36   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Can somebody get the split-up of Karnataka, AP, Maharashtra, Rajasthan etc
For Mumbai its 800 non AC buses from AL (550 normal and 250 MIDI) and 200 Kinglong AC. No Tatas. Its really a pity that BEST went in for Kinglongs. Tata Marcopolo AC buses are much better compared to Kinglong, and the track record of Kinglongs in Mumbai is nothing to write home about. Failures are very common, including 3 incidents of buses catching fire.
Old 1st August 2009, 15:28   #1387
Senior - BHPian

How often have you seen AMW trucks on road. I have seen them only once deployed by contractor who are building the palanpur udaipur expressway. Well they started shop in 2002, but I must say it takes a lot to start a CV unit from scratch. AMW Trucks - AMW PS: somehow image upload is not working. hence the link

Last edited by SirAlec : 1st August 2009 at 15:30.
Old 2nd August 2009, 01:30   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
How often have you seen AMW trucks on road. I have seen them only once deployed by contractor who are building the palanpur udaipur expressway. Well they started shop in 2002, but I must say it takes a lot to start a CV unit from scratch. AMW Trucks - AMW PS: somehow image upload is not working. hence the link
I have seen them on atleast 4-5 occasions near dahisar, Mumbai. I think they were the 4930 tractors / trailers. Looks good.
I was thinking they were some isuzu or something, until i checked that AMW website.

cheers.
Old 2nd August 2009, 01:57   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I have seen AMWs pretty often in WB,with their shiny garish grilles.Does'nt lool bad IMO.
Old 2nd August 2009, 08:18   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I have seen AMWs pretty often in WB,with their shiny garish grilles.Does'nt lool bad IMO.
lotsa times. I see them in our office premises. Well I work for L&T in bangalore where excavators are manufactured. The AMW's are always there as part of the transporters. apart from the very" chinese" looking chrome grilles, they look good.
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:20   #1391
Senior - BHPian

This is the New PMPML bus in pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-bus.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-bus-rear.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2009, 21:27   #1392
Senior - BHPian

i dont understand one thing why does PMPL most of the time avoid buying buses with longer front overhangs.
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:06   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
i dont understand one thing why does PMPL most of the time avoid buying buses with longer front overhangs.
I believe these buses are ones hired by PMPML... From what I observed, the owned ones have an overhang. I may be wrong, though...
Old 2nd August 2009, 22:43   #1394
BANNED

fx45 and bnaiks, why should vehicles have "front overhang"?

(It is not that overhand is possible, this is about why are you mentioning it at all?)
Old 3rd August 2009, 02:23   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
fx45 and bnaiks, why should vehicles have "front overhang"?

(It is not that overhand is possible, this is about why are you mentioning it at all?)
I am not an automobile engr, but intuition tells me that the bus will be better balanced and will give better ride/handling if it has a larger front overhang. Moreover, buses look way much better when they have a large front overhang.

Indeed, the ACGL PMPML bus looks horrendous to me. I have seen somewhat similarly built ACGL buses that TMT (of Thane) purchased 10 years ago. These buses age very badly. The stupidest design in those TMT buses (and also in the pictured PMPML bus, I think) was the lack of a window for the rearmost seats (ie. seats located behind the rear entrance). Gosh, how suffocating those seats would be in the summer in a crowded bus.

Also, for some reason Tata doesnt seem to get its large-front-overhang (LPO) bus-on-truck chassis right. They dont look as elegant as the AL buses. I'm not able to put my finger on exactly why, but something about the Tata large-front overhang buses (eg. the Tata CNG buses in BEST fleet) makes them look wierdly built. Perhaps it is bcoz AL buses slope forward when unloaded (which makes them look elegant, and is the way buses are sloped in developed countries), whereas Tata buses slope slightly backwards or are more or less horizontal when unloaded?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks