Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2008, 13:53   #571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So....ALL sells it as a cowl and chassis model also. Though it looks much better with their new sleeper(?) cab.

Attachment 44529

I have seen this cab before (on a tractor) and it looks rather cool. Does ALL also sell the 4921 as a chassis ?
That's from the so-called NEWGEN series. The cab was locally developed by AL using parts from the Iveco cab they used to license-manufacture earlier and which they still manufacture after the expiry of the license. The doors and the side panels are lifted straight from the Iveco cab. The front and rear panels are wider and new. Grill is mostly plastic. This cab looks good only in pics. Examine it closely and the relatively poor fit and finish becomes evident. Although an improvement on earlier AL designs, it's not yet international standard.

AL is said to be working on all-new cabs and hopefully they'll be of a much better quality comparable to the likes of Volvo.
Old 2nd September 2008, 21:02   #572
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Fan View Post
How is a depressed channel in any way different from an elevated one when it comes to the problem of passenger embarkation?
You have to think.
Read up real-world (not fantasy) elevated highways and real-world countersunk roadways. If you still can't come up with the answer, I'll tell you.
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:01   #573
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
But just a thought, atleast for trucks, I assume the most important factor (I guess the only) in a transporter's brand decision would be Total Cost of Ownership that also relates to per kg or tonne transportation cost per km!

Now how does that relate to a buying decision towards a Volvo, Actros or maybe a MAN as opposed to a (maybe slightly lower spec) equivalent in a Tata, Ashok Leyland or (now) AMW? That assuming the former trucks cost much more than the Indian versions.
TCO may not be the end-all factor!
Other factors:
  • Status Symbol.
  • Airconditioned, low NVH cab for the crew.
  • What if he's an owner-driver?
  • Overall load carrying capacity
  • Safety
  • Speed
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:46   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
AL is said to be working on all-new cabs and hopefully they'll be of a much better quality comparable to the likes of Volvo.
Just learnt that this new series will be launched post 2010 and has been designated by AL as NEXTGEN. It will be an all-new product range that'll replace the NEWGEN series. The cabs will have modular construction, just like Tata's upcoming world truck. AL plans to export at least 15% of the output. Quality levels will be much better.

Last edited by directinjection : 3rd September 2008 at 10:48.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:58   #575
Senior - BHPian

has anyone seen any TATA WINGER AMBULANCE lately? this is the 1st time i am seeing one.
the photo is taken from my cell so bear with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-030908_042446.jpg  

Last edited by amit V8 : 4th September 2008 at 00:07.
Old 6th September 2008, 13:01   #576
Senior - BHPian

Heavy duty tractors.

Why dont we see more AL Hippos and Beavers being used as medium - heavy duty tractors? How expensive it is (in all respects) as compared to their other models/tata (eg, the Tata 4018) models currently being deployed to pull stuff like car carriers?
I have seen very few of those on the highways, far fewer in number than even FH12s. They must surely be (much) cheaper than those.

Commercial Vehicle Thread-acc_fmboiler.jpg
Old 7th September 2008, 07:32   #577
Senior - BHPian

Saw this coach for the first time. Its seems coachs name is SHEENA. Anyway its good looking & well build. Any idea who are the coach builder.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-img_6679.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-img_6678.jpg  

Old 7th September 2008, 12:30   #578
Senior - BHPian

how were the wheels? was it like those on volvos? or was it ordinry with wheel caps?
Old 7th September 2008, 13:21   #579
Senior - BHPian

either its some new chinese chasis or Tata 1610 or some AL chasis. but build quality looks good.
Old 9th September 2008, 00:40   #580
Senior - BHPian

does anyone know anything about cobus 3000 buses used on bangalore international airport?

it seems they are twice as long compared to the regular bus,does anyone have pics?
i havent seen them in flesh
Old 9th September 2008, 06:00   #581
Ram
Senior - BHPian

MAN Force CLA 25.280 rock-body tipper

Spotted this brand new 6x4 MAN Force CLA 25.280 rock-body tipper at the Khalapur-Sajgaon HP gas station.

Commercial Vehicle Thread-fronton.jpg

The 25 ton truck had a 16 cubic meter rock-body tipper by the Dutch company Hyva.

Hyva have manufacturing plants in New Bombay, Bangalore, Germany , Brazil and China. Apparently 30% of Hyva's Global demand is fulfiled from the New Bombay factory.

The steel bodies are welded using MIG(metal inert gas) Welding with Mixed Argon Gas. Some quality!

The rear axles have planetary-hub reduction for torque multiplication (by MAN).

Commercial Vehicle Thread-fullside.jpg
Note the torque-multiplying planetary-hubs on the two rear axles

Its straight-six MAN D0836 6.9 litre turbo-diesel engine is a two-stage turbo supercharged, intercooled, common rail diesel with external cooled exhaust-gas recirculation (EGR).

It puts out 280 bhp @ 2400 rpm and 1100 Nm of torque over a flat 1300-1700 rpm. It has a ZF 9S-1310 nine-speed gear box.
It is Euro-III (upgradable to Euro-IV) pollution compliant.

Commercial Vehicle Thread-leftcab.jpg
Note the mirror with which the driver can see where he is positioning his offside front-wheel.

The chassis and airconditioned cab is made at Pithampur and the rock-body tipper at New Bombay. Street price is Rs. 29.5 L (Sept. 2008).

Ram
Old 9th September 2008, 06:04   #582
BHPian

I think HYVA supplies both ALL and TATA too.. I've seen ALL dumpers with HYVA atleat 2 years back.
Old 9th September 2008, 06:27   #583
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
I think HYVA supplies both ALL and TATA too..
TATA Motors, Scania, Ashok Leyland ,Volvo-India, MAN Force India, Daimler Chrysler, Iveco, DAF, EicherMotors and Asia Motor Works (AMW) too. They put up their Jamshedpur plant in 2001, then moved it to Adityapur, Jharkhand on the other bank (west) of the river Kharkai in 2007.
The MAN Force Hyva combination made in India was exhibited at the Hannover International Auto Fair.

Last edited by Ram : 9th September 2008 at 06:28. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 9th September 2008, 09:21   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
how were the wheels? was it like those on volvos? or was it ordinry with wheel caps?
it was a regular wheel caps. I feel its on regular Tata or AL chassis as its front engine.
Old 9th September 2008, 09:49   #585
Senior - BHPian

irzar tvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
guys tk a look at these pics of leyland luxura
is irzar a forigen company
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks