Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 05:37   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisay0909
Guys this is a Nitrogen pumping Unit from Halliburton Energy Services: world's third largest oil field servicing company for which i am currently working in Saudi Arabia.
Interesting.

Reliance, eh? Guessed so. Any idea why these trucks are being brought in on temporary registration to transport these goods? I bet our local Volvos could handle these loads as well...mysterious...some export redemptions for these sort of schemes perhaps? Maybe for the KG basin work..?

Ah yes....now that people mention it, I do remember the engines being super-smooth and silent...the driver/assistant looked super-comfy in their air conditioned havens....wonder what it'd be like to drive those....

Any idea which engine's in this particular model (although most of their models exceed 400 horses and 120 kgm of torque)?
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:17   #662
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pics veyron1.

There is an old Mack B-83 being used by the government in Pune (and which sports a private registration IIRC). It must be around 50 years old.
It has been posted by karlosdeville here : Old mack in Pune.
Old 31st October 2008, 10:45   #663
Senior - BHPian

I caught a fleeting glimpse of an Isuzu bus today morning while I was on my way to work.
As I was traveling in the opposite direction in another bus, I am not totally sure, but it appeared to be a full sized rear-engined bus, on the lines of the Kinglong/Volvo etc buses. Couldnt catch a glimpse of the registration, to know if it was undergoing testing.
Has anybody else seen a similar bus ?
Old 31st October 2008, 13:13   #664
Senior - BHPian

my 1st look at the MAN/FORCE CLA-49.280 18 wheeler troller. its massive, its huge & its awesome.

TATA please for god's sake stop making the 1510 & do something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-311008_004019.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-311008_004232.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-311008_004300.jpg  

Commercial Vehicle Thread-311008_004334.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 31st October 2008, 13:31   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
TATA please for god's sake stop making the 1510 & do something like this.
Tata is about to phase out its entire range of MCVs and HCVs when it launches the world truck series it's been working on for quite a few years now. These modern trucks would have been launched by now but for non-availability of land for vendors at the plant site, a la Singur, although without any agitation or dispute.

Even now similar trucks are available from Tata, sourced from its Korean subsidiary - the Novus range.
Old 31st October 2008, 13:36   #666
Senior - BHPian

ok folks i am having a confusion, we had talked about those Ford CMP trucks earlier on. i found these pics which i would like to share with you all

CarDatabase.net -

this is the same truck which is named Chevrolet Blitz

and here

CarDatabase.net - Ford Canada

this is another pic where it is named Ford Canada. So which vehicle is this ?
Old 31st October 2008, 14:14   #667
nbr
BHPian

Its a Genuine Mercedes bus from Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The Mercedes Benz bus definitely looks like a sticker job. Its most possibly a Tata or Leyland rear engined chassis, difinitely not Benz. Looks too much like B7R and Benz would not put up the 3 pointed star on the mirrors

It is a genuine Mercedes Benz bus from Sharma overdone with the stickering. Sharma has overdone its stickering on all its buses. Infact it is one of the starting Mercedes buses to be launched in India
Old 31st October 2008, 17:29   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I caught a fleeting glimpse of an Isuzu bus today morning while I was on my way to work.
As I was traveling in the opposite direction in another bus, I am not totally sure, but it appeared to be a full sized rear-engined bus, on the lines of the Kinglong/Volvo etc buses. Couldnt catch a glimpse of the registration, to know if it was undergoing testing.
Has anybody else seen a similar bus ?
Didnt even know they had a plant. Are you sure its not some overenthu bodybuilder who put ISUZU logos on an AL bus.
Old 31st October 2008, 17:41   #669
Senior - BHPian

Well well the past week was a treat in terms of the commercial vehicles i saw. I saw the Volvo container carrier and Man trucks and also a truck by the name of AMW.

Well Amw had a brilliant look with a great paint job which made it look good. Many were on the way to sholapur on the mum-hyd highway.

The man trucks look huge but i didnt like the placement and look of the lights as they were normal to look at. The sign of Man was awesome.
Sorry no pics
Old 31st October 2008, 21:43   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Tata is about to phase out its entire range of MCVs and HCVs when it launches the world truck series it's been working on for quite a few years now. These modern trucks would have been launched by now but for non-availability of land for vendors at the plant site, a la Singur, although without any agitation or dispute.

Even now similar trucks are available from Tata, sourced from its Korean subsidiary - the Novus range.
funny news you have given. tata phasing out all MCV and HCV
whats the source of the news by the way? for your kind information SINGUR is no where linked with World Truck. World truck Assembly line is fully equipped with modern automated assembly lines in TATA's Jamshedpur plant.
and tata is not going to phase any model to replace it with world truck. world truck is damn costly dude.
Old 31st October 2008, 22:27   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Didnt even know they had a plant. Are you sure its not some overenthu bodybuilder who put ISUZU logos on an AL bus.
There was an Isuzu logo below the wiper blades , just where the windscreen met the metal part. Did not quite look like the work of a local body builder.

Also, see this page :

Swaraj Mazda Isuzu bus engine specifications
Old 31st October 2008, 22:55   #672
BHPian

hI rAM,
The red symbol switches on MAN dashboard are used to activate the the inter-axle lock and differential lock system to allocate torque to pull out the truck from difficult gradients.

Also, the gears are shifted using the high-low switch below the gear knob. Its called the range arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
kpzen: Thanks for your post and the pics.

How do you know the truck has a GPS system?
Do you have a pic of the GPS user interface?

Interesting that the tank trailer was Chinese made, as evident from the Fuwa trailer axles made by GuangDong Fuwa Engg. Mfg Co., Ltd.

Point of information: Does anybody know the difference between inboard drum axles and outboard drum axles?

Glifford,
The gearbox is the ZF 9S-1310 nine-speed gearbox.
It has 8 forward speeds plus Overdrive.

Speed ratios of 1:9.48 to 1:0.75

So one would imagine that there has to be some extraneous mechanism to select 5th gear after 4th.

Another issue would be how to select the 9th gear "O" for Overdrive after 8th gear.

Also baffled by those switches. If I were to hazard a guess, they could be for higher-model CLA 49.280
to select between 6x2 mode and 6x4 mode.

Ram
Old 1st November 2008, 02:21   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
There was an Isuzu logo below the wiper blades , just where the windscreen met the metal part. Did not quite look like the work of a local body builder.

Also, see this page :

Swaraj Mazda Isuzu bus engine specifications
Yup, looks like its is the Swaraj ISUZU. New 40 seater bus launched and nobody knows. wah! what great marketing. Lets update Gilford's list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Volvo B7R: Cost: 75l, Seats: 45
Mercedes Sutlej O 500 R: Cost: 80l, Seats:? Read that it looks smaller than the B7R
Volvo B9R: Cost: 85l, Seats: 53
Swaraj Isuzu: Cost =59Lakhs Seats=40
Old 1st November 2008, 21:29   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
funny news you have given. tata phasing out all MCV and HCV
There's nothing funny about it. Tata plans to replace its existing range of MCVs and HCVs by the World Truck series.

Quote:
whats the source of the news by the way?
Here's one source of the news. There are others too:

Tata Motors’ world truck to replace current models - The Financial Express

Quote:
for your kind information SINGUR is no where linked with World Truck.
Did I say that Singur is linked with the World Truck? I only said that there have been problems in land acquisition for vendors for this project. This is what has delayed the launch of the World Truck. I had also said specifically that there has been no dispute or agitation in this regard. So what makes you confused?

Here are some details of the land acquistion problems associated with the World Truck project:

Tata Motors world truck project hits roadblock - The Financial Express

Quote:
World truck Assembly line is fully equipped with modern automated assembly lines in TATA's Jamshedpur plant.
So? Have I denied that anywhere?

Quote:
and tata is not going to phase any model to replace it with world truck. world truck is damn costly dude.
The plan is to phase out but the typical dynamics of Indian market may force them to retain the existing range. As an auto enthusiast, I sincerely hope the existing range of below-international class CVs is phased out. The auto revolution we have witnessed in India during the last decade and a half has so far bypassed the CV sector. One hopes the proposed Truck Body code comes into effect soon. It'll make a lot of the existing Indian CVs illegal.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:36   #675
nbr
BHPian

Its a Swaraj Mazda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Yup, looks like its is the Swaraj ISUZU. New 40 seater bus launched and nobody knows. wah! what great marketing. Lets update Gilford's list
Swaraj Isuzu: Cost =59Lakhs Seats=40

Even i have seen a Golden colour bus near metro in Bangalore twrds Nice road
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks