Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 19:40   #781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Regarding the interiors, why is BEST sticking for plastic seats in the buses. The are low quality and not comfortable as metal and wooden ones. Personally experienced it.
The newer buses are having the old type metal-wood seats. There are at least 10 brand new buses with old design seats.
Old 1st December 2008, 20:29   #782
Senior - BHPian

The newer BEST buses which are being allotted in Deonar Depot are now back again fitted with old style seats and the normal up down windos instead of the sliding ones which were recently introduced.

Seems BEST is taking the Back to Basics Theory for their upcoming newly delivered buses.

THe first one to see this new-old change is MHO1LA 6663
Old 2nd December 2008, 17:07   #783
BHPian

Well this is something that i found. Earlier Mahindra and Navistar had done a tie up on jointly designing and developing CVs. The first product is out, wonder why it missed public and media attention. Its called the Navistar Neobus midibus(below), isnt ground breaking design. But will definitely come with the reliability that M&M is known for.
Attached Thumbnails
Commercial Vehicle Thread-foto_sys_afbeeldingen_afbeelding_369.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2008, 19:23   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I guess you are talking about the seats arranged side-wise. Volvo doesn't have such seats. Instead, the wheel base is designed in a different fashion, thereby enabling them to have "normal" seats on them. A full "two-seater" is placed on the wheel well, in a manner that the "base" of the seat is mounted on the well. (I am at loss of words to explain it clearly).

The front overhang on the Volvo is also longer than the Marcopolo. Thus, they could have the two-piece front door, as well as a seat ahead of the wheel-well. Look at the attached image. The single seat, near the door, is mounted on one side of the "Wheel-well", while the seat facing "backward" is on the other side of the well.

In the attached image, you'd see that the seat that front end is raised, much higher than the other seats. I've added an approximate drawing of how the layout looks like (Note: It is NOT to scale).
I dont think so that these kinds of seating arrangement would be advisable on intra city buses, atleast in India. Buses are MASS movers in India where people dont give much a care for the aesthetics. Older bench seats are better as it also gives enough passage way for more to stand.

I know its a pretty 'old mans' view, but we need to be practical, atleast in India.
Old 2nd December 2008, 19:33   #785
Senior - BHPian

I travelled by the corona and found the engine lagging compare to a volvo. The suspension also made me sense all bumps.
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:59   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
It looks good but atleast they could have used better HL&TL.The first one has HL &TL lift off rom the first gen Sumo
No head or tail lights were designed by Tata for Sumo which was mostly built from pre-existing components borrowed from other vehicles. First gen Sumo TL is actually the regular 4-chamber TL that has been doing duty on Tata CVs since early 1980s, only that in Sumo it is affixed vertically, not horizontally. Its quality is highly substandard both in terms of illumination and bulb longivity. It has no reflectors. And yes, when affixed vertically (as in 1-Gen Sumo or Tata-Marco), it looks UGLY.

Even Ashok Leyland was using the same design till a few years back when they got the design altered a bit by redesigning the middle two chambers which have become a little thicker in the process, improving both aesthetics and illumination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
and the second one has the TL of the Victa.
Tata-Marcopolo buses do not use Victa TL (which is actually of much better quality). The picture here featuring TL of Victa isn't a Tata-Marco bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The bus had a Manual Transmission. (According to the driver, the other bus given to BMTC has an Auto Box).
All Tata-Marcos in Delhi have automatic, clutchless transmission. Even the non-AC ones.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:14   #787
Senior - BHPian

just asking for GK:
which trucks are the best among these- tata, ashok leyland or eicher?
Old 3rd December 2008, 21:56   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Well this is something that i found. Earlier Mahindra and Navistar had done a tie up on jointly designing and developing CVs. The first product is out, wonder why it missed public and media attention. Its called the Navistar Neobus midibus(below), isnt ground breaking design. But will definitely come with the reliability that M&M is known for.
First of all you need to indicate the source of your information. Secondly this bus is meant for Mexico and Latin America and I have not seen any news that the Mahindra JV will launch this.
Old 4th December 2008, 07:25   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
I dont think so that these kinds of seating arrangement would be advisable on intra city buses, atleast in India. Buses are MASS movers in India where people dont give much a care for the aesthetics. Older bench seats are better as it also gives enough passage way for more to stand.

I know its a pretty 'old mans' view, but we need to be practical, atleast in India.
Cannot agree with you sir! The talk is about the higher end buses in city - Volvos and other AC buses. The economy in India is still not powerful enough to use these buses as "MASS Movers", and such buses are still reserved for the privileged few.

The arrangement that I had mentioned is making full utlisation of space available inside, unlike the marco which is wasting space around its wheel wells.

Either I am understanding wrong, or you are replying to someone else
Old 4th December 2008, 09:02   #790
Senior - BHPian

Found this pretty interesting price list, which lists out the indicative prices from most CVs as well. Stumbled upon it on the government of Rajasthan's transport site, do not remember the exact URL.

Price List 2008-09.pdf
Old 4th December 2008, 10:00   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I travelled by the corona and found the engine lagging compare to a volvo. The suspension also made me sense all bumps.
It has to be lagging! Compared to the 290hp powering the Volvo, the Corona has a meagre 160hp Cummins engine!

I had a Volvo experience last night, and the driver was picking up to 100kmph with ease and on gradients! I loved the trip, especially since my seat was diagonally behind him, and I could see the speedo clearly!
Old 4th December 2008, 11:28   #792
BHPian

Guys... Any news on this Daimler Hero jv? I have heard that they were going to assemble some trucks in India.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:38   #793
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Found this pretty interesting price list, which lists out the indicative prices from most CVs as well. Stumbled upon it on the government of Rajasthan's transport site, do not remember the exact URL.

Attachment 76290
Where are the Volvos?
Old 4th December 2008, 20:46   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
First of all you need to indicate the source of your information. Secondly this bus is meant for Mexico and Latin America and I have not seen any news that the Mahindra JV will launch this.
This is the link.

Busworld.org portal | All the latest information about the world of buses and coaches

I didnt say this is coming to India, neither i rules that out. This was jointly designed/devloped by Mahindra and so was happy about it and shared the same.
Old 4th December 2008, 20:47   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
just asking for GK:
which trucks are the best among these- tata, ashok leyland or eicher?
I thins its the Leyland.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks