Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 10:09   #211
Senior - BHPian

Shama was famous for good timings/services but now a days, they too don't drive fast may be because their buses are old. Me too had some similar problem with Shama once and they changed the bus at Coimbatore.

I traveled on SRM multi few times which leaves Vyttila at 10.30pm and reaching Bangalore at 6.45/7am and the drive/staff were very pleasant.
Old 8th October 2009, 16:38   #212
santoshnair

Mum - Hyd Bus Journey

I travelled by multi axle Sree Kaleshwari, good bus very smooth at high speeds.
It was a new bus well maintained and looked after.
Return was on a B7R PUN Travels...pathetic i can say AC not working and rough suspension.

But the tragedy of all this was the places they stop for dinner.
Sree Kaleshwari has an ISO 9002 certification but the places they stop for dinner it leaves much to be desired.
I guess the Bus Travel Industry has still to mature in giving comfort to Passengers at all levels which includes the vehicle and the journey.

Of all the places which have good toilets and restaurants they all stop at a place where toilets are next to being called worse than shauchalays and restaurants so dimly lit and badly serviced in my 3 trips to hyderabad by bus i saw only the driver and couple of people actually having food and every one cursing them for stopping at such a lowly place.

I understand the drivers get free food from these places but dont the owners and the managment in general have a responsibility towards the passengers because only we we all travel will they all earn money and keep a job.

It was too sad a journey tarvelling by a magnificent multi axle beauty of a beast in a Bus and having to endure such terrible inhuman facilities at hotels.

Old 3rd November 2009, 12:46   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to travel by a Volvo bus from HiTec City to Bangalore this weekend and have the option of Kanrnataka SRTC, AP SRTC and the private operators like Diwakar, Kesineni, HKB, Dhanunjaya and Sree Kaleswari.

Can someone please guide me as to the best option to go for? KSRTC/APSRTC have very limited services from HiTec City and looks like I am bound for a private operator!

Which one and what to lok out for? I am definitely packing food or will have dinner before boarding so food is less of a concern.

Any help will be highly appreciated :-)
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:53   #214
BANNED

I don't know where Jadcherla is in HYD, but my colleague in Hyderabad booked tickets online for HYD - Bangalore sometime back on the KSRTC website for the 6th November evening - 19:00 hrs. I just confirmed with him and he said there are a lot of seats available.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:00   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Spitfire. Will look again at the KSRTC site.

Unfortunately, Jadcherla is a town between Hyd and BLR and it signifies the route the bus will take. Will figure where the KSRTC Volvo leaves from near Hitec. It probably leaves from the MG Bus Station (MGBS) though.

Doubt it comes towards Hitec which is a pity as the 2213 service would suit me perfectly!

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd November 2009 at 13:02. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:16   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, Spitfire. Will look again at the KSRTC site.

Unfortunately, Jadcherla is a town between Hyd and BLR and it signifies the route the bus will take. Will figure where the KSRTC Volvo leaves from near Hitec. It probably leaves from the MG Bus Station (MGBS) though.

Doubt it comes towards Hitec which is a pity as the 2213 service would suit me perfectly!
There are KSRTC buses from Hyderabad to Bangalore at frequent intervals post 7PM, starting from Imlibun bus stand or MGBS. I dont suppose they would be too crowded, and you should be able to procure seats easily.

If you book via APSRTC Volvo or A/C buses, you have the option to wait in air-conditioned comfort at the bus stand.

Getting from HiTec city to MGBS will be a bit of a bother, although you should be well-connected.
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:58   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, Thanks for the info.

I DID register and check out the KSRTC site but am worried about how much time I will need to get to MGBS. I can start no earlier than 2100 with a Yellow/Green Cab so is it feasible to reach MGBS by 2200?

I would much rather entrust my life to a KSRTC/APSRTC than a private operator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
There are KSRTC buses from Hyderabad to Bangalore at frequent intervals post 7PM, starting from Imlibun bus stand or MGBS. I dont suppose they would be too crowded, and you should be able to procure seats easily.

If you book via APSRTC Volvo or A/C buses, you have the option to wait in air-conditioned comfort at the bus stand.

Getting from HiTec city to MGBS will be a bit of a bother, although you should be well-connected.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:03   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, Thanks for the info.

I DID register and check out the KSRTC site but am worried about how much time I will need to get to MGBS. I can start no earlier than 2100 with a Yellow/Green Cab so is it feasible to reach MGBS by 2200?

I would much rather entrust my life to a KSRTC/APSRTC than a private operator!
While i am not too familiar with the current traffic scene in Hyderabad, i have my doubts on you being able to make it to MGBS from Hitec city in an hour, that too assuming you would be making this trip on a Friday evening. You would have bitten out all your nails by the time you get there.

Why dont you try and find out if there is any other place where you could try to board the bus? Also, is the last bus the one at 2200 hours?
Old 3rd November 2009, 15:46   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, thanks again for the info.

Have booked on the 2213 KSRTC Volvo from MGBS and will now leave at 2030 from Hi-Tec just to be sure. That should hopefully do..

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd November 2009 at 15:46. Reason: Typo
Old 8th November 2009, 12:43   #220
BHPian

Mercedes to run triple-axle luxury coaches in India next fiscal

2009-10-09 22:30:00 business news

Premium auto maker Mercedes-Benz plans to roll out triple-axle intercity luxury coaches on Indian roads in financial year 2010-2011, a top company official said here Friday.
'We're planning to run triple-axle commercial vehicle on the Indian roads in the next 6-12 months. We have also decided to start trial of our three-axle vehicles,' Wilfried Aulbur, managing director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India Pvt Ltd, told media persons here during the launch of its third-generation heavy earth-moving vehicle - Actors 4841K.

He said the company was evaluating the three-axle premium commercial vehicle segment in India, as it was willing to enter this particular market.

Asked when exactly the company would foray into the triple-axle segment, Aulbur said: 'We'll get into that space in near future.'

He said Mercedes-Benz was setting up a manufacturing facility in Chennai as part of its Euro 700 million (Rs.4,500 crore) investment plan to produce commercial vehicles for the Indian volume market and export.
Old 9th November 2009, 11:42   #221
Senior - BHPian

Good progress..!! double axle to triple axle on Indian roads...

Ride is going to be smooth and competition to be tight !!
Old 10th November 2009, 18:15   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

Did HYD-BLR on KSRTC from MGBS to Mekhri Circle. Smooth trip although the bus was 1 hour late on arrrival.

Liked the driving style which was sedate but smooth as opposed to the faster private operators overtaking in a seemingly risky manner.

Would recommend KSRTC.
Old 19th November 2009, 08:56   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Kerala RTC online booking website is under construction for more than two years! Its nice to hear that the site is ready but don't know how much time still it will take to launch.
Kerala RTC online booking website is launched now.
http://www.keralartconline.com/
Old 19th November 2009, 11:51   #224
Team-BHP Support

Kallada Travels also has an online booking system now. This is the link :
:: KALLADA ::

I was told by a fellow passenger that Kallada would soon be introducing a multi-axle bus along the Bangalore-Adoor route. He says he saw posters about the same at the Adoor office. Personally, i feel its high time they upgraded the buses along this route. The current ones plying on this route are really old, and battered. Will post about my recent experiences with them shortly.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:44   #225
Senior - BHPian

Kallada operates multi axle between Kochi & Chennai other than Alleppy-Bangalore at present.
They are expected to start multi to Adoor from 1st Dec.

Yatra and Kallada had online booking for long but unlike others, only 2 or 4 seats were available for online booking.

Last edited by coolclouds : 19th November 2009 at 16:48.

Most Viewed