Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 09:41   #226
BHPian

I was told by a fellow passenger that Kallada would soon be introducing a multi-axle bus along the Bangalore-Adoor route. He says he saw posters about the same at the Adoor office.

Yes. That's correct. Yesterday evening kallada have taken delivery of two new multi-axles. Saw them in front of their office in madiwala around 10 pm . One is pink and other is red with design as other multi-axles. Mostly it will ply along TVM-BLR route,and they are also planning a multi - axle in kottarakara -blr route via Adoor. Kallada has placed order for 10 B9R's ,out of which 6 are on routes and 4 yet to be delivered.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:31   #227
Senior - BHPian

Majestic bus stand closes by next week

But BMTC Terminal Will Continue Operations

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: If youre travelling out of town by bus, the KSRTC bus stand, better known as Majestic, will no longer be your point of departure. Services from here will be stopped within a week as the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation begins work on the underground station that will be ready, hopefully, in 2012. However, the adjacent BMTC bus stand will continue to operate from its current location.
Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) is shifting operation of all its services to various satellite terminals and makeshift bus bays in the city. Well come up with a detailed schedule of arrivals and departures of KSRTC services within a week, transport minister R Ashoka told reporters here on Thursday.
As per the initial plan, transport officials said KSRTC will operate its out-station services (except Airavata) from satellite terminals, including Mysore Road, Shanthinagar, Hebbal, Peenya and NGEF.
Ashoka said the Metro requires around 20 acres of working area for construction of underground stations at two levels though they are using only 7 acres. The work is likely to begin from January next.

Free service

Minister Ashoka said BMTC will offer a free service for those who want to commute to Majestic from various satellite stations. They can produce the KSRTC ticket and travel by BMTC buses to Majestic, he said
Old 24th November 2009, 15:14   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@tan2s@int View Post
These experiences are just not limited to private operators. I travelled by KSRTC Airavat Volvo bus last week from Hyderabad to Bangalore.

The bus started an hour late, The bus whenever approached a speed breaker or when the driver slowed down to negotiate bad roads, would break down and wouldn't start. The passengers were asked to get down and push the bus in pouring rain to help start the bus. This happened thrice.

Finally 100 kms before Bangalore the bus completely broke down and no matter how far we pushed the bus, it wouldnt start. We were asked to wait as another Volvo bus from Banglore was supposed to come and pick us up.

I chose not to waste time and stopped another private bus going to Banglore and reached banglore @ 12 noon.

One hell of an experience..
prolly the maintenance wasnt done properly...
Old 25th November 2009, 17:32   #229
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone traveled on recently launched Isuzu bus (Padikkal) between Bangalore & Kerala?
(Heard about complaints on seating)
Old 30th November 2009, 17:51   #230
BHPian

Bangalore to Bagalkot

hi guys. I need to travel with family to Bagalkot in second week of december.
It has to be an overnight journey as we have work the whole day - it appears the only train reaches Bagalkot only at 12 noon. So that is out. I dont have much experience travelling by bus and so need advice.

Which travels should I prefer? If i book in sleeper bus, does it mean i only get sleeping berths and no sitting seats at all? Also, how exactly is the sleeper layout? Since i need 2 sleeper berths, will they be next to each other?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:21   #231
Team-BHP Support

Deep_bang, while i am not too sure about the route you are travelling, or which operator to try out, i can provide some input on the other queries you posted.

From what i have seen on the sleeper buses which operate between Kerala and Bangalore, a sleeper ticket means you dont get a sitting seat. You are provided with a berth, which you would need to confine yourself to. Your requirement for 2 berths could mean that they could be beside each other, but do specify when booking. From what i have seen, the sleeper coach has rows of seats with two seats beside each other. Imagine a 2 + 1 seating arrangement, where the single set of seats are instead sleeping berths, one above, and one below. Above the 2 seats, you have berths which are meant for 2 passengers, beside each other.

The above configuration is with respect to a non-A/C sleeper bus which i travelled in, so i guess this could be different based on bus and travel operator.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:26   #232
Senior - BHPian

It is more or less the same configuration for all Non-A/C Sleeper buses from what I've seen. It is always the 2 + 1 setting. If you book Sleeper berths, you do not get seats. You can get 2 berths side by side, but they are more like a double bed (joint together side by side).

Regarding operators, try VRL. VRL has almost monopolised all the routes from Bangalore to North Karnataka operated by private operators. Check their website VRL Logistics Ltd for more info.

EDIT: Just checked. Even 'Seabird Tourist' has buses to Bagalkot.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

Has sharma started Bangalore to Kerala via MC Road(May be to Thodupuzha/Kanjirappilly or Kottayam ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:13   #234
Team-BHP Support

Kallada multiaxle Volvo is now operational along the Bangalore-Adoor route. Booked a ticket for my cousin, which was for the multiaxle bus. Price has gone up by Rs.100/- over the earlier price of the Volvo ticket.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:26   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Has sharma started Bangalore to Kerala via MC Road(May be to Thodupuzha/Kanjirappilly or Kottayam ?
Sharma is now operating to Thiruvalla and Mundakkayam. Thiruvalla is a Volvo (Via EKM), and Mundakkayam is a normal non-AC Seater (via Perumbavoor, Thodupuzha, Pala)
Old 14th December 2009, 23:18   #236
BHPian

MERCEDES-BENZ MULTI AXLE
Luanch of this model to happen in the first week of January at delhi.
To be in line from Jan 15. Shama Transport - bangalore, is the first to get these multi axle benz coaches.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp benz.bmp (523.8 KB, 22212 views)
Old 15th December 2009, 13:24   #237
Team-BHP Support

@Gold_Class : What are the initial impressions like about the Merc buses? How do they better the Volvo multiaxles?
Old 15th December 2009, 13:34   #238
Senior - BHPian

Image looks beautiful. Do you have any technical data?
Old 15th December 2009, 15:15   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Gold_Class : What are the initial impressions like about the Merc buses? How do they better the Volvo multiaxles?
With regards to travelling in a volvo multi axle and benz multi axle, i would rate benz multi axle a scale up comparing with volvo. The B9R looks good on a exterior view.But benz have good interiors and the passenger confort is high in benz. For Eg: the volvo have two air balloons in front and four at rear axle. But for benz it has two air balloons plus two telescopic shock absorbers in front and four shock absorbers at rear. This incereases the inside comfort that passenger feels while going through a bad streach of road. The cost is definitely high. Approx: 1.2 Cr. the power in Bhp is 380 hp.The main draw back is of having pad lining brakes while volvos(mark ii onwards ) have disc brake. The retarder plays a important role in benz.
The main advantage of having benz is less maintenence cost. The company claims that the first benz bus which clocked 2 lac kms just had maintenence of 45000Rs.While volvos(esp B9R) are causing lot of problems for the owners because of heavy maintenence. B9R / Mark iii are good for the first 6-8 months. After that the maintenece counts, starting off with the link rod==this makes vibrating noise near the rear axle -underpart,and the passengers will be disturbed throught the journey. It happens because of a wear and tear in the bush and this rod is linked to balance rod. So when ever there is a small leval difference on road that effects the balance,link rod starts producing noisy sounds.
the benz have no these kind of problem and the company provides 18 months free warranty,service.Any way will see how its going to do on indian conditions especially on kerala roads.
gold class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2009, 22:59   #240
BHPian

For the first time ever in Kerala a private operator has been awarded a SUPER EXPRESS permit. The route would be Ernakulam - Kumily ( Thekkady) to be operated by Mubarak Bus service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks