Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2012, 09:44   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intercity Bus travel reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Hi everyone. My friend's parents want to travel from Mysore to Chennai on this Saturday. They were initially planning to come to Blore and take the Olivea, but its fully booked. Any other good options for direct from Mysore.
Try KSRTC. There should be a Volvo Multi Axle service from Mysore-Chennai. It goes via Bangalore, but it is a direct service. I have seen this bus on the road sometime back.
Old 25th May 2012, 09:59   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. My friend's parents want to travel from Mysore to Chennai on this Saturday. They were initially planning to come to Blore and take the Olivea, but its fully booked. Any other good options for direct from Mysore.
I found a direct Mysore - chennai in KSRTC website and it still says tickets are available.

Available
2030MYSCHN
20:30
MYSORE BUS STAND
BLORE HOSUR KRG VELLORE
CHN/KMBD B.S.
10:00
MYSORE
CHENNAI
Old 25th May 2012, 10:08   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
AutoTranny,
We have one Airawat and two Airawat Club Class from KSRTC in Mysore-Chennai route. Tickets are available. They also have one Non AC Sleeper and Rajahamsa.

Timings:
Airawat:6:31 PM
Airawat CC: 7:25 PM and 8:30 PM.

Check the KSRTC website.
Old 25th May 2012, 10:36   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Kesineni Travels used to operate a Multi Axle on this route via Bangalore. Check their website if this service is still operational - heard from a friend that the bus was running empty on the Blr - Mysore leg and hence they were contemplating stopping the service
Old 25th May 2012, 10:50   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Kesineni Travels used to operate a Multi Axle on this route via Bangalore. Check their website if this service is still operational - heard from a friend that the bus was running empty on the Blr - Mysore leg and hence they were contemplating stopping the service
Aroon,

I think this service has been stopped as your friend had mentioned, was not getting a decent percentage of ticket sales. KSRTC is the only option. I guess TNSTC will have some services but when compared with KSRTC TNSTC buses are very badly maintained.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 10:58   #1731
BHPian

Recently did a round trip from Blr to Hyd. Onward journey was by HKB Tours & Travels volvo semi sleeper multi axle and back by Kesineni Travels multi axle. The experience was much better in HKB with better driving and food on board.

What amazed me was the fact that the travel took hardly 8 hrs to complete whereas by train took it took more than 12 hrs. I hope its safe enough with the speeds that they touch.

Whats the time taken by people driving down. Planning to do one in July this year

Last edited by falcon009 : 25th May 2012 at 10:59.
Old 25th May 2012, 12:04   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Nope, still not running.. Out of the 3 coaches, 2 are in a workshop in Bangalore and one in Ernakulam. There were reports that the disputes between Volvo workshop and KSRTC has now been resolved and the 2 coaches under repair in Bangalore would soon be on the road.
Saw this Tvm-Blr KeSRTC Volvo yesterday but as per their booking website, this service is still not available. Called up KeSRTC Satellite depot now and still tickets are available for today's service where all other operators are charging exorbitant rates, being a weekend.

Traveled on Kallada Travels Ekm-Blr 9.30 pm dep Volvo yesterday and reached Silkboard at around 6.50am through BETL. The timings are pretty comfortable.
Old 25th May 2012, 14:04   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Saw this Tvm-Blr KeSRTC Volvo yesterday but as per their booking website, this service is still not available. Called up KeSRTC Satellite depot now and still tickets are available for today's service where all other operators are charging exorbitant rates, being a weekend.
Happened to me once as well. Went to the Majestic ticketing counter of KeSRTC ona Friday morning hoping against hope that there would be some cancellation on some service and was told that an additional Volvo to Trivndrum ould leave at 6 PM. Lots of seats were available (but that to my misfortune I ended up choosig the only seat which did not recline that day is another matter). Word had got around by the evening and the bus went full. From BLR there was just one driver and conductor. The second driver boarded from Palghat. I understand this was the 3rd bus (2 do the regular BLR TRV BLR run) which had come for a regular servicing at the Volvo workshop. The charges were the normal charges and not the high rates charged for Karnatka SRTC special services.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:55   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon009 View Post
Whats the time taken by people driving down. Planning to do one in July this year
8hours is the usual norm for BLR-HYD.This 560km stretch of NH7 is easily one of the best in the country today.

Check this thread for more details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...itions-40.html
Old 26th May 2012, 11:36   #1735
BHPian

Kesineni launches services to Thanjavur via Trichy:

Kesineni has launched a B9R multiaxle service to Thanjavur via Thiruvannamalai, Trichy. They have now services to major towns/cities in Tamilnadu from Hyderabad. It says 17.30 hrs for Hyd - Thanjavur as travel time and in the return claims 16 hours. not sure why the difference in travel time is?
Old 26th May 2012, 16:38   #1736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Kesineni launches services to Thanjavur via Trichy:

Kesineni has launched a B9R multiaxle service to Thanjavur via Thiruvannamalai, Trichy. They have now services to major towns/cities in Tamilnadu from Hyderabad. It says 17.30 hrs for Hyd - Thanjavur as travel time and in the return claims 16 hours. not sure why the difference in travel time is?
Maybe they factor a greater time to get out of the big city in peak hours, as against a return, which maybe in the early morning hours and you can negotiate the city traffic in a shorter time?
Old 26th May 2012, 20:45   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Does anyone knows the online booking website for Shama Transports (Kerala services)?
There is a site shamasardar.in which seems not correct.
Try Shama Transport - Online Bus Tickets to Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Tirunelveli, Cochin, Changanacherry, Changanassery, Palakkad, Nagercoil...

I am right now at the Shama office in Madiwala waiting for their 2130hrs bus to Ernakulam. This new address was printed on their boarding pass - and this site gives return tickets as well
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2012, 21:55   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
I understand this was the 3rd bus (2 do the regular BLR TRV BLR run) which had come for a regular servicing at the Volvo workshop.
Are our KeSRTC's volvos back on road? I saw RA 100 lying inside EKM depot garage along with RT 962 ex TATA ac bus day before yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Bus travel reviews-img0009a.jpg  

Old 26th May 2012, 22:42   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Try Shama Transport - Online Bus Tickets to Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Tirunelveli, Cochin, Changanacherry, Changanassery, Palakkad, Nagercoil...

I am right now at the Shama office in Madiwala waiting for their 2130hrs bus to Ernakulam. This new address was printed on their boarding pass - and this site gives return tickets as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnath View Post
Are our KeSRTC's volvos back on road? I saw RA 100 lying inside EKM depot garage along with RT 962 ex TATA ac bus day before yesterday.
@ Ranjith: KeSRTC buses are back on service but not updated in their website. You may please check Bangalore office @ 080 26756666 or Ernakulam office @ 0484 2372033 for day's status.

@ Binai: Thanks for the link and its working for return tickets also
Me too was at Madiwala at the same to see off my friend to Kochi on Bharathi Travels. Just before its departure we met our another friend who was driving to Kochi alone and we cancelled the ticket on Bharathi.
Old 27th May 2012, 09:14   #1740
BHPian

Quote:
I still don't understand why a driver would want to switch off the AC, unless instructed by the management to improve fuel efficiency. Maybe Gold Class could throw some light on this.
All interstate night drivers aim in making more money apart from their batta.There are mainly 4 ways of getting RC(roll cole also known as tricky money ).
1. Getting unreserved seats on way:
If a bus leaves from Madiwala to Trivandrum, and if the seats are empty the driver slows down near Madiwala Police station,Silk board and some times Hosur to just check if he gets any passengers on his way to Trivandrum.Some times if lucky he might get one or two seats to Coimbatore or Thrissur. But for sure he gets 3-4 pax from Vytilla to Trivandurm. This money is not accounted to the company account and is split among the drivers and cleaners. If it is double driver and a cleaner the split ratio is 40:40:20, and single driver and cleaner 70:30. What ever the amount may be, the split ratio remains the same across this travels field.
2.Loading of Luggage s:
The bus after departing from Madiwala might stop near Attibele or Hosur to load flower boxes.Even this doesn't comes to company account.Also some crew take small covers or parcels.
3.Diesel Adjustments:
This is a common trend and it happens in this way.The crew tend to make some adjustments with the petrol pump guys where the bus stops for refueling(Not talking about company operated outlets).If the bus has a capacity of 600 ltrs,the driver fills only about 525 ltrs and gets a bill for 600 ltrs.There he gets a amount for 75 ltrs.So to adjust this 75 ltrs the driver might some times turn off A/C,or run the bus in neutral gear and also some times drive slowly. Another example is of a brand new bus, doing the very first trip in BLR-EKM route. During first trips drivers tend to make sure that more diesel is consumed by just driving rashly or turning on engine for long hours when the bus halts.If BLR-EKM-BLR consumes about 450 ltrs in the first trip that is set as a bench mark by the company. From the next trip on wards they tend to drive normally and the diesel comes to nearly 400 ltrs. But while refueling they get a bill for 450 ltrs since that is the bench mark set by the company and makes money on 50 ltrs.
4. Avoiding Toll:
Even tough the company pays for toll the crew take short cuts.In BLR- CBE route the drivers take Ommalur route to avoid Sankiri and Salem toll gate and makes money out of that.
gold class is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks