Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2010, 16:47   #421
Senior - BHPian

I saw a news in Malayalam channel yesterday night that four Keralites died in an accident at Krishnagiri.
Anyone has details?
Old 29th April 2010, 18:06   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I saw a news in Malayalam channel yesterday night that four Keralites died in an accident at Krishnagiri.
Anyone has details?
Details available in the "Accidents" Thread. It was an Innova - reportedly hit a truck at 100 kmph. Four lives lost on the spot, and one battling for life at the hospital (the driver).

Here is the post.
Old 29th April 2010, 22:50   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shucks! Must be another case of a lorry without working taillamps parked along the road.

I hope there are no casualities.

Sorry. Came to know a little late that not the left side but the right side was damaged. Front four rows of seat was damaged .The bus rammed on to a tipper carrying jelly stones and due to the affect the tipper turned upside.
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:30   #424
BHPian

Flash News in malayalam channel

Trivandrum - Bangalore bus collided with another bus near Nagercoil .

10 dead .

No other details as if now .
Old 24th May 2010, 09:27   #425
Senior - BHPian

It was a KPN from Trivandrum to Bangalore.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:17   #426
Senior - BHPian

Used Kerala State RTC Volvo for travel from Trivandrum to Bangalore. On the whole it was a comfortable experience.

Bus started on time from Trivandrum (3:15pm), stopped for tea at Kayamkulam (6pm), dinner at Angamaly (8:45pm). Reached Madivala at 5:10am.

By far, this is my best bus journey timings. I usually cover the TVM-BLR route via Madurai in 11 hours in my car. Compared to that, 14 hours via NH47 is quite good I guess. But the journey was somewhat boring because the TV was not functioning.

For those taking train 6315 to Kochuveli, a Volvo service is introduced from Kochuveli railway station to East Fort via Chacka, General Hospital, Palayam. Volvo departs few minutes after the train's arrival. This will spare the passengers of atrocious fare demanded by auto drivers.
Old 29th May 2010, 11:34   #427
BHPian

@sbraj: Looking forward to travelling in the same bus today ..
Old 29th May 2010, 18:05   #428
Senior - BHPian

Interesting info provided by Bunny Puniia at BCM Touring.

Quote:
  • KSRTC buses come with 11 rows or 45 seats.
  • VRL long distance have 10 rows or 41 seats.
  • Sharma has 9 rows or 36 seats.
  • However on shorter routes like Pune-Mumbai, Neeta has 12 rows or 48 seats! The leg space is hardly anything.
Old 29th May 2010, 18:55   #429
Senior - BHPian

One advantage of using state RTC buses is that they would not be ferrying cargo, and would be focused on passenger traffic unlike the private run ones.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:43   #430
BHPian

I had a dreadfull night in KALLADA VOLVO last week. Had booked for the Kallada Multi axle bus last Sunday (23rd may) night to Thrissur from Bangalore. But when i reached their office, they tell me that the bus hhas been cancelled due to an accident and instead a B7R volvo has been arranged and gave a refund of Rs.100.00.

When the bus arrived, it looked pretty old and in bad mechanical condition, however boarded it as i had no option. As the bus started, the driver seemed to be a rash one and way too over confident. That was ok but when the bus left city and got to the elevated highway and as the speed increased, the bus just started to shake as if the wheels are not aligned at all.

Whenever the speed increased the bus used to shake severely and the dumb driver never bothered about it and was speeding with the same. I dont know how other passengers slept that night in the bus but i was awake all night.

The foolish driver never cared about it and was zooming at speeds of 100 kmph n more. Thank god i reached safe.

But i feel KSRTC Airavath bus is 100% safer and well maintained. Whats the point in paying premium charges for private operators and booking for multi axle??
Old 31st May 2010, 12:58   #431
Team-BHP Support

Srikant, Kallada always falls back on their old Volvos for use as 'special' buses, as well as for backup purposes. These are usually in bad shape, and i have also put in one of my bad experiences on this thread. In my case, the bus had two punctures along the jounrey and could not be self-started, if switched off. At Kottayam, in the midst of heavy traffic the bus had to be push started to get it going.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:19   #432
Senior - BHPian

Look at it the other way, at least Kallada has a spare Volvo which could be pressed as a replacement rather than asking you to find your means to reach your destination. Some solace isnt it?
Old 1st June 2010, 13:03   #433
BHPian

But what i am telling is, why should they wait till the passenger reaches their office to tell em that the bus has been cancelled?? If the they call us and tell about the cancellation earlier, we would try to find an alternative atleast.

After all, we are paying premium charges to travel in Multi Axle for our own safety right? Then whats the point in travelling in such horror?
Old 1st June 2010, 20:27   #434
BHPian

I travel frequently between Chennai- Coimbatore.Off late my preffered operator is ARC Travels based out of coimbatore.All thier buses are relatively new and very well maintained,always clean and the staff are very courteous..infact too courteous for a bus operator(mayb cos most of the staff are from coimbatore...their language you see).
For an AL bus the cabin is very quiet and roomy.I also heard that their buses have a seperate engine for the a/c.I usually take the 9.15pm bus from Koyambedu and im in coimbatore by 5.30.5.45am sharp..now thats a very good timing for a AL bus doing 525kms with a 15 min break at thoppur.At one instance i was woken up at 5am at coimbatore.That was really quick...better if not at par with the train timings.They provide shawls and a packaged water bottle while boarding.All in all its a pleasure patronising them.

Its the same case with ABT X TRAVELS(all A.L fleet) These guys share the same timings with ARC and are rivals i guess..but on healthy grounds.

CONTI(Volvo & Isuzu) is also a very trusted operator and the oldest among the list.All these coimbatore operators are really good and punctual and offer better customer service.

regards,
Sam
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:26   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I also heard that their buses have a seperate engine for the a/c.
I am sorry I did not understand this part. You mean the bus has two engines - one for movement and the other for a/c? Or do you mean the A/C buses' engines are different from the engines on non-A/C buses?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks