Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 12:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Attached some pics of the NMMT Volvo. They have started services upto Borivali now. I have uploaded about 10 more pics of it here.

The Volvo CNG is indeed a very late entry. I doubt whether BEST would purchase any more AC buses for the next 18 months at least, as they have a fleet of nearly 250 AC buses now.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_53841.jpg  

City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_53941.jpg  

City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_52791.jpg  

Last edited by AkMar : 7th January 2010 at 12:24.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 14:08   #17
nbr
BHPian

Looks sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Attached some pics of the NMMT Volvo. They have started services upto Borivali now. I have uploaded about 10 more pics of it here.

The Volvo CNG is indeed a very late entry. I doubt whether BEST would purchase any more AC buses for the next 18 months at least, as they have a fleet of nearly 250 AC buses now.

i guess the most horrible looking Volvo in India. i just wonder the designer was designing a lorry locally found in the villages with all those designs..
Old 18th January 2010, 15:24   #18
santoshnair

i heard that BEST is gng in for 50 ULE buses out of the 200 AC for JNNURM 150 are kinglong and 50 for AL...they are at Anik Depot and Wadala Depot

any conformations?

Old 18th January 2010, 20:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
i heard that BEST is gng in for 50 ULE buses out of the 200 AC for JNNURM 150 are kinglong and 50 for AL...they are at Anik Depot and Wadala Depot
If at all they are going for AL ULE, they are definitely not funded under JNNURM. 200 Kinglongs will be bought with JNNURM funding. A couple of weeks ago, 180 kinglongs were already delivered, and by now maybe all the 200 will be delivered.
Old 18th January 2010, 20:33   #20
J.Ravi

BMTC is the best transport corporation in the country.

BMTC is the only profit-making public sector urban transport corporation in the country according to its website.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-bmtc.jpg  

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th January 2010 at 20:37.

Old 18th January 2010, 22:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I agree. I am bored of seeing Kinglong buses. Volvo's ply only in New Mumbai and the only Volvo coming to Goregaon is CBD-Dindoshi one.

I think Volvo's are not CNG friendly as mentioned by BEST spokesperson; AL's should be!
guys can anybody post pic's of kinglong busses. how do they look .We dont have those in bangalore.
Old 18th January 2010, 22:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
guys can anybody post pic's of kinglong busses. how do they look .We dont have those in bangalore.
Here's one from my 2009 visit to Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-kadri007_050.jpg  

kadri007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2010, 10:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
BEST has three different versions of Kinglongs. There are about 40 pics of the buses (from outside and inside) on my flickr photostream.

By the way, you should be thankful that Bangalore doesn't have them
Old 19th January 2010, 12:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore they have introduced the TATA MARCO Polo buses in more routes now. i saw couple of them last week. heard they are comfortable. will try them next week.

But saw a new one making hard squeaking noise. of all the volvo city buses I have seen in Bangalore, never heard any such noise!
Old 19th January 2010, 12:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post

The bus is of automatic transmission, but unlike the "D", "N" and "R" push buttons on the Volvo, this thing has a joystick mounted on the dashboard, with 4 drive modes (couldn't take a close look, though), very similar to those found in automatic cars.
Attached pic of the gear lever. The pic is taken in Kinglong, but the supplier for Tata Marcopolo is the same. Only difference is that the marcopolo has 1 gear less. Gears can be manually selected in this system.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-2912282146_c74dec47bd.jpg  

AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2010, 14:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

what is the cost of the TATA-Marco polo bus?I herad it is 50% less than the Volvo city buses!
Old 19th January 2010, 14:58   #27
BANNED

Among the worst buses so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
what is the cost of the TATA-Marco polo bus?I herad it is 50% less than the Volvo city buses!
The A/C Marcopolo buses have been billed for around 55 lac a piece to BMTC. Also, they are nowhere as comfortable and insulated as the Volvo B7R-LE and their ride too is not of that standard. It was only some arm-twisting in Delhi that made BMTC purchase these buses under the JN-NURM scheme even after they were cancelled after the inital trial runs.
These were first introduced at Delhi for the DTC and have had multiple instances of explosions in their CNG kits. They are mechanically known to be unreliable and the DTC has already slapped a fine of Rs:4 Crore on TATA for these sub standard buses.
There is a thread about this elsewhere on TBHP.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The A/C Marcopolo buses have been billed for around 55 lac a piece to BMTC. Also, they are nowhere as comfortable and insulated as the Volvo B7R-LE and their ride too is not of that standard. It was only some arm-twisting in Delhi that made BMTC purchase these buses under the JN-NURM scheme even after they were cancelled after the inital trial runs.
These were first introduced at Delhi for the DTC and have had multiple instances of explosions in their CNG kits. They are mechanically known to be unreliable and the DTC has already slapped a fine of Rs:4 Crore on TATA for these sub standard buses.
Where do you get these info dear?

There were multiple cases of fire/smoke related to wiring and brakes. You say its in the CNG kits! If so, not one soul would have survived!
Old 19th January 2010, 17:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Bangalore they have introduced the TATA MARCO Polo buses in more routes now. i saw couple of them last week. heard they are comfortable. will try them next week.
I made a ride on these buses a week back. The newer Marcopolos are light years apart from the old one - the new ones are much better and refined than the old ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Attached pic of the gear lever. The pic is taken in Kinglong, but the supplier for Tata Marcopolo is the same. Only difference is that the marcopolo has 1 gear less. Gears can be manually selected in this system.
The newer Marcopolos too have 4 gears - the same panel as the one you have put up in the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The A/C Marcopolo buses have been billed for around 55 lac a piece to BMTC. Also, they are nowhere as comfortable and insulated as the Volvo B7R-LE and their ride too is not of that standard.
The AC Marcopolo buses in Bangalore were sold for 35 lakhs a piece - they are built on Semi-Low floor chassis, with a 180hp engine (unlike the low-floor chassis with a 290hp engine on the Volvo).

Here are some pics of the new marcopolo:
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-p1340848.jpg  

City Buses of various STUs all over India-p1340841.jpg  

City Buses of various STUs all over India-p1340814.jpg  

binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2010, 19:54   #30
BHPian

There was a Mercedes bus launched on a trail basis between Bangalore and Mysore. Does any one has some news on that?

Most Viewed