Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2010, 05:24   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjon View Post
here are some of the malabar (kannur,kasargod,wyanad) night services operating from kottayam. all the buses below are stage carriage:

1)Kottayam -bandadukka(kasargod) Puthenkandathil super deluxe. this is the only private super deluxe stage carriage in kerala.
2)Kottayam-ballal(kasargod) jacobs Limited stop.
3)Kottayam- Chandanakkampara(kannur) nirmala limited stop
4)kottayam- perikalloor(wyanad) Cheriyan super express.
5)kottyam- kottiyoor (kannur) cheriyan limited stop
Kottayam-panathoor(kasargod) peters super express
6)kottyam- vellarikkundu(kannur) ss deluxe limited stop.
7) kottayam- panathoor-Panachikal (kasargod) peters limited stop to be upgraded to super express.

there are couple of them operated from Mundakkkayam(kottayam) by peters and shajee motors. one from kattapana to taliparamba(kannur) operated by holy family as super express.
@ conjon - Could you put up the timing for these services if you have them.

AFAIK They all depart within 5-10 minutes of each other.
Old 1st November 2010, 18:10   #197
Senior - BHPian

I was trying to plan a trip to Rajasthan for someone and saw that RSRTC has now two categories of luxury buses - Super Luxury and Volvo. I understand that the Super Luxury buses are from Mercedes. Found this online Super-luxury Volvo begins service by RSRTC | Bus Fanning.Com India
Is there a big difference between these two categories?
Old 1st November 2010, 18:24   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I was trying to plan a trip to Rajasthan for someone and saw that RSRTC has now two categories of luxury buses - Super Luxury and Volvo. I understand that the Super Luxury buses are from Mercedes. Found this online Super-luxury Volvo begins service by RSRTC | Bus Fanning.Com India
Is there a big difference between these two categories?
With respect to? KSRTC charges more for the Mercedes. But personally, Volvos are more comfortable anyday!
Old 1st November 2010, 20:04   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
With respect to? KSRTC charges more for the Mercedes. But personally, Volvos are more comfortable anyday!
I specifically wanted to know difference in service levels between the Volvo service and the Super Luxury or RSRTC. The Volvo market is quite different in North viz-a-viz South and the price difference between these two services is only Rs50/-. This is what the one press release stated about the Super Luxury service
Quote:
The 43-seater super luxury buses is being run for the first time in the country by any state roadways corporation. Among its unique features are toilet, pantry with facilities of microwave oven, TV channels on each seat, laptop charger, mobile charger, push button seats at 45 degree for relaxing, etc. The passengers will also be served tea, coffee, snacks, etc. in the bus itself.
Wanted to know if someone has tried this service and what are the reviews.
Old 1st November 2010, 20:53   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
AFAIK, they do not. Atleast they did not last month. I did a Bangalore-Mysore-Bangalore trip, and the ticket was Rs. 260 each way. Bangalore to Mysore was on a Mercedes, and the return was on a Volvo (Mark-1).

I just checked the KSRTC website, and they are quoting Rs. 347 for a Bangalore-Tirupati Day journey, for both buses.
Old 1st November 2010, 21:26   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjon View Post
here are some of the malabar (kannur,kasargod,wyanad) night services operating from kottayam. all the buses below are stage carriage:

1)Kottayam -bandadukka(kasargod) Puthenkandathil super deluxe. this is the only private super deluxe stage carriage in kerala.
2)Kottayam-ballal(kasargod) jacobs Limited stop.
3)Kottayam- Chandanakkampara(kannur) nirmala limited stop
4)kottayam- perikalloor(wyanad) Cheriyan super express.
5)kottyam- kottiyoor (kannur) cheriyan limited stop
Kottayam-panathoor(kasargod) peters super express
6)kottyam- vellarikkundu(kannur) ss deluxe limited stop.
7) kottayam- panathoor-Panachikal (kasargod) peters limited stop to be upgraded to super express.

there are couple of them operated from Mundakkkayam(kottayam) by peters and shajee motors. one from kattapana to taliparamba(kannur) operated by holy family as super express.
Actually, this is not an exhaustive list. There are at least 2 buses from Kottiyor to Kottayam. (at least 4 buses from/ via Iritty to Kottyam, + 1 Ke SRTC Fast Passenger which goes via TCR NH 47 > Angamaly > Ettumanoor > Kottayam.

Also, the buses operate on alternate days (nitght service), so the counterpart service is sometimes run by some other operator. For example, Cheriyan's Kottiyoor - Kottayam bus' counterpart service is run by Holy Family, IIRC.

There is another <somewhere beyond Iritty> > Iritty > Kannur > Ernakulam > Aluva > Kattappana (?) (somewhere in Idukki) bus.

Anoher dozen or so buses operate to various places in Waynad Dt.

All these buses towards Kottayam pass Kozhikode between 11.30 PM and 12.30 PM, and reach EKM (if Ekm is in the route) between 2.45 and 3.45 AM.

Is not the "super deluxe" a mere label on the painting? I doubt that there is such a permit / fare classification. The proper permit classification would be "Limited stop ordinary". But Iread somewhere on this forum that long distance buses need compulsorily upgrade to "Fast Passener" status. So, not very sure.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:11   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is not the "super deluxe" a mere label on the painting? I doubt that there is such a permit / fare classification. The proper permit classification would be "Limited stop ordinary". But Iread somewhere on this forum that long distance buses need compulsorily upgrade to "Fast Passener" status. So, not very sure.
Super Deluxe is indeed a valid class. As the original poster mentioned, there is only one private bus with a "Super Deluxe" permit.

Currently, LS Ordinary permits have an upper distance limit of 140 kms, and Fast Passenger permits have an upper cap of 160 kms. If the trip is beyond 160 kms, the permit needs to be upgraded to Super Fast/Super Express.

Of course, there are a dozen appeals against the mentioned restrictions - and in many cases temporary renewal of permit has been granted.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:50   #203
BHPian

Quote:
There is another <somewhere beyond Iritty> > Iritty > Kannur > Ernakulam > Aluva > Kattappana (?) (somewhere in Idukki) bus.
I guess this was the Nedumkandam- Kannur - Irithy service, but last i saw they were halting at Adimaly.
Old 2nd November 2010, 18:02   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, this is not an exhaustive list. There are at least 2 buses from Kottiyor to Kottayam. (at least 4 buses from/ via Iritty to Kottyam, + 1 Ke SRTC Fast Passenger which goes via TCR NH 47 > Angamaly > Ettumanoor > Kottayam.

Also, the buses operate on alternate days (nitght service), so the counterpart service is sometimes run by some other operator. For example, Cheriyan's Kottiyoor - Kottayam bus' counterpart service is run by Holy Family, IIRC.

Anoher dozen or so buses operate to various places in Waynad Dt.

All these buses towards Kottayam pass Kozhikode between 11.30 PM and 12.30 PM, and reach EKM (if Ekm is in the route) between 2.45 and 3.45 AM.

There is only one service currently operating from kottiyoor to kottayam.
They are operated by cheriyan and sonia motors (not holy family, as mentioned by back seat driver) on alternative days as a limited stop.

I've put photos of those buses i could find.i couldnt snap the below mentioned buses so didnt put up the details.
for example: kottayam- mananthavady operated by sonia motors and holy child as a limited stop.
another one is pathanamthitta- chittarickal operated by holy family as a limited stop.

puthenkandathil was one of the initial operators who started the malabar night services in mid 90's.the bandadukka bus is a super-deluxe service.minimum fare is 20rs. the permit was granted in sep 09 till then it operated as a limited stop ordinary.

all the buses pass kozhikode between 9:30 pm and 00:30am towards kottayam. i did see a adimaly bus at kozhikode at 10:30 pm operated by ave maria.

Last edited by conjon : 2nd November 2010 at 18:07.
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:09   #205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
I guess this was the Nedumkandam- Kannur - Irithy service, but last i saw they were halting at Adimaly.
Yes, I guess so; and I think they byepass ekm while going to Iritty.

BTW, conjon, I guess you are right about only one bus between Kottiyor - Kottayam. I got confused by presence of two operators.

On the way to Malabar, all these buses reach Kaloor pvt. bus stand (earlier they used to stop in front of the Ernakulam Town Hall / North railway station) between 8.30 and 10, IIRC.

Anybody know how these buses avoid clash betwen them? I mean, if Operator X runs on odd days and operator Y runs on even days, it would by X on even days and Y on odd days in another month (because the difference in number of days in amonth).

So, how do they adjust inability to run on "bandh" days, etc?
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:46   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody know how these buses avoid clash betwen them? I mean, if Operator X runs on odd days and operator Y runs on even days, it would by X on even days and Y on odd days in another month (because the difference in number of days in amonth).
Isn't it just that they run on alternate days? I mean their days of run are not defined as "Odd days" or "even days", but just as alternate days. From what little I know, the permit would be in the name of one person for both the buses.

Quote:
So, how do they adjust inability to run on "bandh" days, etc?
Our Bandh (oops! Harthals) starts at 6AM and ends at 6pm right? I guess they can run without overlapping with Harthals. Perhaps they delay the departure a bit to run clear of Harthal timings.
Old 7th November 2010, 21:31   #207
BHPian

Here is one of the most beautiful bus running in Thrissur - Kozhikode - Talassery route. Operated by Dheeraj motors, see how artistic the painting is. Also carefully observe the expression of the dogs painted on it. Remember its not a vinyl its pure hand painting. Painting by Zini.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dsc00684.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-abcd0001.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-abcd0002.jpg  

Last edited by urzdeepu : 7th November 2010 at 21:32.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:43   #208
BHPian

Thats one of the most beautiful buses I have ever seen. Please have a look for more pics of this bus

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimmyst...7625223927225/
Old 10th November 2010, 13:49   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
Here is one of the most beautiful bus running in Thrissur - Kozhikode - Talassery route. Operated by Dheeraj motors, see how artistic the painting is. Also carefully observe the expression of the dogs painted on it. Remember its not a vinyl its pure hand painting. Painting by Zini.
I love it , deepu I have posted the same in some other thread , the bus was lying in reliance pump at amala , is that the same place ?
Old 10th November 2010, 22:13   #210
BHPian

KSRTC's 12 m Leyland express buses:

The first one is built at Central workshops. It serves Ernakulam-Coimbatore. I like the design

The second one is built at Edappal Workshop. It serves Perinthalmanna-Thiruvananthapuram. Edappal expresses were very nice. But due to a design flaw, the length of the bus was 12.20 mts instead of 12 mts. RTO did not give registration. Finally KSRTC cut up the front and remodeled it, spoiling it's looks
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf0643a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf0976.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks