Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2010, 15:14   #76
BHPian

UFO's Ernakulam-Kozhikode bus leaves ernakulam at 5.30 am. It has LCD TV name boards. the bus is not a Tata. It is a 12 metre leyland full option 177 hp. Ac bus too. KSRTC has added a competition. There is a 12 m Tata bus leaving at 05.15. I will put up pictures of this bus.

Shajee motors is the successor of UFO from Mundakkayam. Both are cousins.

UFO 12 metre Tata is a beautiful bus. it is a 1618 engine. My award for the best looking bus in Kerala. Simple but very nice. But seating is not that good. they could have provided some Harita seats
Old 13th March 2010, 22:46   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
UFO 12 metre Tata is a beautiful bus. it is a 1618 engine. My award for the best looking bus in Kerala.
Welcome Jimmyjosek to TBhp. A picture is worth a thousand words. Looking forward to your wonderful bus pictures.
It is good to hear that private operators are trying the higher power TM engines, instead of sticking with the proven 1510/1512 buses that are common. But when it comes to highrange, i guess private operators are not willing to try out new Tata bus of course other than UFO. How is their experience with this, any idea?
Old 14th March 2010, 00:12   #78
BHPian

Jimmy Jose- Welcome on board TBhp.
Please try and post the picture of the UFO buses that you have mentioned.
Thanks for taking all those private bus pictures. I have used a few of your bus snaps on this thread.Keep those informative posts coming.

Cyril
Old 14th March 2010, 11:24   #79
BHPian

Hello friends;

Sure. I am putting up some more pics of beautiful private buses:

1. New and Old Trissur style bodies. Neha on Ernakulam-Guruyavoor and Rajeesh Mon in the same route Limited Stop

2. Murali Krishna on Ernakulam-Guruvayoor Limited Stop

3. Ajimons Ernakulam-Kozhikode Airbus (Fast Passenger)

4. Yathra brand new bus at Kothamangalam Cheriyapally. The bus has come for blessing here. Route-Thodupuzha-Panikkankudy FP

5. Two prince buses on Ernakulam-Guruvayoor Limited Stop service

6. EBT on Kunnamkulam-Guruvayoor-Aluva-Kothamngalam-Kattappana LS

7. SAS Coimbatore-Palakkad private bus

8. Thusharam's Ernakulam-Thekkady Fast passenger.

More to follow soon

Jimmy Jose
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0290a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0376a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0308a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_1077a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0468a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0321a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_1061a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0553a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0328a.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 11:26   #80
BHPian

Ajimons Ernakulam-Kozhikode Airbus. Very nice bus
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0308a.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 16:01   #81
BHPian

some words about the ajimons airbus

this bus is owned by Jithin motors of thrissur and the speciality of jithin motors is that they own a set of air suspension and always the latest bus of their lot will feature that set. but the bus enjoys air suspension only for a limited period and after that the new chassis arrives and the set is transferred to the new one leaving the previous bus with a set of leaf springs.
Old 14th March 2010, 20:20   #82
BHPian

@Jimmyjosek - I have fond memories of an older Thusharam (the one similar in style to Rejeesh Mon). It used to run on the Thekkady Route and I was kinda sad when they replaced it with the brown bus (which has been replaced with the current blue one).

BTW Does Thusharam operate any other buses?

Also, it's interesting to note the stylistic preferences in different parts of Kerala as far as bus liveries go. From Thrissur and northwards, the style is of wild, bold liveries with characters and usage of glass windows. Whereas, Buses running in southern Kerala (Ernakulam onwards), use graphical patterns with a couple of colors and using shutters instead of windows.
Old 14th March 2010, 23:25   #83
BHPian

Can anybody from kottayam upload a few pics of the malabar private services like peter's,cheriyan motors,sonia or holy family?
You can find these buses parked on the ground behind the shastri road opposite to muncipal park or at the beena motors petrol pump.
Also you can find a few of them parked at plaza petrol pump opposite to collectorate before logos centre.
Old 15th March 2010, 00:53   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
@Jimmyjosek - I have fond memories of an older Thusharam (the one similar in style to Rejeesh Mon). It used to run on the Thekkady Route and I was kinda sad when they replaced it with the brown bus (which has been replaced with the current blue one).

BTW Does Thusharam operate any other buses?

Also, it's interesting to note the stylistic preferences in different parts of Kerala as far as bus liveries go. From Thrissur and northwards, the style is of wild, bold liveries with characters and usage of glass windows. Whereas, Buses running in southern Kerala (Ernakulam onwards), use graphical patterns with a couple of colors and using shutters instead of windows.
If I am not Wrong ,Thusharam is Thodupuzha based Operator?.They have had most Services in Muvattupuzha-Thodupuzha Route?

Last edited by deepclutch : 15th March 2010 at 00:54.
Old 15th March 2010, 21:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Thusharam has a Moolamattom Ernakulam alternate day service - ordinary.

Of the Kottayam > Malabar services, Cheriyan has the best built / looking bodies, with glass windows, folding doors, etc; and Holy Trinity probably the worst; with several vehicles having "flop down" shutters like accordions.

deepu - that is a gem of information!!!
Old 15th March 2010, 22:49   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
...Of the Kottayam > Malabar services, Cheriyan has the best built / looking bodies, with glass windows, folding doors, etc; and Holy Trinity probably the worst; with several vehicles having "flop down" shutters like accordions....
@BaCkSeAtDrIVeR - Kondody's new buses look pretty good too. They have glass windows, automatic doors etc.
Old 16th March 2010, 03:57   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Of the Kottayam > Malabar services, Cheriyan has the best built / looking bodies, with glass windows, folding doors, etc; and Holy Trinity probably the worst; with several vehicles having "flop down" shutters like accordions.
Is there a service called holy trinity?

Well I think Sonia operating on Kottayam - Mananthavady(Wyanad) and Kottayam-Kottiyoor(kannur) have body work with glass windows, reclining seats,foldable doors etc.

I think most of the malabar services have kondody body work.

Peters operating on Kottayam-Panjhikkal (kasargod) also have glass windows and folding doors.Couple of their buses have weveller suspension(rubber springs).

Owner of Holy family,Holy mary and Holy child(Ahana) hails from anicadu in pathanamthitta. Except the Holy family bus operating from Kattappana to Sreekandapuram in kannur(actual permit has nedumkandom as the starting point) other buses seems to be new. Operator seems to be replacing the old ones.

Holy family operating on Pathanamthitta-Chittarickal(Kasargod) supposedly has the highest collection per round trip among all malabar services.

Holy child(Ahana) is operating as counter service for Kottayam-mananthavady Sonia. They have body work with glass windows and folding doors.

Puthenkandathil operating on Kottayam-Bandadukka(kasargod) also have a very good bus with all the above said. They have a new bus ready and is supposed to be upgraded from LSOS to Super Deluxe Class.

I have no idea as to whether they have started operating as Super deluxe service at this point.In September 2009 there was a case going on between the kottayam RTO and owner of Puthenkandathil with regards to the no of doors for a super deluxe bus. RTO pointed out that this was a stage carriage bus hence needed 2 doors unlike contract carriage which has one door. And the owner pointed out that even the KSRTC super deluxe buses have only one door other than the emergency exit. I dont know what is the outcome of the case.
If anybody have any friends in Kottayam PBOA,Then you will be able to know.

Most of the cheriyan buses are very good as BaCkSeAtDrIVeR mentioned.
They operate on KTM-panathoor,Kottayam-Perikkallor(wyanad),Kottayam-Kottiyoor(kannur)
Old 16th March 2010, 14:21   #88
BHPian

Is posting of KSRTC pictures allowed in the forum?

I post two pics of Aana vandi (Elephant vehicle, as KSRTC is called in Kerala) overtaking a real Aana (elephant) named Sri Krishnan at Edakochi bridge

Hope you like it
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0027a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0028a.jpg  

Old 16th March 2010, 20:16   #89
BHPian

Here are a few pics I took today around Ernakulam -

1. City Private bus taking an oath to no overtaking, yet the buses condition says otherwise.
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dsc02847.jpg

2. UFO garage in Udayamperoor (It's actually at Nadakaavu).
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dsc02849.jpg

3. A newly painted bus. I think that it's actually the older blue and yellow bus I was talking about that used to run on the Kumily route.
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dsc02851.jpg
Old 16th March 2010, 20:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

OT: @ Jimmy Jose Are you the one on IRFCA as well. If so then welcome to the forum am sure quite a lot of us would benefit from you coming on board here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks