Team-BHP - Railway Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Railway Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/75014-railway-pics-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishal.R (Post 2982543)
Good one. Is it Vashi? or some other Navi Mumbai station?

Yes its vashi. Thanks for the compliment.:)

Hi everybody
Todays(6/12/2012) the economic times has some great luxury rides around the world in its ET Travel section.
Here is the link.
Enjoy
Regards

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1354797727109

A couple of snaps with fading light as the dusk turns to night

Railway Pics-20121227_181044_630a3.jpg
Railway Pics-20121227_181012_572a3.jpg

My contribution to this thread

Train crossing the Pamban Bridge from the Rameshwaram side.

Railway Pics-train.jpg

Found this one while clearing old images.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121231_163120.png
Views: 3327
Size:  395.3 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 3002271)
My contribution to this thread

Train crossing the Pamban Bridge from the Rameshwaram side.

Attachment 1031989

Sirji ,
That's a awesome click.
Just wanted to know , from where do you actually manage to click this , i mean your position .

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoudhury

Sirji ,
That's a awesome click.
Just wanted to know , from where do you actually manage to click this , i mean your position .

Cheers

Thanks, the picture was clicked from the road bridge which is parallel to the railway bridge and at a higher elevation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schoudhury (Post 3003611)
...i mean your position...

The below pic should give you an idea...red arrow points to location on the road bridge from where one can take pics of the railway bridge (blue arrow).

Railway Pics-pambanbridge-small.jpg

The Pamban bridge gives much scope for photography...given the right sun-light and clear skies, the waters will be a beautiful turquoise color, and the blue-coloured train crossing the bridge...awesome opportunities :thumbs up.

Breaking dawn at Makali Durga (Bangalore-Hindupur Line)

Railway Pics-img_4548a3.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 3003905)

The Pamban bridge gives much scope for photography...given the right sun-light and clear skies, the waters will be a beautiful turquoise color, and the blue-coloured train crossing the bridge...awesome opportunities :thumbs up.

Nice picture for comparison, but can you stop on the road bridge to take pictures? I guess you will have to stop at the either ends and not in the middle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 3047253)
...but can you stop on the road bridge to take pictures? I guess you will have to stop at the either ends and not in the middle.

We can stop on the bridge to take pics, but there is no separate lane for parking; one needs to be extra cautious.

If we go during off-peak hours, we can park there without being a hindrance to through-flowing traffic; usually there are vehicles parked there, or slowing down to catch a view of the ocean from that height. Everyone is usually moving slowly at the center-point of the road bridge.

Parking at the end and walking to the center is also a good option, but remember that the bridge is ~ 2km long (and sloping up) :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by motomaverick (Post 3047253)
Nice picture for comparison, but can you stop on the road bridge to take pictures? I guess you will have to stop at the either ends and not in the middle.

Parking is allowed on the bridge. There are cops who will allow all the vehicles to park only on one side of the bridge. This is around the center of the bridge.

A personal favourite. A birds eye view of the line at Makali Durga taken from the top. This was snapped by my friend long back when we trekked to the top, which I recently re-processed.

I had posted it in the meets thread. Just linking it here.

Few pics from my recent trip to coonoor & Ooty.

-Sajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3109705)
A personal favourite. A birds eye view of the line at Makali Durga taken from the top. This was snapped by my friend long back when we trekked to the top, which I recently re-processed.

I had posted it in the meets thread. Just linking it here.

Isn't there supposed to be a hill on the top right corner of the picture? I am guessing that is Makali station soon after the bridge, on the top of the picture.

Also the old Meter Guage alignment can be seen next to the railway line.