Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 12:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
great scoop, thanks for sharing!

Delhi metro coaches are manufactured by 2 companies: bombardier and a south korean company with mitsubishi electrical systems.
SID: I dedicate this scoop to you. You are the *K*I*N*G* of scoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Its not open to the public yet. It was the test drives which were happening.
As I understand these are 4 bogie trains & 1st set will run between Andheri-Ghatkopar. There is wind of things on roll by 15th August. Hope we are more INDEPENDENT (for travelling) by given date.

I did try to sneek in (see pic no. 6 stretch view). U can see I tried to cut open plastic form side but was met with plywood plank door placed to restrict entry into the compartment. It was useless to take pics of interiors thru cracks. So left it at that. Well U can call me 1st person to have BOARDED this train even if it was at the flexible door.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2010 at 12:53. Reason: Strictly no SMS language please. Read our rules prior to proceeding further.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing these pictures aries. At first impression the quality looks good. I really hope this solves a lot of the traffic problems in Mumbai. Since you have first hand pics, whats your take on the fit and finish of these trains?
Old 19th April 2010, 12:56   #18
BHPian

Hope these coaches do not get defaced like the recent trains. Any indication on what the travel cost are going to be like.
I can very confidently say that the pace of the work on the metro is going at a fantastic pace since the last 2-3 months compared to what it was LY. I look forward to seeing the metro soon.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:18   #19
Team-BHP Support

Obviously it's coming cheaper from China. Otherwise they would have gone with them.

Train looks good but.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Mumbai rail has an examplifying act to let other cities follow.Atleast Bangalore and Hyderabad should take some lessons.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:05   #21
BHPian

Great scoop ariesonu!

Correct me if I am wrong here..this looks like the first rail coach (in India) having a disk brake setup, on the wheel axles (as compared to the conventional setup of break pad directly on the the wheels)?! Sorry but I do not have pictures for a vis-a-vis comparison..
Old 19th April 2010, 14:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

The Monorail trial was supposed to happen for a distance of 1 km, but actually they ran the bogie for 100 m only.

I still do not believe that trial runs for the Metro will happen on 15th August - work is too painfully slow for anything like that to happen.
Old 19th April 2010, 16:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thanks for sharing these pictures aries. At first impression the quality looks good. I really hope this solves a lot of the traffic problems in Mumbai. Since you have first hand pics, whats your take on the fit and finish of these trains?
Hi Dippy, The quality of work NOT only in the finish but under the coach is also real good. The seats though looked typical china plastic. But will not make definate comment as I was looking at them thru cracks of plywood & the lighting inside was real poor due to all around plastic covers. The Glasses are tinted lighlty. The handle bars, Door rolls are of good quality too. I would hate to see them painted *RED* at every nook & corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Hope these coaches do not get defaced like the recent trains. Any indication on what the travel cost are going to be like.
I can very confidently say that the pace of the work on the metro is going at a fantastic pace since the last 2-3 months compared to what it was LY. I look forward to seeing the metro soon.
Hi, The Metro is quite cheap in Delhi. The local trains in Delhi are more cheaper but no takers. Metro has caught up big time there but accidents have kept it crippled at various points. Whenever I go to Delhi, How I wish they had trains straight out from Airport to town. Atleast they can copy that from London Underground.
Back to Mumbai, the pace has really picked up since last monsoons, especially in Andheri-Ghatkopar zone. Else they would have NOT brought these compartments so early. IMHO these will be mostly used for trial runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Great scoop ariesonu!
Correct me if I am wrong here..this looks like the first rail coach (in India) having a disk brake setup, on the wheel axles (as compared to the conventional setup of break pad directly on the the wheels)?! Sorry but I do not have pictures for a vis-a-vis comparison..
Hi Avi, I wish I had that much tech knowledge about trains. If its still in Port limits, I'll take more pics of in & around wheels & post them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The Monorail trial was supposed to happen for a distance of 1 km, but actually they ran the bogie for 100 m only.

I still do not believe that trial runs for the Metro will happen on 15th August - work is too painfully slow for anything like that to happen.
Hi NC, Even if we take 15th August as 'AUSPICIOUS" date, than having these units here so early doesn't make any sense.
Or may be its for Anil Ambani personal museum
Old 19th April 2010, 16:49   #24
BHPian

With the proposed cost starting @ Rs.4 it is to be cheaper than Hong Kong and our own Delhi..
http://www.mumbaimetro1.com/HTML/pdf...25,%202007.jpg
Old 19th April 2010, 16:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

thats a nice move. the trains look supercool. the tickets should be priced on the higher side to avoid over crowding.

also, i hope these trains wont have pan spits & 'I luv u XYZ' written on its panels!!
Old 19th April 2010, 17:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,
... & those "LETE HAI PAISA KARTE NAHI KAAM" highlighting BABA BENGALI stickers.

Last edited by ariesonu : 19th April 2010 at 17:04.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Hi NC, Even if we take 15th August as 'AUSPICIOUS" date, than having these units here so early doesn't make any sense.
Or may be its for Anil Ambani personal museum
Even though the boggies are here they have to go through a extensive trial/testing before put into service. All systems go would take 3/4 months easily. Its not as straight forward as buying a Volvo bus and putting on road. So 15th August is reasonable.
Old 19th April 2010, 19:50   #28
BHPian

Delhi Metro has been able to solve the traffic woes here in a big way. Iam sure Mumbai metro will also prove its worth in the time to come.

Delhi Metro carries around 10 Lakhs people daily and has an average revanue of around 90 Lakhs per day.
Old 19th April 2010, 20:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

@ The VTEC guy: You do have a point there. Me D U M B. :(

@ uneet: Delhi is spread over in all four directions but Mumbai is a peninsula so majority of traffic, say about almost 90% of the traffic, travels in North-South directions. This is why the choking happens in rush hours. Ma\etro will definately ease the direct load on locals (famously known as BLOODLINES of Mumbai).
Old 19th April 2010, 21:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Hi Avi, I wish I had that much tech knowledge about trains. If its still in Port limits, I'll take more pics of in & around wheels & post them for you.
Dude, I am no train guy! Just happened to notice the difference in the pictures. A typical Indian rail coach (not sure about Delhi metro though) has brake shoes/pads on the rolling surface of the wheels. Your pics did the trick!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks