Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 21:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Avi, May be a dumb question but is the delhi Metro is of narrow guage? These ones look like narow gauge type.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Avi, May be a dumb question but is the delhi Metro is of narrow guage? These ones look like narow gauge type.
Wasn't sure myself. Did a quick search and found this:

Delhi Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the right hand side box (with the DMRC logo), under 'Technical' specifications. It's a mix of both standard and broad.
Old 20th April 2010, 00:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

nice pix. are these made in india or are they flown into india or are they shipped into india?
Old 20th April 2010, 00:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
nice pix. are these made in india or are they flown into india or are they shipped into india?
Already mentioned, it's shipped. I doubt the plane would be legally allowed/has the potential to carry such heavy things though.
Old 20th April 2010, 02:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Looks cool and modern - unlike NY subway (which is VERY efficient) and Kolkata Metro (not so efficient - But atleast tries to be!).

@ raj_5004 - don't quite agree with you. Pricing a public transport system higher than justified cost is plain prejudice shown towards the not-so-economically fluent. Its all about the tone you set at the beginning. Fine anyone and everyone defacing the trains and platforms, and they should remain clean for years to come.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

@ blackasta: mumbai had seen the entry of some cool new coaches some months back. look at their conditions now. indicators are broken, bulbs are stolen, side panels have been dirtied & scribbled & the likes. these fines you are talking about do exist even now but they are never implemented. problem is these offenders cannot be caught.

i dont want these spanking new trains to suffer the same fate.
Old 20th April 2010, 12:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Already mentioned, it's shipped. I doubt the plane would be legally allowed/has the potential to carry such heavy things though.
@fx45/prateekm: They have been SHIPPED into India. The pics were taken inside a major Indian sea-port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Looks cool and modern - unlike NY subway (which is VERY efficient) and Kolkata Metro (not so efficient - But atleast tries to be!).

@ raj_5004 - don't quite agree with you. Pricing a public transport system higher than justified cost is plain prejudice shown towards the not-so-economically fluent. Its all about the tone you set at the beginning. Fine anyone and everyone defacing the trains and platforms, and they should remain clean for years to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ blackasta: mumbai had seen the entry of some cool new coaches some months back. look at their conditions now. indicators are broken, bulbs are stolen, side panels have been dirtied & scribbled & the likes. these fines you are talking about do exist even now but they are never implemented. problem is these offenders cannot be caught.

i dont want these spanking new trains to suffer the same fate.
I just hope that some CIVIC sense gets hammered into Mumbaiites & we do not let these shiny things to suffer like our *bleeding* locals.
Raj_5004: I think this will not happen because Metro is privatised. Reliance may impose heavy fines on offenders or take them to task. Given me a choice I'll take pics of such offenders & post them at prominent places with their names & phone numbers. Let them get an earful from everyone.

Last edited by ariesonu : 20th April 2010 at 12:16.
Old 20th April 2010, 12:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Great scoop ariesonu!

Correct me if I am wrong here..this looks like the first rail coach (in India) having a disk brake setup, on the wheel axles (as compared to the conventional setup of break pad directly on the the wheels)?! Sorry but I do not have pictures for a vis-a-vis comparison..
New Rajdhani rakes (the different looking ones) also have disc brakes as standard.

Drifter
Old 20th April 2010, 12:26   #39

Rajdhani has had discs since ages.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
@fx45/prateekm: They have been SHIPPED into India. The pics were taken inside a major Indian sea-port.
Even though these seem to have been shipped few of the Delhi Metro rail boggies were airlifted. Saw a episode on discovery/nat geo about the Antonov aircraft few days back. There they showed the delhi metros airlifted from Frankfurt airport to NewDelhi. (it was an old episode though)
Old 25th April 2010, 13:56   #41

Will they wax and wash these coaches every month? Wish every passenger will treat these trains like their own cars!
Old 26th April 2010, 17:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

The last pic has been printed in today's Sakal (A leading Marathi newspaper) without any credit to the original photographer. This underlines the importance of watermarking such scoop images.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
The last pic has been printed in today's Sakal (A leading Marathi newspaper) without any credit to the original photographer. This underlines the importance of watermarking such scoop images.

This news/scoop has spread like fire, and is already a part of chain messages which i received yesterday.

No wonder; no mention of the original uploader or pic courtesy !

P.S.: Does anyone have a real world update as to how far the construction has gone far w.r.t Andheri/chakala junction! Last time I knew was the stretch after chakala is still facing issues connecting to kurla/ghatkoper

Last edited by Fraz33r : 26th April 2010 at 21:58. Reason: Wanted to know the status of the project
Old 27th April 2010, 00:08   #44
BHPian

Great scoop. Will the bangalore ones look similar?
Old 27th April 2010, 18:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai Metro rail - Some pics of Andheri-Kurla road stretch
PICS: Mumbai Metro / Monorail-mumbai20metro.jpg

PICS: Mumbai Metro / Monorail-mumbai20metro2.jpg

PICS: Mumbai Metro / Monorail-mumbai20metro3.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks