Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2005, 23:27   #46
Team-BHP Support

Umm safari base version is like 7.5Lac ex showroom with a dicor engine, and this will be 6.5L(Base 2WD Double cab). So safari is more VFM!
Old 20th December 2005, 23:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

People used to the spaciousness of the Safari are going to be really really disappointed. I have been in the back of a 207 crew cab, and the cabin is cramped, even for my smallish 5'7" frame. So taller guys would not fit. The ride on a 207 was pretty harsh too. (Maybe my perception).
About the testing program...we had a first batch Indica2000 . Its not all that bad. Just keep expecting something or the other (minor things) to keep going wrong every now and then.
Old 21st December 2005, 09:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
People used to the spaciousness of the Safari are going to be really really disappointed. I have been in the back of a 207 crew cab, and the cabin is cramped, even for my smallish 5'7" frame. So taller guys would not fit. The ride on a 207 was pretty harsh too. (Maybe my perception).
I totally agree with sajo here. And that would be the only thing to keep me away from this vehicle.. Check for replies to my earlier questions on leg-room and head-room by RevvMaster.. I also enquired about this to a Tata-Motors personell.. And he mentioned that the Tata-TL crew-cab is more like the Tata-Mobile crew-cab and the rear-seat is a bit lower and more comfortable than the 207-Crew-cab.. Relates to my earlier question about the head-room and leg-room in the rear seat..

Also looking at the technical specifications, the vehicle comes with hydraulic telescopic shock-absorbers both at the rear and in the front in addition to the leaf-springs in the rear.. I am hoping that the hydraulic shock absorbers do a good job.. coz, imho, the hydraulic shock absorbers are also used in bikes, etc.. So that should give some comfort..
Old 21st December 2005, 09:05   #49
BHPian

Do you guyz think that this vehicle should have had an ABS thing on it?? Coz, a vehicle of this size when locks and skids can cause a lot of damage right??
Old 21st December 2005, 18:54   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish
Do you guyz think that this vehicle should have had an ABS thing on it?? Coz, a vehicle of this size when locks and skids can cause a lot of damage right??
You may actually have a point there. This SUT will be massively front heavy and light in equal measures at the back. Here I am assuming that one will not cover the rear loading bay and put in some bench seats (if that has to be done then buy a SUV).

For such a rear-light vehicle every strong braking effort and even a slight locking could mean violent fish-tailing and the vehicle going out of contro. IMHO ABS should be an option at the very least.
Old 21st December 2005, 22:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish

200+ kms on a vehicle that is yet to be launched in India?? Did you drive it in Europe/Africa?? If so, I hope that the specs for the vehicle in India is the same as the one currently exported..
Drove it in India. Before launch. Just don't ask how.

Revv
Old 21st December 2005, 23:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Will Tata sell it here with a removable cover on the bed like in a Honda Ridgeline? Because without a cover, passers by will simply help themselves.
Old 28th December 2005, 16:24   #53
BHPian

The BS Motoring review is here. Check out the pricing... 6L for 2WD and 8L for 4WD.. they sure don't want to sell this thing!

http://bsmotoring.com/2005/dec10_1.htm
Old 28th December 2005, 18:14   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
The BS Motoring review is here. Check out the pricing... 6L for 2WD and 8L for 4WD.. they sure don't want to sell this thing!

Thanks for providing the link to the review. A negative review, which is what the product deserves. You can't fool people by adding a bull bar and aircon to a crude 17 year old pick up that's crying for a full-fledged replacement. Wake up, you ERC guys at Pune!
Old 28th December 2005, 19:54   #55
SUV
BHPian

TATA's are merely junking the TL Euro III to India, since it cannot be sold in Europe anymore cos of Euro IV Regulation's.

The TATA Euro IV Engine Range is ready to go into Production from Jan 2006 for the Export Market ONLY
Old 28th December 2005, 20:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

The article says its the same engine used in the Safari. I thought Safari is DICOR only now.
Old 28th December 2005, 21:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

[quote=SUV]TATA's are merely junking the TL Euro III to India, since it cannot be sold in Europe anymore cos of Euro IV Regulation's. [quote]

I think you're right...the fact that the vehicle hasnt been modified for passenger use AT ALL makes this look like one of those Tiruppur 'export surplus' banian & jatti "sale"s.

Shame on you, Tata!

@Mpower - the 'new' Safari is still available with the old, non-Dicor engine. Obviously cheaper, too.
Old 29th December 2005, 09:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

8L for this one?? The very essence of Tata carmaking has been unbeatable VFM and good passenger comfort. This thing is neither (for the price asked). The price should have been 6.5L max for the 4x4, and a lower workhorse+lifestyle thingy for around 5.5L. It looks like another Sierra turbo happening to me(which,btw I love, and will still try to buy,once I get the resources.).

Last edited by sajo : 29th December 2005 at 09:32.
Old 29th December 2005, 14:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

so, any news about new bolero camper mentioned in the same site? and are they BS III yet?
Old 12th January 2006, 01:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit

Hmm.. Haven't we read about BSM's prejudice with the TATA's since time immemorial.. check out the following link.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ers-guide.html

How-ever, i am going to try out this truck this weekend and then post my honest opinions.. I am still a big fan of the Telcoline..

Regards,
Manish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks