Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 15:06   #91
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,855
Thanked: 6,165 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
I had contacted local mechanic, who said that Brezza's "gauntlet" (!?)* is at unfriendly location and it is right behind the A/C machinery. Which ensures that no cables, or additional wires can be routed via this gauntlet from the bonnet to the car interior.
I think he meant grommet

Also, doesn't the Brezza have another 12v socket in the boot area, probably in the higher trim only ?
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 17:31   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 882 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think he meant grommet

Also, doesn't the Brezza have another 12v socket in the boot area, probably in the higher trim only ?
No not in the VDi model I have. Yep, grommet is what I meant. May have to fix a vhf radio, and wanted to have a separate socket for the same.
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 23:36   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,849
Thanked: 7,713 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Which ensures that no cables, or additional wires can be routed via this gauntlet from the bonnet to the car interior.
Usually every car has more than one grommet on the firewall with a dummy sheath given to route additional wires. One will be near the battery which will lead to passenger footwell, one in the center which usually carries the main wiring harness which actually lead to the center of the dashboard and sometimes a third in the drivers side. So either of these should be suitable for passing wires.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 07:40   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 882 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Usually every car has more than one grommet on the firewall with a dummy sheath given to route additional wires.
The mechanic I checked up with said Brezza had only one grommet. But I for sure can double check, as he may also have been just trying to avoid that job. Perhaps Brezza's owner/user manual itself would have the information?
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 08:49   #95
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,849
Thanked: 7,713 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The mechanic I checked up with said Brezza had only one grommet. But I for sure can double check, as he may also have been just trying to avoid that job. Perhaps Brezza's owner/user manual itself would have the information?
If thats really the case then it is somewhat wierd since having a single point of passage between the engine bay and cabin doesnt make economic sense when the wiring harness is designed. The wires from the battery usually enter the cabin directly behind the battery. The wires coming from the instrument cluster/BCM are routed through the center of the firewall or drivers side. If everything has to pass through a single point, then I feel the design is quite bad.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 11:08   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 882 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If everything has to pass through a single point, then I feel the design is quite bad.
Scanned the entire Vitara Brezza user manual. Did not find any mention of grommets which can be used to run wires. I don't know if Maruti is very insistent on users only using the accessories they provided. At least in Wagon R I don't think they had such funny ideas.
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 11:32   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BR
Posts: 1,546
Thanked: 2,708 Times
Default Re: Maruti Brezza - fixing additional cigarette lighter points

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Have any one here managed to get additional cigratte lighter sockets fixed to Vitara Brezza VDI model? The car comes with one cigarette lighter socket, but looks like I would have many more electronic devices to be plugged in (mobile + dash cam is the bare minimum).

I want to know if some one was able to fix additional sockets and where did they manage to find the space? How was the electrical wiring done?
I did this about 2 years back. I've taken supply from fuse tap and the location of socket is just in front of cup holders.

Link (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
The mechanic I checked up with said Brezza had only one grommet. But I for sure can double check, as he may also have been just trying to avoid that job.

I do have a connection running from inside to outside and vice-versa for DRLs and high beam of foglamps. Details you can see in my thread. I'll try to take a snap and post it.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 19th June 2019 at 11:45.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 11:42   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 882 Times
Default Re: DIY: Additional 12V accessory socket for the Ertiga. EDIT, added one more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector
I did this about 2 years back. I've taken supply from fuse tap and the location of socket is just in front of cup holders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania
In my case one socket is wired directly to ignition via Fuse Tap and hence its always ON. I use this socket to charge my devices at times after locking my car during my usual journeys. All the other times it's the dashcam that is connected to this socket.
Thanks for the inputs. And appreciate the good job you have done. Neatly done . I guess, I would be able to get the socket fixing done. The next question would be on how I can get a couple wires/cables come into the car from the bonnet. This is for an external antenna.
sachinpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2019, 12:36   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BR
Posts: 1,546
Thanked: 2,708 Times
Default Re: DIY: Additional 12V accessory socket for the Ertiga. EDIT, added one more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I do have a connection running from inside to outside and vice-versa for DRLs and high beam of foglamps. Details you can see in my thread. I'll try to take a snap and post it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Thanks for the inputs. And appreciate the good job you have done. Neatly done . I guess, I would be able to get the socket fixing done. The next question would be on how I can get a couple wires/cables come into the car from the bonnet. This is for an external antenna.
I ran out of edit window to attach snaps. Here are the snaps.

DIY: Additional 12V accessory socket for the Ertiga. EDIT, added one more!-img_20190619_115955.jpg
This is the grommet. The white ones and the blue one were extra which were passed through the grommet taking help of a technician at MASS.




Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If thats really the case then it is somewhat wierd since having a single point of passage between the engine bay and cabin doesnt make economic sense when the wiring harness is designed.
That's true I guess.

DIY: Additional 12V accessory socket for the Ertiga. EDIT, added one more!-img_20190619_120024.jpg

DIY: Additional 12V accessory socket for the Ertiga. EDIT, added one more!-img_20190619_120042.jpg

I couldn't find any other grommet in the firewall.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Taxi: 2012 Chevy Tavera vs Maruti Ertiga vs Chevy Enjoy? EDIT: Bought Ertiga ZDi M35 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 21 9th January 2015 06:48
DIY : Dashboard mount, bottle holder & additional power socket PatchyBoy DIY - Do it yourself 12 4th April 2013 16:54
Does leaving phone charger plugged into 12V socket overnight drain battery? androdev Technical Stuff 27 18th December 2012 22:04
Goa 2006 Video!!! (Added One More) drifter Street Experiences 20 14th October 2006 09:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks