Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2021, 22:59   #106
BHPian

Re: DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
I have a Blackvue DR750 dashcam in my car but not hot wired. It was connected through the lighter socket in the car. I left it on 24/7 and saw my starter battery running down. I had to get a tow truck twice because of that.

I installed another battery under the seat and do not have this problem now. My starter battery is at 100A. I installed a 99A Lithium battery as I run a few other stuff on this battery.

It was a bit more work to do this. I use a 30A DC-DC charger for the extra battery.

How will it work out for you if you leave it on parking mode? How big is your battery?
From what I read, in the parking mode, the camera remains dormant, and starts recording only when triggered by any movement of the car. That ensures that battery does not drain. I also read that the park mode is deactivated when the battery voltage recedes to a certain level. Sorry I don’t have the specifics. The parking mode works only with the hardwire kit, and not with the lighter socket.

Also in the reviews, no user was complaining of a battery drain.

I’ll give you a feedback once I start using it. My battery is the stock battery of the Crysta, I’m not sure of the capacity.

Last edited by ganeshnag75 : 15th May 2021 at 23:02.
Old 15th May 2021, 23:32   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
I have a Blackvue DR750 dashcam in my car but not hot wired. It was connected through the lighter socket in the car. I left it on 24/7 and saw my starter battery running down.

How will it work out for you if you leave it on parking mode? How big is your battery?
For the parking mode to get activated, the scenario mentioned in the quote below is correct. but if the hardwiring kit is used and parking mode is activated, it also acts as a surveillance camera and records at low-bitrate. The hardwiring kit comes with a battery voltage monitor too to protect the battery from dying.

Hardwiring kit by Viofo for their Dashcams IF the buyer is interested in hardwiring it
DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-screenshot_20210515232012__01.jpg

Voltage monitor embedded
DIY Install & Review - The Mini 0806 Dash Camera-screenshot_20210515232022__01.jpg

As you can see, that box converts 12V/24A to 5V which the dashcam requires to operate. According to the switch set on that unit, the dashcam stops recording and switches off whenever set voltage has been observed.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
From what I read, in the parking mode, the camera remains dormant, and starts recording only when triggered by any movement of the car.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 22:24   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
Unfortunately the micro SD card that had lying around was incompatible. So I could not check the functioning of the dashcam. Waiting for a card to be delivered from NexDigitron. Will update once I plug in the card.
Got the SD card today. Plugged it in, got formatted in a giffy. The dashcam started working without a hitch.

Quote:
I ended up using Hazard Lt/ Indicator for VCC and Fog Lt/ DRL for ACC.
There’s a problem here. I went to the car a hour after parking it, and the dashcam was still recording. Seems, the fog lt fuse was a VCC too. Verified that by switching on the fog lt with the engine off, and it lit up bright. I should have done this check in the first place

I’ll fiddle around with the fuses in the day light tomorrow, and try and resolve this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks