Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 09:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
2400Nm at the wheels?. Something wrong or am i out of date on torque values of cars now a days?.
Exactly. How does a car advertise 2400 Nm whilst having a humble 0-100km/h time of 5.4 seconds? Even if we consider they are running basic tires, 2400 Nm is no joke.
superguy282 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 10:56   #47
BHPian

Re: Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype

The outside looks promising. However, the interiors are not shown in the video? Or maybe I missed them as this video was 51 minutes long I was fast forwarding most of the time. I hope they nailed the interiors as well.

I really hope they taste success with this. We need long range EV's in India. Any idea on pricing and availability to mass market (not sure why they are not selling to mass market yet). If priced along with the Kona EV, then I thyit would be a runaway sucess.
Old 8th December 2020, 11:44   #48
BHPian

I am of the opinion that these promotions are for further fund raising and not tied to end product features. We should look at product features and claims when production model is shown.
ohaak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 12:15   #49
BHPian

Kudos to team Pravaig for their single handed efforts in building a product from ground up, that to in a constrained environment. Collaboration is key for not only mass production but also quality control to sustain in the long run.

Either with an indigenous brand like Mahindra, 2 wheeler brand like Bajaj or a joint venture with players like Peugeot/ Nissan other foreign brands trying to mark their foray in the current amorphous electric car segment. As far as the tech is concerned, they are heading in the right direction. Wishing them the best for their future endeavors and I wish the Pravaig a sincere success.

PS: Wasn't Maini/ Reva based in Bangalore? Is it entirely acquired by Mahindra? or is it a joint venture.
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 12:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

Pravaig aims to produce 2,500 Made in India luxury EV Extinction MK1 every year. It will be initially sold in cities like Bengaluru and Delhi, before the EV startup adds more cities on the list.

Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-smartselect_20201208123741_chrome.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th December 2020 at 12:38.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 13:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

I fondly recollect the Notion Ink Adam which unfortunately was not much successful. It was I think run by Rohan Shravan and it was quite a battle he fought. His blog was an eye opener for me in terms of challenges faced. Especially if hardware is involved.

We need more of such people who dream big. Kudos to Pravaig team.
download2live is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 13:56   #52
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I appreciate what these guys are doing as an EV startup. There are many such EV startups in the West and China, and there is no reason why someone should not attempt something similar in India.

Sadly, very few startups actually manage to deliver a successful product, let alone go on to become another Tesla.

Whether the folks at Pravaig manage to deliver remains to be seen. Even if they manage to churn out one model that can be bought by customers, that should be enough to solve their future funding issues. Fingers crossed till then.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 15:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post

Was it something like this? Even this image was released yesterday. Could someone please tell what the TA Plates stand for?

Source: Rushlane
I am guessing maybe it's a vehicle which just passed Type Approval or is under the process of getting it's TA done. TA seems mandatory for Electric Vehicles.

And couldn't help but notice the famous "TAXICAB" number also known as Ramanujan Number "1729". It would be jaw dropping if it actually got allotted to them by chance. But whoever thought of that has been really picky in choosing this one number and not a Tesla number "9".
rajwheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 07:34   #54
BHPian

With such looks, I hope it doesn't go into extinction before it comes into existence Anyway what are they trying to do out there? Compete with Tesla? Lucid? What makes this different from any of those companies which are already selling them & have a huge advantage in battery technology? On top of it this is a luxury car! Even Tesla can't compete with other established luxury brands. They should have marketed it as an affordable electric vehicle with good mileage, nothing else.
Old 9th December 2020, 09:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Was it something like this? Even this image was released yesterday. Could someone please tell what the TA Plates stand for?

Source: Rushlane
TA means vehicle is under Type Approval (Certification trials with either ARAI or iCAT)
speedguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 09:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajwheelz View Post
I am guessing maybe it's a vehicle which just passed Type Approval or is under the process of getting it's TA done. TA seems mandatory for Electric Vehicles.

And couldn't help but notice the famous "TAXICAB" number also known as Ramanujan Number "1729". It would be jaw dropping if it actually got allotted to them by chance. But whoever thought of that has been really picky in choosing this one number and not a Tesla number "9".
Thanks! That must be why I have never seen a TA registration plate and there aren’t any other pictures of it on the Internet.

When was this process made mandatory BTW and why specifically for EVs?

Learnt about the Ramanujan number too thanks to you. I’m guessing that TA plates serve the same purpose as a temporary registration, do they?
So why would anyone pick a specific number (I.e. why would there be a provision for choosing a number)?

However, looking at the ambitions these guys at Pravaig have, they could even go to that level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
TA means vehicle is under Type Approval (Certification trials with either ARAI or iCAT)
Thanks, but do they need HSRPs? That one has IND written on it.
EightSix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 10:02   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but do they need HSRPs? That one has IND written on it.
Not necessarily. But one can opt for it.
speedguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 12:21   #58
Senior - BHPian

Good luck team Pravaig. Someone put their money where their mouth is. There is no harm in trying and for all the hype which Tesla gets, they too were bankrolled by pretty deep pockets at a point of time and even the govt at a different point in their life and finally is competing with the big boys.

Hope this attracts some customers initially. Maybe even the cab segment.

Maddy
Old 9th December 2020, 13:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

While I'm here Rooting for their success, it is mostly because they seem to, theoretically atleast, have a good Technology Package. How it pans out in reality is worth looking out for. However, there is a lot of ground to cover to attract the Buyer. Higher the purchase price bracket, higher is the expectation on the User Experience which includes what the eye sees. Sadly the Styling evokes no such excitement.

We have enormous talent in Automotive Styling within India. I sincerely hope there is some sort of Crowd sourced approach to smoothen it out and bring in the much needed excitement.

There is immense knowledge within the Auto Tier 1, Tier 2 supplier community on materials and how to use them to increase the experience. I hope there is some of that knowledge coming out to help Pravaig.

I say this not to undermine their effort but in the hope to see them succeed.
if RIMAC, coming out of Croatia which has no Automotive backbone, can get into the right echelons, so can Pravaig. The first outing can't be compromised.
Wishing the team the best.
Old 9th December 2020, 14:13   #60
BANNED

They can even sell space shuttles here and will face the same hindrance - Infrastructure. Trying to make small pockets of the vast nation go green by eliminating cars and introducing gadgets while investing a lot in charging infrastructure in that small packet of land for environ mental impact is a hopeless waste of precious money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks