Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 13:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype

CEO Siddhartha Bagri, explains some crucial details regarding the upcoming luxury EV.

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 17:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype

Pravaig Extinction electric car spotted testing

The prototype of the Pravaig Extinction Mk1 electric car has been spotted testing in Delhi. The car was seen being driven at a sedate pace on the streets of the national capital.

Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-pravaigextinction2.jpg

Pravaig Dynamics revealed its first electric car earlier this month. It uses a 96 kWh battery pack that offers a claimed range of 504 km on a single charge. The battery can be recharged to 80% of its capacity in 30 minutes. The car packs 201 BHP and is said to do a sprint from 0-100 km/h in 5.4 seconds, while its top speed is claimed to be 196 km/h.

Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-pravaigextinction1.jpg

The Extinction is a four-door sedan with a coupe-like roofline. It will be offered with lounge-like seating and a left rear passenger seat that could be reclined to 165 degrees. Customers will also be able to personalize the interior of the car. The vehicle will come with a Devialet audio system with smartphone connectivity, HEPA air filters, regenerative braking and autonomous driving technology.

Visiting Pravaig Dynamics, a Bangalore-based EV company & checking out the Extinction prototype-pravaigextinction3.jpg

Source
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 18:22   #63
BHPian

Personally I didn't like the design much ,seems bit out of proportion and ratio for me. The side profile looks good though.
They are aiming big, and their dream seems unrealistic at first but really do wish them to achieve ,One person who did the impossible from such a small start is Matte Rimac , the CEO of Croatian company Rimac, He started by converting his BMW to electric and he is now the creator of one of the world’s fastest car Rimac Concept 1 and now his company is supplying the powertrain and batteries and their software technologies for Porsche electric cars.
Old 15th December 2020, 19:41   #64
BHPian

I am curious how the electro-mechanics perform and how is the battery life. I am hoping that they are able to deliver at least 80% of what they are promising.

Personally, I think the aesthetics are poor and nothing looks luxurious. They should have got a better design team. I hope the final production models at least have better bodywork finishing.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 19:51   #65
BHPian

I am as proud to see an all electric car from an Indian brand(big or small) but the design team need to get back to the board and get the design more proportional. The headlight area and that cavity looks like directly taken from a hotwheel miniature.
Old 15th December 2020, 21:06   #66
BHPian

The design isn’t too bad in my opinion but is just a little too plain.

If there were grills or anything to break the white scheme, it’d be perfect but right now, just feels like someone spray painted a cardboard car model.
alikidwhy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 21:50   #67
BHPian

Slightly off-topic, but I couldn't help but notice the number plate of the car in two of the photos. The numbering system used is nothing like the ones I know of. The board is green like other EVs, but the numbers are unusual. I don't think they're photoshopped because it's the same in two pictures, from two different angles. Can someone shed light on that?
francisvellara is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 00:23   #68
BHPian

The rear looks hideous. Why do cars have to be ugly just so we see something new? They should borrow a page from VW/Porsche's book. Keep it simple and clean.
HKap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 03:35   #69
BHPian

On one hand, hope we get our own homegrown Tesla, on the other, this car looks like something out of the pages of Chacha Chaudhary
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 13:50   #70
BHPian

Futuristic design and definitely looks hideous. Millennials and attention seekers will probably like to own one such vehicle. But honestly, Indian car maker making an EV with this specification is commendable. I just hope, they hire a design engineer having thoughts to attract more customers from different generations to get it going.
Old 18th December 2020, 08:23   #71
BHPian

Ok.. I'll bite the bullet. The styling is inexplicably bad. I can only hope it's part of the plan (to lower expectations and maybe start an internet war). There will be a lot of admirers if they bring out a half decent styled car after this.
Old 18th December 2020, 14:26   #72

Things doesnt really add up, they are promising cylcle life of LiFePO4 , and the range of a NMC or NCA with 100kwh battery pack . THe interiors Shown in presentation were some what impractical .How do they plan to manufacture that exterior shell 🤔 . Not a single thing on the car seem ready for large scale production . They were going on about power to weight ratio and cycle life of LiFePO4 vs NCA of tesla . LiFePO4 is readily available and the basic option for diy conversion guys . Iam right now in the process of converting my basic lead acid scooter to LiFePO4 . LiFePO4 is heavy for given weight , but voltages are easy to manage and overall simpler and not the superadvanced thing like they were implying in their presentation .It doesnt make sense. It looks like classic vapor ware, I could be horribly wrong !! I dont understand .
shyam163 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 20:26   #73
BHPian

This video has some sketchy details on Pravaig's plans:
1. The one in the video is a 2 year old protoype.
2. Few Mk2 versions have already been produced
3. Mk2 version will be available under a lease/rental scheme
4. Recharge up to 400km range in 30 minutes

Can't really get my head around their plans.

Last edited by stewie : 21st December 2020 at 20:34. Reason: Updated some details from the video
Old 21st December 2020, 23:22   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
This video has some sketchy details on Pravaig's plans:
None of the guys wearing seatbelts

Simply they do not deserve a mention here in tbhp.
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 14:27   #75
BHPian

Review by one of the most popular car reviewers in India. Looks good. The prototype is a coupe and the final version will be 4 door. The company has survived from 2011 to 2020. Best wishes to them for next year.

Most Viewed