Team-BHP - The Auto-Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Auto-Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/16646-auto-image-thread-138.html)

Nice Picture Crazybiker!
Just try a tighter crop.
The pole in front does not look nice.
If possible crop away some portion from the back also.

EDIT : This is a quick job I did and cropped out the front and back!

Regards
Preetam

Early Morning Sunrise!

The Auto-Image thread-img_3420.jpg

Praful, Amazing editing there!
Preserved every detail, yet so subtle!
What a picture!
This is going on my desktop!

2 From my side, I found these buses lined up outside my college. Looked nice, so I clicked a couple of shots!

The Auto-Image thread-img_0001.jpg

The Auto-Image thread-img_0003.jpg

@preetam: I liked crazybiker's picture better. The crop you made somehow lacks something, can't seem to put my finger on it though. The second picture you posted, of the buses, is very nice. The composition is perfect with the trees lining up perfectly. :)

A shot of a gorgeous Punto, seen near Rangashankara, Bangalore:

@Shamik : Thank you. There were actually as many more number of buses as in the picture. To capture 'em all I'd have to walk half a kilometre and would still not be sure if all of them would fit in the frame! So spared myself all that extra trouble :D

About the crop :
Each to his own I guess.
I thought that crazybiker's shot lacked focus, so did a quickie job.

@Aiel : That is a nice shot buddy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by preetam_KORG (Post 1792528)
About the crop :
Each to his own I guess.
I thought that crazybiker's shot lacked focus, so did a quickie job.

Actually shamik is right. Your crop took away all the compositional aspect from the shot, leaving just the car. Whenever you shoot an animal or a vehicle, it is important to give breath space in the front. Also, you need to give a context through the background. Often, the oomph factor is provided by the contrast you achieve between the background and the main object.

Think of any car brochure, how often do they not have any background?

Consider the following crop, it removes the pole, but improves the composition by retaining background and moving the car off-center.

The Auto-Image thread-dsc03128.jpg

Here's what HDRs can do!
Many people don't like this effect, quite a few like it too. I just look at it more like a picture/image than a photograph. But it gives you quite interesting details and I enjoy taking HDRs now and then.

The upper image is the normal image - note the correctly exposed car, but overexposed sky and underexposed tree shadows
The lower one is the HDR - HDRs generally look good only in low res, as there is quite a bit of noise

Thank You Samurai, next time onwards will surely keep that in mind. :thumbs up

Thank you Samurai-san, :) You almost read my mind there. That's exactly what I was trying to say but somehow couldn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by preetam_KORG (Post 1790906)
Nice Picture Crazybiker!
Just try a tighter crop.
The pole in front does not look nice.
If possible crop away some portion from the back also.

EDIT : This is a quick job I did and cropped out the front and back!

Regards
Preetam

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 1792187)
@preetam: I liked crazybiker's picture better. The crop you made somehow lacks something, can't seem to put my finger on it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1792560)
Actually shamik is right. Your crop took away all the compositional aspect from the shot, leaving just the car. Whenever you shoot an animal or a vehicle, it is important to give breath space in the front. Also, you need to give a context through the background. Often, the oomph factor is provided by the contrast you achieve between the background and the main object.

Think of any car brochure, how often do they not have any background?

Consider the following crop, it removes the pole, but improves the composition by retaining background and moving the car off-center.

Attachment 311328

thanks for the comments guys.

liked samurai's cropped picture,will try that on original picture

Actually i was also trying to remove the pole from the pic by cropping but didn't liked the previews after crop,so decided the preserve the pic as original:)

Fellow bhpian and one of my good buddies performing at PAACET's Road Kill 2010. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 1794207)
Fellow bhpian and one of my good buddies performing at PAACET's Road Kill 2010. ;)

That's a strange event, what really happens in this event?

Roadkill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1794231)
That's a strange event, what really happens in this event?

lol: Samurai, I know what Road kill means. But it was a event ran by a college(Paacet) so it is their call to name their event. It is basically a Stunt Performance shows where many reputed teams like Ghostryderz aka Grz(Host team of MTV Stuntmania), RyderZ(this bhpian's team) and Team DNA Rods performed. It was awesome experiance seeing all these biggies in action.:thumbs up

Scorcher
Is that Nikhil's car ?