Team-BHP - The Auto-Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Auto-Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/16646-auto-image-thread-140.html)

The safari looks mind blowing in the snow :D
Like its finally doing what its meant to do :P

My Noob attempt with D-SLR (Olympus E-520) and some Editing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi10 (Post 1809362)
My Noob attempt with D-SLR (Olympus E-520) and some Editing

I too am a Noob, but there are the things i have to say:

Composition is good, could have been better, you have made sure the house in the backgroud comes fully in the frame, but the flont and back of the car looks un balanced, Always remember while photographing a car, always leave some space in the front, it adds to the composition.

The bonnet, W/S and roof are overexposed, they are very distracting and if you look at it for a long time you would actually get a headache. Balance your pic in such a way that, there should be no such spots, and dynamic range should increase/decrease gradually.

Pramod

@Mi10: Most of the car is completely blown out and it is not a pleasant thing to see at all. As pramod said, you could've kept more of the building in the background and moved the car to one side - it will look much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1809413)
I too am a Noob, but there are the things i have to say:

Composition is good, could have been better, you have made sure the house in the backgroud comes fully in the frame, but the flont and back of the car looks un balanced, Always remember while photographing a car, always leave some space in the front, it adds to the composition.

The bonnet, W/S and roof are overexposed, they are very distracting and if you look at it for a long time you would actually get a headache. Balance your pic in such a way that, there should be no such spots, and dynamic range should increase/decrease gradually.

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1809443)
@Mi10: Most of the car is completely blown out and it is not a pleasant thing to see at all. As pramod said, you could've kept more of the building in the background and moved the car to one side - it will look much better.

Thanks for the comments Guru's.

I understand, its over exposed in some parts and image positioning is not too great. I ll shoot a better image (hopefully will translate my small learning here) and post up soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi10 (Post 1809448)
I understand, its over exposed in some parts and image positioning is not too great.

Well, I am not a guru. But I think you can overexpose selectively, but you have keep an eye on your composition. Check out the following shots, first one using Olympus IS-3 film camera, second one from Olympus E-500.

Both are overexposed in many places, but I don't think anyone would complain about that. It is the finally effect that counts.

The Auto-Image thread-53135330_wlkxuxl.jpg

Name:  152036170_KiwRhL.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  71.6 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1809458)
Well, I am not a guru. But I think you can overexpose selectively, but you have keep an eye on your composition. Check out the following shots, first one using Olympus IS-3 film camera, second one from Olympus E-500.

Both are overexposed in many places, but I don't think anyone would complain about that. It is the finally effect that counts.

Attachment 317881

Attachment 317880

Samurai,

I dont know how to put this but the second shot looks like Rudra sirs shot. If you have taken that one i would like to sum it up in one word. WOW

Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1809468)
I dont know how to put this but the second shot looks like Rudra sirs shot. If you have taken that one i would like to sum it up in one word. WOW

Well, I did shoot it using my Olympus E-500.:)

But, here is the twist: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post364169

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1809496)
Well, I did shoot it using my Olympus E-500.:)

But, here is the twist: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...tml#post364169

So my guess was partially right, Rudra Sir has a signature of his own.

Pramod

Two from my side, the hummer was shot in haste. I wanted a different effect and ended up with a bad lens flare.

The Auto-Image thread-dsc_6037-large.jpg

The Auto-Image thread-dsc_5992-large.jpg

Riju, very nice effect, in spite of the flare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 1809707)
So my guess was partially right, Rudra Sir has a signature of his own.

Pramod

Heh, heh. I tried to do the PP myself, it is pretty much a disaster. I suck at Photoshop.:D That is why I mostly focus on composition.

The Auto-Image thread-_1212220.jpg

is the guy in the SUV showing a finger to the snapper? :D

Nice pics Rhiju :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 1810879)
is the guy in the SUV showing a finger to the snapper? :D

Nice pics Rhiju :)

Nopes my friend, he was smoking :).

Either he's got a very small finger or he's holding a cigarette. Whatever it is, nice pictures riju!

EDIT: didn't see your post above

I like this in your face picture of my i10 Kappa:)