Team-BHP - The Auto-Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Auto-Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/16646-auto-image-thread-145.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karthik1100 (Post 1857198)
Mr. Samurai if your question pointing me, i have an answer for that. i shot the picture in a parking area which has no lights turned on, it was too dark compared to light out side the building. and a wall was blocking the sun light allowing a little light besides the subject. i was totally opposite to the sun light, hope u can imagine how difficult is to take a photo of a subject between the light on the opposite side of the camera.

Mr.Karthik1100, your post surely prompted the question, but I have seen many people do that before. So I decided to pop the question and find the reason once for all.

Quote:

i shot the picture in a parking area which has no lights turned on, it was too dark compared to light out side the building. and a wall was blocking the sun light allowing a little light besides the subject. i was totally opposite to the sun light, hope u can imagine how difficult is to take a photo of a subject between the light on the opposite side of the camera.

Fortunately I can imagine, I took couple such shots last week inside a garage.

Quote:

i used ISO 1600 as i couldn't decrease the shutter speed below 45 and aperture below f4 is the maximum aperture in my lens. car head lights helped me some what by giving brightness around it. and it was looking good too with lights on.

As you can see I generally solve that problem by either using a flash or by metering the camera on the darker side.

I am no expert here, but I feel that by introducing a light source between the object and the camera, that too a light source that is illuminating the camera rather than the object, would be counterintuitive. The camera light meter would read the light source and misread the light reflected by the main object. As a result the car would be even less exposed thanks to the bright lights ahead of it.

In your case you say you have achieved the exact opposite result. That may be because the walls around the car reflected the headlights back on the car. Generally speaking, the turning on headlights would make the camera underexpose the car severely.

Tried HDR again yesterday with some fresh shots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by furioussphinx (Post 1862255)
Tried HDR again yesterday with some fresh shots.

Absolutely love the first pic! :thumbs up

However, the second and third could have been taken from a lower angle IMHO!

Photo taken from a moving Kawasaki Ninja 250

^^ Nice shot but risky.

Too noisy ?

The Auto-Image thread-getz-12.jpg

Hey.Here are two photos taken by my friend.

1)My car's HID beam lighting my house driveway.

2)HID lighting up other car.
The Auto-Image thread-dsc03500.jpg

The Auto-Image thread-dsc03507.jpg

@furioussphinx
The first one is awesome!
Can you post a higher resolution one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sks_Biker (Post 1862921)
Photo taken from a moving Kawasaki Ninja 250

Awesome ! risky yes but totally worth it :thumbs up

here is one from me.

The Auto-Image thread-100_2284-burnt.jpg

Hi all,

Here are a few pictures of my own cars which I am posting. All are unedited. There are many but am posting only a few for now.

@KPZEN that ninja shot must be high iso! Btw beautiful shot of the silver rocket.

@kpzen: Thats not so risky as you think. Its a shot with a high speed look. Taken with a mounted camera at low speeds .. about 10kmph

@aZa: Actually its a very low ISO shot and with a ND3.0 filter. Thats just a look that worked for me i felt.

I am posting up after a long time in this thread.
Clicked at The Autocross in Pune yesterday :
Some Bikes :
The Auto-Image thread-dsc_0087.jpg
The Auto-Image thread-dsc_0193.jpg
The Auto-Image thread-dsc_0123.jpg

And a xenon :
The Auto-Image thread-dsc_0042.jpg

Kanitkar, do you have any more pics of that Xenon? Looks awesome with those wheels.

Benny - here ye go !
The Auto-Image thread-dsc_0053.jpg
The Auto-Image thread-dsc_0066.jpg

@hkanitkar - Could you please also post your pics in the below thread? People are waiting..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ay-2010-a.html