Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 20:35   #376
Senior - BHPian

Option 2 or 3. 3 is the best with the chrome and all, but 2 will also look good since your monster is black.
Old 28th June 2007, 21:00   #377
BHPian

back with another chop
1.pearl white paint
2.two door conversion
3.mugen civic side skirt
4.mugen civic spoiler
5.evo 7 front and rear bumper
6.mugen civic rims

tell me how is it and what all do i need to improve on.

a higer resolution pic
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8...opycopydr3.jpg

finally learned how to get clear tail lamps working on the rear pic.
Old 28th June 2007, 21:16   #378
SRK
Senior - BHPian

@pawan:Some suggesstions..
Front wheel is wrong..I mean you should have only selected the rim from the donor image..you have even tried to take the tire off from there..Hence looks unreal..
This time you could merge the kit but your selections arent smooth..They are too sharp..You can see those at corners..You can overcome this mistake with some practise..

Pawan Can i have this High res..pic PLEASE!!!!!
Old 28th June 2007, 21:19   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
@pawan:Some suggesstions..
Front wheel is wrong..I mean you should have only selected the rim from the donor image..you have even tried to take the tire off from there..Hence looks unreal..
This time you could merge the kit but your selections arent smooth..They are too sharp..You can see those at corners..You can overcome this mistake with some practise..

Pawan Can i have this High res..pic PLEASE!!!!!
pm rj he sent me the pictures .

i get what you mean will try not to make that mistake.
Old 28th June 2007, 21:35   #380
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hey members I wanted to tell that I have been a Part of Deviantart for sometime now..
there is an ongoing competition for creating a new Paint Job for Scion cars..And yes you could win that car or the equivalent money..
Interested?? pm me,,,
Old 29th June 2007, 02:14   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
back with another chop
1.pearl white paint
2.two door conversion
3.mugen civic side skirt
4.mugen civic spoiler
5.evo 7 front and rear bumper
6.mugen civic rims

tell me how is it and what all do i need to improve on.

a higer resolution pic
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8...opycopydr3.jpg

finally learned how to get clear tail lamps working on the rear pic.

Work on the rear bumper must be smooth, can see the choppy lines. Side skirt is too blurred, the front bumper went in nicely! And the wheels are tilted a bit, but kudos to the blending part! You did a nice job with the shadows and blending with the wheels the front bumper seems a little high, lower the car a bit. Nice improvement there buddy, you are a fast learner!

Guys, what about the competition in our forum???
Old 29th June 2007, 02:36   #382
BHPian

Phew! I spent so much time and energy on this one. Heres presenting you, my modified Swift! I spent so much hard work on this but result is very bad, lots of choppy work with terrible finish! Well definitely not my best but I learnt a lot from doing this car Mods applied are, (in order)

1. White paint job
2. 2-door conversion
3. Side Skirt (Came out very bad, you can see that)
4. Front bumper ripped off from a BMW M3
5. CF Hood (Funny but it just cut out all the reflections, give it a dull finish)
6. Body mod - Made the car a little smaller (In height), If you look keenly, you can observe that, I shortened the car to make it look more sporty.
7. Wheels
8. Suzuki logo is kaput
9. Background change
Now the pain begins!!!
10. Reflections and shadows (Car blends but looks artificial)
11. 4 Variations of paintjobs!!! yes, 4! Can call it a 'pain'-job too + blending/merging the variations
12. Fog Lights, Darkening, Neon behind mesh, Underbody Neons
13. License Plate Neon (Came out good!)
14. Headlight and Decals, oh yeah! the open window too!

This project was very very very hard. Had no problem with the car parts, all the pain went into the lighting and the background effect. Work is all untidy and choppy. But still bring on the comments! Here go the pics...

ORIGINAL :::

MODIFIED :::

Thanks!

Sagar.
Old 29th June 2007, 05:53   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Option 2 or 3. 3 is the best with the chrome and all, but 2 will also look good since your monster is black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
A little Mod job and some help from you guys in deciding which head lamp to import??

Godfather
Can some photoshop experts add these lights to my Dicor and put the pics here. would love to see how it looks before i spend the money.

Thanks
Godfather
Old 29th June 2007, 08:19   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Can some photoshop experts add these lights to my Dicor and put the pics here. would love to see how it looks before i spend the money.

Thanks
Godfather
Do you want them illuminated or just plain like you gave?

And,

In the first pic,you have the 2 angel lights..fine

In the second also you have, but below, are those LEDs???

Last edited by furioussphinx : 29th June 2007 at 08:24.
Old 29th June 2007, 08:51   #385
BHPian

Just tried with those those lamps you gave. Sorry buddy, they can be made to fit correctly but the facing of the angel lights is diagonal, i.e, facing the err...bumper??? The picture you gave of the headlight and your Safari are in different angles, so as far as I can see, nothing can be done.

Sagar.
Old 29th June 2007, 09:27   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
The picture you gave of the headlight and your Safari are in different angles, so as far as I can see, nothing can be done.

Sagar.
Couldn't you just flip that Safari's image using Photoshop, some thing like mirror effect, there ought to be a feature like that.
Old 29th June 2007, 09:34   #387
BHPian

Quote:
The picture you gave of the headlight and your Safari are in different angles, so as far as I can see, nothing can be done..
Furious.. here is what you need, our very own 'Windows image viewer' lets you flip images...

Old 29th June 2007, 10:20   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Furious.. here is what you need, our very own 'Windows image viewer' lets you flip images...
Hey Spinnerr, I was referring to the angle of the angel lamps and not the heal light assembly unit as such. I did flip the headlight and place it in but the angel lamps inside, tilt at a greater angle than what is required in the image. Thats what I meant.

Sagar.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:48   #389
BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the angle of the angel lamps and not the heal light assembly unit as such.
Sagar.
Yup, did see what you meant, say how about this...

using MS Paints 'Stretch/skew' option to level it out. But am losing the image quality, am sure Photoshop should have someting better.

With MS Paint, press 'Ctrl+W' then you can choose the degree of the tilt, and you will get something like this. Do give it a shot, you might end up with and angle that is just right for this...

Old 29th June 2007, 11:36   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
1. using MS Paints 'Stretch/skew' option to level it out. But am losing the image quality, am sure Photoshop should have someting better.

2. With MS Paint, press 'Ctrl+W' then you can choose the degree of the tilt, and you will get something like this. Do give it a shot, you might end up with and angle that is just right for this...
Point 1, yes very much possible, I can fir the headlamp unit into the position perfectly without any loss of quality.

point 2, Do you mean warp, rotate or something similar? In this case if we do, the entire 2 sockets must be tilted and it cannot be done neatly, and if done, the entire headlamp unit model style will change. It will look like another fitment and not this provided one, I hope you got my point! we can tilt it according to 'our' requirement, but in this case, godfather (safari owner) wants to fit the lights he provided, so if we alter the angle of the bulb alone, the entire shape, style and whole model changes! this is the angle thingy I was trying to explain...

the angle from the first picture (safari one) is actually parallel coming towards you at a acute angle inclination towards your left side in the horizontal plane exactly parallel to your plane of vision and perpendicular to your seating position (Unless you are lying down ) Hope you get it. While the other two lamps as you can see are tilted at say same acute angle towards the same left in the same horizontal plane PLUS along with another acute angle inclination towards in the vertical plane also (downward)! So basically this extra angle in the vertical plane is the spoil sport which is totally void in the initial case. Phew! Too mathematical eh?

Sagar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks