Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 13:01   #7306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
he kept the aperture open with one finger and held the lens close to the cam body by hand and clicked these.
That is called hard-work coupled with strong will to experiment ! Somewhere else I read people use a cello tape to fix the lens in reverse for longer macro experiments. But I dont know how practical that is to different brands as the camera body design varies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffRyder View Post
this was Hilarious...
Glad you enjoyed !
Old 15th January 2010, 14:25   #7307
BHPian

Folks,

Posting this on behalf of my friend !

A glimpse of few pics who is into prof photography, mainly Wildlife(Birds).

Those interested can view more pics at a better resolution here - >Anupam Dash - Photo Portfolio
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-pic1.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-pic2.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-pic3.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-pic4.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-pic5.jpg  

The Official non-auto Image thread-pic6.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 17:12   #7308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks TG, thanks to all those who tried counting the bees, now I get an idea of how 'unemployed' we are in a corporate country ! Olden days it was just 'killing fly' but now its 'counting fly'.

Once upon a time, a wise man called 'Samurai' somewhere in the coastal Karnataka said "DSLR is a money-pit". Nobody understood that until they bought one. I was happy with my P&S canon for many years. Someone told me "you will be a great 'artist' if you buy a DSLR". I started with a D60, not that happy with the 18-55 kit, went for a bargain buy of 55-200, but again not being happy with the range, I am reading all about telezooms upto 500mm. Someone told me "you need a 'prime' for better sharpness and low light snaps", so I have a 35mm 1.8 as immediate target. A photographer friend of mine said "you should get hold of 80-200mm 2.8 for best of best". Did he mean 'sell all what I have including my wife and kids' and get on the streets ?

If you find a man like this anywhere in India, please dont ignore !! (view from a Nokia N70).
Attachment 265261

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Some people left me loose in the kitchen, Took some macros, Hope its not an overdose .

Pramod
Man, great pix ! Awesome start.
Old 16th January 2010, 00:01   #7309
Senior - BHPian

The total solar eclipse we had at Tvm today.

More pictures at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1684631
Old 16th January 2010, 10:39   #7310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Siva, I envy you!

Those pictures in your friends site are really awesome....

I know it is not an easy job taking pictures like those - so it must have been one hell of an effort.

Can you share the locations from where the birds / wildlife / flowers were spotted? If not shoot, a trip to these places would be worthwhile...
Old 16th January 2010, 20:30   #7311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
A glimpse of few pics who is into prof photography, mainly Wildlife(Birds).
Those interested can view more pics at a better resolution here - >Anupam Dash - Photo Portfolio
Hi buddy, I just went through the website and got a surprise by seeing my neighbour girl's face on the portrait section ! So, I called Anupam to check if by any chance he is staying in my society, but no luck. He didnt have any clue about who this girl was, may be its just one of the zoomed snap without the subject's awareness. I know the mother of this kid and she might get a shock by seeing her kid's picture on a website, she is a paranoid character to add up. Anyway, anupam told me that I could ask her parents if they want a hard copy of the snap !! Now thats a tricky situation, first I should tell them there is a photo published without permission, then a hard copy of it....I am thinking .
Old 17th January 2010, 11:41   #7312
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if my above post caused any bad feeling, it was not with a tone of finding faults or accusing someone. But Anupam proved that he is gem of a person by calling me back to tell that the girl's photo is removed from his website as he didnt have any clue about the girl nor the parents. I was so pleased with the sporting spirit he responded to me, thank you Anupam if you are reading this. I am learning many things from you.

What Anupam did is a great example for those who maintain personal sites showcasing their hard work. Never post a portrait (specially a girl/women) without permission. The shock that can cause to someone would be so embarassing. Anyway I didnt tell the girl's parents, not they know anything about it. Let it be that way.
Old 17th January 2010, 12:19   #7313
Senior - BHPian

Say hello to my new friend, it looks straight from the movie Avatar.

The Official non-auto Image thread-piller.jpg
The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00224.jpg

The last one is from a funeral pyre, its a OOF image, i hope it conveys the mood. "Aakhri Alvida"

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc00198.jpg

Pramod
Old 17th January 2010, 13:48   #7314
Distinguished - BHPian

Enroute Mekedatu yesterday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official non-auto Image thread-img_3041.jpg  

Old 17th January 2010, 23:09   #7315
Senior - BHPian

Fog lamps are part of the standard equipment.

The Official non-auto Image thread-dsc09117.jpg
Old 17th January 2010, 23:24   #7316
Senior - BHPian

Rightly said. BTW, where and how did this Arachnid pose for you?

Quote:

Attachment 267287
Old 17th January 2010, 23:41   #7317
BHPian

@clevermax
Phew! I got uneasy seeing that man! I have Arachnophobia, really!
Regards,
TG.
Old 18th January 2010, 08:55   #7318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 267287

Wow clever thats some nice PP done, same pics i posted looks very pale and simple http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1682338-post7298.html, , BTW can i have a pair of fog lamps for my car as well ,

Pramod
Old 18th January 2010, 10:26   #7319
BHPian

vrprabhu. I shall pass your comments to my friend. I will try to get more info on your queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sorry if my above post caused any bad feeling, it was not with a tone of finding faults or accusing someone. But Anupam proved that he is gem of a person by calling me back to tell that the girl's photo is removed from his website as he didnt have any clue about the girl nor the parents. I was so pleased with the sporting spirit he responded to me, thank you Anupam if you are reading this. I am learning many things from you. .......
Shaju, What you have mentioned is absolutely right ! Even I am paranoid about posting pics of my family in the internet ! I know Anupam for a long time and his intentions are purely to potray his hardwork and nothing else. I know how he worked hard to get those pics and bring up the site. In fact for most of the potraits that you see under People Section in his website, he gets a consent in the form of an email before uploading them. That includes mine as well(the pic where I am holding a NIKON). Its just one of a case that the consent wasnt requested from the pic of that girl in subject that is just unintentional, at the same time he didnt want to purge his hardowork.

But you have done the right thing Shaju !..also good to know that you had a chat with my friend !
Old 18th January 2010, 10:42   #7320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Rightly said. BTW, where and how did this Arachnid pose for you?
This was a small one (1cm diameter), we saw it on the boot lid of pramodkumar's Lancer when I was about to show him how to take a reverse lens macro, and this became the obvious subject! This one didn't run away, I think he loved to pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
@clevermax
Phew! I got uneasy seeing that man! I have Arachnophobia, really!
Regards,
TG.
TG, I also have Arachnophobia. But there is a size threshold over which I feel scared.. You know those huge spiders which you see in Kerala!! If there is one of them in the bathroom, I still have to call mom/wife to take it out of the bathroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Wow clever thats some nice PP done, same pics i posted looks very pale and simple http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1682338-post7298.html, , BTW can i have a pair of fog lamps for my car as well ,
Pramod
Yes Pramod, its the same click, PP'ed a little bit and cropped.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks